Where is Kelly Hayes when we need him?

samsquench07
Übergod

Re: Where is Kelly Hayes when we need him?

Post by samsquench07 »

You can knock Kelly Hayes all you want, but for example, with the double homicide in west Kelowna last night, Kelly Hayes would have been chasing the suspect down the road, side by side, with a microphone interviewing him as he was fleeing, and that's a fact.

Some people are pretty shallow sometimes I find, hearing that he "doesn't have the professional look". That's just obscene. Who cares what a person looks like.
ScoutFan

Post by ScoutFan »

Actually, it looks like he got there after everyone else and took the "morning after" photo - even the SUV was already gone....

http://www.globaltvbc.com/double+homici ... story.html
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

kibbs wrote:
It seems like he was hard at work and heard the call.No so random.

Listening to a police scanner...wow, now that's high tech reporting right there.
Turning off of Lakeshore onto KLO and coming across the scene right at that corner at that moment was nothing more than dumb luck.

As for the ridiculous comment above about him chasing someone who had just killed two people and fled the scene...you're right, he probably would have been fool enough to interfer with police in order to grab 15 more minutes of fame. Probably would have been shot and killed in the process...but at least his name would have been on the front page of Castanet again. :127:
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

TazzTheCat wrote:Wasn't Kelly Hayes the one who (and I am unsure of the details) recorded himself buying drugs and then reported on it? I may be wrong but his name and that story seem to ring a bell of some sort...in any case, a reporter who is that daft deserves our full and undivided bash-a-thon. And please, comparing him to anyone who actually is intelligent is in it-self, an unintelligent assumption (not saying you are unintellegent). He's a joke. Imo of course. Again, where's the emotican that punches itselt in the face! It would fit nicely here too.

Yep. He's the stereotypical interfering reporter who does more harm than good trying to generate a sensationalized story. I hate those kinds of reporters.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

samsquench07 wrote:Kelly Hayes would have been chasing the suspect down the road, side by side, with a microphone interviewing him as he was fleeing, and that's a fact.

Please do tell how you have obtained this factual information...

That or just admit that you have posted something false.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

:coffeecanuck: Oh my, this is just too funny. Someone should start up a Kent Molgat appreciation thread too, while we're getting all silly and everything.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Graham Adder wrote:Someone is asking for that monotone, scruffy, unshaven, sloppy dressed, unprofessional misrepresentation to return?
Seriously?

:rate10: I call him Monohaze. Can't stand his voice, drives me nuttier.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Bsuds wrote: I call him Monohaze. Can't stand his voice, drives me nuttier.

Monohaze! :dyinglaughing: I love it.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I dont get it.
Does he have a unibrow?
That can be fixed, ya know.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I like Hayes....

Hope he makes the "big time " one day ..

He's earned it.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

I hope he does well just to be contrary to some of these comments.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Please do tell how you have obtained this factual information...

That or just admit that you have posted something false.[/quote]

The one thing Graham, you forgot to do, is read slow enough to grasp the information.

My post says, Kelly Hayes "WOULD" have been chasing....not Kelly Hayes "WAS" chasing. or Kelly Hayes "DID" chase. Therefor , the use of WOULD, means hypothetical.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

MAPearce wrote:I like Hayes....

Hope he makes the "big time " one day ..

He's earned it.

I think you mean the "Big Top" cause he's more of a clown than a reporter.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Ha haaaa! That's funny. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TazzTheCat
Fledgling

Post by TazzTheCat »

samsquench07 wrote:You can knock Kelly Hayes all you want, but for example, with the double homicide in west Kelowna last night, Kelly Hayes would have been chasing the suspect down the road, side by side, with a microphone interviewing him as he was fleeing, and that's a fact.

Some people are pretty shallow sometimes I find, hearing that he "doesn't have the professional look". That's just obscene. Who cares what a person looks like.

This is so funny! My question is this ' if he would have been chasing the suspect down the road with his microphone in hand..side-by-side... interviewing said suspect as he was fleeing...then why wasn't he? He is still a reporter..right? Just for a different outlet? I think his 5 o'clock shadow got in the way. No one cares what a person looks like..UNLESS they are on TV every night trying to convince us what they are saying is worth listening to. How hard is it to stay 'tidy' ..not hard unless your a scruff. Obscene? Ahhahaha! Wheres my punch myself in the head emotican!!! bwap bwap bwap!!! Keep er coming samsquencho!! Keep er' coming!
The floggings will continue, until morale improves.

Return to “Central Okanagan”