Two bodies recovered from SUV

janalta
Übergod

Re: Two Bodies recovered from SUV

Post by janalta »

Crazy Horse wrote:
Too busy being nurses? I know of 2 registered nurses that had drug problems; one cocaine, the other ecstasy.
University? That doesn't lessen odds at all.
Hockey players? Don't get me started on that one. Oxy to heroin and everything in between
And while I do agree low self esteem is a factor, I have also met some of the surest, most confident people that have made bad choices.

Do not fool yourself into this "100%" certainty B.S.
99% in the very best scenario.

You don't know my kids...therefore have no right to an opinion of them, or the least, your opinion isn't based on any factual information and therefore, is BS

And yeah...drugs run rampant in girls minor hockey :127:
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
Crazy Horse
Fledgling

Post by Crazy Horse »

janalta wrote:
You don't know my kids...therefore have no right to an opinion of them, or the least, your opinion isn't based on any factual information and therefore, is BS

And yeah...drugs run rampant in girls minor hockey :127:

Okay.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Two bodies recovered from SUV

Post by MAPearce »

Lay with dog , rise with fleas.....

If your lucky , you ge to atleast "rise".....

simple really...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Crazy Horse
Fledgling

Post by Crazy Horse »

sislonski wrote:
Can I make that statement about my children with absolute certainty? Of course not, I'm not an idiot, no one can, but I'd be willing to bet on it.

That was the point I was trying to make.

As for being special, you don't have to break anything to me, I never stated that I was "special". But I have to disagree with your comment that no one is special, we are all special in our own way (well maybe not 100% of us, but most of us). Maybe even you!

Very true, everyone is special ( even the broken ones). I should have said "immune" I think.

I am not trying to make waves, I just don't want anybody to take for granted their normal , happy lifestyle and see news stories like this and think that it can't be them some day.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

Crazy Horse wrote:
Very true, everyone is special ( even the broken ones). I should have said "immune" I think.

I am not trying to make waves, I just don't want anybody to take for granted their normal , happy lifestyle and see news stories like this and think that it can't be them some day.

I think what you fail to account for is the fact that not all parents are clueless about what goes on in their children's lives.
You have to be pretty naive and disconnected not to be able to see warning signs that your child may be heading in a dangerous direction.
If you have an open and honest relationship with your kids...if you talk, listen and pay attention to their lives....serious problems are not easily hidden. Drug use is not that difficult to spot if you truly know your kids.
Changes in appearance, behavior, friends, activities...all warning signs...and in many cases, like the woman in question - pretty easy for even those who didn't know her to see.
We are not all oblivious.
Old enough to care less.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

MAPearce wrote:Lay with dog , rise with fleas.....

If your lucky , you ge to atleast "rise".....

simple really...

I just don't want anybody to take for granted their normal , happy lifestyle and see news stories like this and think that it can't be them some day.

Simple really......
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
sislonski

Post by sislonski »

Crazy Horse wrote:Very true, everyone is special ( even the broken ones). I should have said "immune" I think.

Yes "immune would have been a better choice. I get what you're trying to say but ya know, most parents "know" or "try to know" their kids. It's never a given and it's never 100%. But the majority do. Who wouldn't? If you don't believe in your children then what hope do they have?
Crazy Horse
Fledgling

Post by Crazy Horse »

janalta wrote:I think what you fail to account for is the fact that not all parents are clueless about what goes on in their children's lives.
You have to be pretty naive and disconnected not to be able to see warning signs that your child may be heading in a dangerous direction.
If you have an open and honest relationship with your kids...if you talk, listen and pay attention to their lives....serious problems are not easily hidden. Drug use is not that difficult to spot if you truly know your kids.
Changes in appearance, behavior, friends, activities...all warning signs...and in many cases, like the woman in question - pretty easy for even those who didn't know her to see.
We are not all oblivious.

I couldn't agree more. But my point is not about being clueless and naive or not.

I am saying it is not just the kids of the naive or disconnected parents that are vulnerable. Even if you are absolutely on top of everything, it does not guarantee immunity from these problems. Simply being "open and honest...etc" is not an absolute guarantee.
greywolf2673

Post by greywolf2673 »

I hear people calling this guy a gangster? he in fact was not one he was A drug running mule. he got busted with someones cargo. got charged people lost that cargo now they are out money and buddy plea deals to a lesser sentence and flips on the person/persons who got him to mule the drugs. hence why he is dead nobody likes a rat and he gpt what he had coming to him TCB. now there is no witness to prove who it was load this *bleep* was muling. he paid the price he knew he was expendable, and the girl i think was just a innocent girl who got caught up in it and witness her BF murder and they did her in to. it's how the chain works. ever wonder why some charges never end up happening it's because they take out a witness or a rat and nobody can get charged. if there is no one to point the finger remember 3 can keep a secret if two are dead!.
sislonski

Post by sislonski »

greywolf2673 wrote:I hear people calling this guy a gangster? he in fact was not one he was A drug running mule. he got busted with someones cargo. got charged people lost that cargo now they are out money and buddy plea deals to a lesser sentence and flips on the person/persons who got him to mule the drugs. hence why he is dead nobody likes a rat and he gpt what he had coming to him TCB. now there is no witness to prove who it was load this *bleep* was muling. he paid the price he knew he was expendable, and the girl i think was just a innocent girl who got caught up in it and witness her BF murder and they did her in to. it's how the chain works. ever wonder why some charges never end up happening it's because they take out a witness or a rat and nobody can get charged. if there is no one to point the finger remember 3 can keep a secret if two are dead!.
Gangster shmangster, we (the general public) don't care what he is/was. He like anyone else involved involved in drugs and crime are losers. Woopty doo, you know how the chain works, we don't really care or go to bed worrying about it. I hope they all do away with each other. As far as those getting involved with these men/or women, they know the risks. I feel no pity, they're just as guilty by association.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

greywolf2673 wrote:I hear people calling this guy a gangster? he in fact was not one he was A drug running mule. he got busted with someones cargo. got charged people lost that cargo now they are out money and buddy plea deals to a lesser sentence and flips on the person/persons who got him to mule the drugs. hence why he is dead nobody likes a rat and he gpt what he had coming to him TCB. now there is no witness to prove who it was load this *bleep* was muling. he paid the price he knew he was expendable, and the girl i think was just a innocent girl who got caught up in it and witness her BF murder and they did her in to. it's how the chain works. ever wonder why some charges never end up happening it's because they take out a witness or a rat and nobody can get charged. if there is no one to point the finger remember 3 can keep a secret if two are dead!.

Yes it kind of works like that alright. Arrested in the USA where they hand out very long sentences for offences like this... far more time in jail than they would get in Canada. Turning "states evidence" [as they call it on TV] for a lesser sentence and the promise of a transfer to a warm cell back in Canada, as opposed to twenty years in Walla Walla must look pretty handsome to Canadian citizens who get themselves into that situation. Naturally, the rest of his criminal associates end up most disappoointed in his performance, don't they!! These guys all know the way the game is played, but find out they don't have nearly as big a cajones as they thought when they are actually presented with the prospect of a very long jail term. The most unfortunate aspect of this whole sordid event is that the young woman was not worldly enough to recognize the jeopardy she was placing herself in with this man.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

Treblehook wrote:
The most unfortunate aspect of this whole sordid event is that the young woman was not worldly enough to recognize the jeopardy she was placing herself in with this man.

What leads you to that conclusion?
I don't agree with your assessment at all.
She was not a young woman. She was a 30 year old mother of two boys. She was a business owner. She was not, by any stretch of the imagination, a naive 20 year old fresh out of her parent's house.

I'm sure she was well aware of what kind of guy she was with and the risks associated with her decision.
Old enough to care less.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Someone start a thread about parenting in Social Concerns. The comments here are WAY off topic.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

the people he worked for weren't too bright either, sending down a chopper a week after the first one gets popped. The flight was arranged by a "dea agent" I wonder who that was...hmm...someone bragging about working for the dea perhaps?
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

janalta wrote:
What leads you to that conclusion?
I don't agree with your assessment at all.
She was not a young woman. She was a 30 year old mother of two boys. She was a business owner. She was not, by any stretch of the imagination, a naive 20 year old fresh out of her parent's house.

I'm sure she was well aware of what kind of guy she was with and the risks associated with her decision.

The age of being young, naive, and innocent seems to be going up all the time. When your 20 maybe 21 you can get away with this description but not 25 and definitely not 30. She had the gangster girlfriend look and had a tanning business which is a business that can be easily used to clean money. Maybe she wasn't involved with his dealings but it wouldn't surprise me if she was. I do believe she knew very well where his money was coming from and probably enjoyed the lifestyle. It is sad she didn't think of her kids first as they are the ones that will suffer.

Return to “Central Okanagan”