Where is Kelly Hayes when we need him?

Graham Adder
Guru

Re: Where is Kelly Hayes when we need him?

Post by Graham Adder »

MAPearce wrote:I like Hayes....

Hope he makes the "big time " one day ..

He's earned it.

According to David here at Castanet, he came from the "big time" and we we lucky to have him as our local mic-pusher.
I was told this a few years back by David Fowler when I first raised concerns to Kelly's accuracy in reporting.
So, since he came from the "big time" I think we can safely assume he's on his way out.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Well, you gotta agree, Kelly Hayes, is the fastest reporter in the west. Remember that time in the 2002 Okanagan Forest Fires, Kelly Hayes was there 1st, before any fire fighters had arrived?
Then when they finally made it up to the hill to fight the fire, he was already there with his microphone to catch the 1st interview, underneath the falling embers. It wasn't that long ago.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Graham Adder wrote:According to David here at Castanet, he came from the "big time" and we we lucky to have him as our local mic-pusher.
I was told this a few years back by David Fowler when I first raised concerns to Kelly's accuracy in reporting.
So, since he came from the "big time" I think we can safely assume he's on his way out.

What did he do before Castanet?
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

What did he do before Castanet?

Hayes is a pioneer of sorts, being the first journalist to introduce Internet news video to the Okanagan. He’s a world traveler with a passion for covering international conflicts including Afghanistan and Egypt and Libya.

Prior to broadcasting, Hayes was a hot-air balloon pilot and is a former Regional Director for Central Okanagan East.

Read it on Global News: CHBC Okanagan | Kelly Hayes

The dude has been crossing off a serious bucket list.What have you done with your life?
Peace be with you.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

kibbs wrote:, Hayes was a hot-air balloon pilot

See, I knew he was full of hot air! :127:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Graphite wrote:What did he do before Castanet?

At the time of my correspondence with David, he would not divulge Kelly's background.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

kibbs wrote:Hayes is a pioneer of sorts...The dude has been crossing off a serious bucket list.What have you done with your life?

:coffeecanuck:

Pioneer?
Bucket list?

My list is filled with real life experiences.
I'm constantly adding to my list with the intent of never striking it clean.

Kelly's list and my list would look very different.

Face it:
He's just not worth your praises.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

What many of you castaneters do not know, is that Kelly Hayes was a former WWF wrestler, once taking on Jake the Snake Roberts in a steel cage mage back in 1986. He was a wrestling announcer back then with Mean Gene Okerland.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Are you going for comic relief here? That's outrageously funny!
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

They called him:
Kelly"TheCloud"Haze
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Kelly's list and my list would look very different.

Face it:
He's just not worth your praises.

Everyone has a different bucket list.His actions help others ,like the lady with high traffic dealers in the same rental.
If yours is to launch off of K2 on your board with your dog on your back ,all the power to you.It doesn't make you better than him or earn my praises.They are my praises and i will decide who has earned them.Dressing like Colombo doesn't bother me in the least.Kelly gave me a ride once when my truck broke down.Speak of people as you know them.
Peace be with you.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

kibbs wrote:They are my praises and i will decide who has earned them...Speak of people as you know them.

True, they are yours to give to who you wish.
I do speak of people as I know them.
I've had the displeasure of meeting MonoHaze in person and I determined that he was all I say about him.
Carry on.
Praise away.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Praise away.

Thank you
Since Kelly gave me a ride he made me aware of my bad and nasty neighbors.I googled them and it turns out they are murderers and i am truly grateful for the knowledge .
A police scanner is an old school form of investigation .He used his skill to park himself across the street ,used new video tech and BUSTED that bad cop .Caught him red handed! Bravo !Well done sir.He probably will better the force as much as little Bro down at the Van airport.
A woman on her own is afraid and having to deal with a high volume weed business in a residential area Right on top of her .The city wont deal even though its their property .The cops only deal after he talks them into selling him dope (old scruffy sure faked out those pathetic pot peddlers).reports the video to us and the cops .
Great balls of fire.WE are not worthy :hailjo:
Peace be with you.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

kibbs wrote:Thank you
Since Kelly gave me a ride he made me aware of my bad and nasty neighbors.I googled them and it turns out they are murderers and i am truly grateful for the knowledge .
A police scanner is an old school form of investigation .He used his skill to park himself across the street ,used new video tech and BUSTED that bad cop .Caught him red handed! Bravo !Well done sir.He probably will better the force as much as little Bro down at the Van airport.
A woman on her own is afraid and having to deal with a high volume weed business in a residential area Right on top of her .The city wont deal even though its their property .The cops only deal after he talks them into selling him dope (old scruffy sure faked out those pathetic pot peddlers).reports the video to us and the cops .
Great balls of fire.WE are not worthy :hailjo:

What a load of drivel.
Skill? bahahahaha. He was on his way to East Kelowna via the scanner - a device which thousands of Joe Blows spend their time listening to. By the time he got there, the suspect was already at the corner of KLO and Lakeshore....he lucked out getting there at that particular moment.
Skill. Good grief.

No, we are not worthy of idiots who illegally buy pot so that he can get his name in the news again :127:
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

No, we are not worthy of idiots who illegally buy pot so that he can get his name in the news again

Like the police never use this tactic. Ummm,he is a reporter with hundreds of articles with his name under them, just how narcissistic do you think he is?
Peace be with you.

Return to “Central Okanagan”