Realtor welcome

joer2012
Fledgling

Re: Realtor welcome

Post by joer2012 »

littlerope wrote:right on man funny you should say that...i just bought a set of golf clubs tonite after 8 years away from the game...and my little boat and motor are all tuned up and waiting for the fish to start biting. i'll be damned if i'll let one or two negative people form my opinion of this area. i waited 40 years since i first saw this area when i was 17 to move here and i can't wait for the good weather! cheers all! :spinball:

Cool and everything, but wait til you've been here a few years paying the sunshine tax and listening to all the snobs. When you've ground your teeth down to stumps after a few years and paid the price, you can come and tell us all how awesome it is.
Til then, I wish you good luck and every happiness.
AB oil patch worker
Sunshine Tax Rebate recipient
the_zipper
Board Meister

Post by the_zipper »

Oh what a bunch of downers! Welcome to the Okanagan!
I was born here, raised here, now raising my own here! This is a beautiful wonderful place to live! Enjoy!
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

My realtor keeps sending calandars, christmas cards, invitations to cookouts, etc... she was 'born and raised in the Okanagan' lol :sunshine:
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
littlerope

Post by littlerope »

man i love all the responses...seems i might have touched a nerve with many :ohmygod:
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

Captain Awesome wrote:Sounds weird. May be you weren't such a good customer during the transaction. May be he has enough friends and not enough free swag for you. May be he lost money on your transaction and talking to you might bring up some bad memories. May be he knew your place was a grow-up, and he's not sure if you know about it by now or not. May be your wife is cheating on you with him, and he doesn't want to make it awkward by seeing you in public. May be it's his evil twin running around Kelowna.

Possibilities are endless.

I just peed my pants reading this reply. I needed that, I had a bit of a crap day.

Captain Awesome - I have tried so hard to not like you... you can be abrasive and mean and seem so uncaring at times. However, closer examination of my feelings has me thinking that in truth I may be falling in love with you. You're attracting me like a hoochie lure attracts a salmon. PM me if you think our mutual cynicism of our world could mesh.
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

I think the OP is absolutely within his rights to expect some degree of appreciation be shown him and his wife by someone who lined their pockets with several thousands of dollars through a business transaction. This "realtor" is anything BUT professional. Furthermore, he's an absolute idiot considering what line of work he's in.

Dirtybiker misses the point completely. Private transactions do not demand the same sort of decorum as befits professional commerce. If I bought his old used bikes and cars, he's the last person I'd want phoning me up. Bosom buddies, wings and beer, and lifelong friends have nothing to do with the nature of the major business deal we're discussing here.

It's disgusting how many people selling things treat you like chopped liver after your money is in their pockets. Unfortunately, this attitude is remarkably prevalent throughout the Okanagan. Experience has shown me it permeates all business sectors, but seems worst among salespeople and retailers (there are exceptions, but not in abundance). (I know which hot tub store it is that was referred to earlier. Their business sure ain't built on after-sale service, so it's gotta be high profit margins that keep them open.)

You'd like to be able to "out" the shabby skanks here where it might do some good, but to do so would be a violation of Castanet rules. All you can do is "yelp" about this amateur and the company he's associated with on a so-named website. Certainly sounds like he's earned whatever rating you give him!

And yes, you'd better have plenty of cash if you want to enjoy the "Okanagan lifestyle" anywhere other than from inside the walls of your new townhouse! Everyone here wants a piece of your wallet. If you don't look like you smell of money, you'll be tolerated but not treated like much.
'Authority' is not a reason.
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
Pffft, you humans. It's amazing you've made it this far. - Prot
verve_80
Fledgling

Post by verve_80 »

littlerope wrote:man i love all the responses...seems i might have touched a nerve with many :ohmygod:

Kelowna is great! I'd recommend not coming on this forum too often. 90% of the people on here have a hate on for Kelowna, but they still live here....go figure.
littlerope

Post by littlerope »

Yeah i hear you, was just trying to get a response from the viewers. and you're right i won't take these forums as gospel. there does seem to be a lot of hate on for Kelowna. but from my end, having spent 25 years in beautiful winnipeg and 31 years in vancouver the troubles of this city seem mild in comparison. snobbery i can handle, -40C and 9 months of rain i can't. cheers.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

littlerope wrote: 9 months of rain i can't. cheers.

That's why I moved here, never regretted it and I'm sure you won't either.
lot's of nice people here too! Don't let all the negative Nellies get to you either.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Bsuds wrote:
That's why I moved here, never regretted it and I'm sure you won't either.
lot's of nice people here too! Don't let all the negative Nellies get to you either.

x2. Exactly what I was going to say.

Look on the brighter side of life, and there is nowhere better.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Its the greatest city in the greatest province in the greatest country on the planet to live.
Caint git better 'en that!
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Wow :hailjo:
verve_80
Fledgling

Post by verve_80 »

Babbitman wrote:Its the greatest city in the greatest province in the greatest country on the planet to live.
Caint git better 'en that!

Well said! I agree!
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

I like Peachland and Vernon.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

littlerope wrote: -40C

No more of that for me, 'cept for funerals and weddings, the occasional anniversary

Left the land of 10 months. of winter and two months of bad snowmobiling
22 yrs ago for this paradise...

No going back!!! :sunshine:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Central Okanagan”