Bigfoot is real and part human

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Bigfoot is real and part human

Post by steven lloyd »

November 30, 2012 at 9:56 am
Bigfoot is real and part human, researcher claims
By Rhonda Callow

A genetic researcher who claims to have sequenced Bigfoot’s genome says the creatures are real and should be recognized as indigenous people.

According to Texas veterinarian Dr. Melba S. Ketchum, Bigfoot – the subject of many a grainy photo and shaky video – is real and she says she can prove it. Dr. Ketchum is a veterinarian and the founder of DNA Diagnostics Inc – a company that “provides multi-species testing including human as well as animal DNA testing for individuals, law enforcement, breed associations, and state regulatory agencies” – and she claims to have sequenced the hairy critter’s DNA.

“Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples,” Ketchum said in a press release. “The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern *bleep* sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to *bleep* sapiens and other primate species.”

Why’s the mitochondrial DNA identical to that of humans? Well, seemingly, it’s because Bigfoot’s ancestors interbred with our ancestors. Ketchum says, “Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female *bleep* sapiens.”

Ketchum claims that the study is currently under peer review and, according to the press release, “Full details of the study will be presented in the near future when the study manuscript publishes.”

Where and how Ketchum obtained the DNA samples is not mentioned in the press release, however, according to Robert Lindsay’s blog, it seems it may have been obtained from a group of bagel-loving Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) in Michigan:

Ketchum’s spokesman seems to be Robin Lynne, a longtime Bigfoot habituator who lives in rural Michigan. She claims that there are up to 10 Bigfoots living around her property, and every day, she feeds them a variety of foods including blueberry bagels, which they are particularly fond of. A lot of people have ridiculed her story, but according to information I have, there may indeed be Bigfoots on the property assuming some of the things she is relating are actually occurring.

For instance, one morning, Robin went out to her feeding box and found it locked! She heard noises inside, and when she opened it, the food was gone and there was an opossum inside!

She let the opossum out, but she was puzzled. Sure the possum could possibly have gotten into the box, but there is no way the possum could have gotten into the box and then locked the door to it afterwards. Shades of a locked room mystery here. Lynne concluded that the Bigfoots must have put the opossum into the box as a joke.

But not everybody is convinced that Ketchum’s study really does prove that Bigfoot exists. “Let me offer a preliminary alternate hypothesis, said Steven Novella, an academic clinical neurologist at Yale University School of Medicine. “The hair samples that contain only human mtDNA are from a human. The samples from which the nuDNA is isolated are also from humans but with some contaminants or some other animal source mixed in. That seems to be a more parsimonious interpretation.” Of course, another possible explanation could be that the whole thing is a hoax.

Ketchum also believes that Bigfoots should be recognized as human and afforded the same entitlements and protections. “Genetically, the Sasquatch are a human hybrid with unambiguously modern human maternal ancestry.

Government at all levels must recognize them as an indigenous people and immediately protect their human and Constitutional rights against those who would see in their physical and cultural differences a ‘license’ to hunt, trap, or kill them,” she said.

“While it’s easy to chortle at such stories, the scientific method demands that disbelief be suspended until peers have reviews and retested”, said the Register’s Iain Thompson in an article titled Boffin claims Bigfoot DNA reveals BESTIAL BONKING (El Reg headlines never disappoint!). “Maybe it is possible that someone had the one-night stand from hell and we ended up with a near relative – but great claims demand great evidence.”

I’ll eat my toque if Ketchum really does have proof that Bigfoot exists, but what do you think? Leave a comment and share your thoughts.

http://www.sync-blog.com/sync/2012/11/b ... laims.html
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Bigfoot is real and part human

Post by ferri »

i'm probably opening myself up to ridicule here, but hey, won't be the first time...i've always thought they existed. just because i haven't seen one doesn't mean it isn't there. i've never seen a cougar in the wild either, but i know they exist.
i always have to snicker to myself when i read how many 'new' species of creatures are 'discovered' every year. :)
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm not ruling out the existence of Big Foot, but I have to ask... Is it possible for a human to produce offspring with a primate?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Glacier wrote:I'm not ruling out the existence of Big Foot, but I have to ask... Is it possible for a human to produce offspring with a primate?

If a woman would have bred with a big hairy ape-like being, then this also means booze must have been around even longer than we thought.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
diggerdick
Board Meister

Post by diggerdick »

They probably met in the old Willow inn back in the 70s.

I'm pretty sure I saw a few Sasquatch in there :dyinglaughing:
THINK for yourself - Dont be lead-
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Sasquatch tracks sighted in Bella Coola

This mysterious footprint was photographed in Bella Coola in late February.
This mysterious footprint was photographed in Bella Coola in late February.

By Janice Kyle - Coast Mountain News
Published: March 18, 2013 1:00 PM
Updated: March 18, 2013 1:29 PM

On the morning of Tuesday, February 19, Obie Mack looked out his window and spied several huge footprints outlined in mud crossing the street in front of his house. After closer investigation, he quickly called his son, Lorne, to come and take pictures. The print was clearly visible in the mud with tracks crossing the asphalt. With the length of those strides it could only be a sasquatch! Lorne made a mold of the 17 inches print. (only 100 tracks in North America in plaster are archived; all of which resemble a huge human foot but much bigger.) Coincidentally, our Walk/Run group walked by the spot later that day and were able to take pictures. Thrilling and mystifying!

The Bella Coola Valley is no stranger to the sasquatch; in Nuxalk, named “Buks” or “Sniniq”. The McIlwrath books are filled with Nuxalk legends as are most First Nations cultures. The word “sasquatch” was originally an Native word from California.

The famed journalist and recorder of sasquatch stories, John Green, (now 86) visited Bella Coola in the 1950s and gathered the following sightings: 1940s - at Jacobsen Bay by Clayton Mack; 1958 at Burnt Bridge by George Robson and Bert Solhjell; 1962 in the estuary by an unnamed woman and 2 children; 1965 at Green Bay by Jimmy Nelson; 1969 near Anahim Lake by Pan Phillips.

Several Elders have shared their stories with me on Elders’ picnics; sadly some of those Elders have passed away. Clayton Mack is seen in a recently enlarged photo in the Bella Coola Valley Inn restaurant holding his Bigfoot mold. Two stories of sightings around 4-Mile are currently circulating.

Fact or Fiction? I vividly remember the day in 1967, as a young teen, my father’s “Argosy” magazine, for hunting/fishing enthusiasts, lay on the kitchen table. The cover displayed the now famous picture of a “sasquatch” taken by Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin. This picture from a 16mm film of a female has stood the test of decades of forensic study and has not been discounted. I was to remain intrigued by these stories all my life.

I was later to meet Dr. John Bindernagle, a respected wildlife biologist and one of the foremost authorities on this topic. He pioneered scientific study of Bigfoot. He had joined one of my 4-day kayak trips to learn to paddle. Why? So he could paddle into almost inaccessible places by kayak to set trip cameras on wildlife trails to capture a sasquatch on film. This unassuming man told great stories around the campfire!

His aim has always been to establish scientifically reliable knowledge, not through tabloid journalism but careful analysis and professional review. He has recorded sightings, tracks, stories and existing evidence and data. This is included in his book, “North America’s Great Ape: The Sasquatch”. Bella Coola is mentioned in several places. A hunter east of Bella Coola watched a sasquatch eating berries using its hands. Bears don’t do that!

“The Discovery of Sasquatch”, his 2010 version, challenges the perception that seems to persist; the sasquatch is “widely dismissed as a misidentified bear or a human hoaxer” - even after over 3000 documented North American sightings.

John is not alone. There are conferences of other like-minded biologists who travel the world to record the data on the sasquatch. In North America stories abound from California northward on the West Coast to Colorado and as early in European history as the 1750’s by explorers in western Saskatchewan.

And here is the best news of all! Andrew Robson, descendent of the original settlers of the Valley, is an author and researcher on the topic. He has written “Sasquatch Revelations of Bella Coola”, a compilation of 35 local stories (many from signed affidavits) and Nuxalk stories. It will be available at Kopas Store in April. Amazing!

The stuff of legends or the most misunderstood almost extinct large mammal in North America?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

ferri wrote:i'm probably opening myself up to ridicule here, but hey, won't be the first time...i've always thought they existed. just because i haven't seen one doesn't mean it isn't there. i've never seen a cougar in the wild either, but i know they exist.

I saw one last fall just off King Eddie Road west of Beaver Lake
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

i saw him in parliament
big mouth.jpg

oh bigfoot .sorry, never mind,,,,,rrd
Peace be with you.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Bigfoot is one of those areas I'm on the fence on. I do see the possibilities, especially with an intelligent species with a small population in a vast area of space. My Grandfather swears he saw one cross the road in front of his parked truck up in Stewart. I won't hold my breath but it wouldn't surprise me if they do exist.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I won't hold my breath but it wouldn't surprise me if they do exist.

i think they once did but are now legend like Ogopogo
Peace be with you.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”