Quad stolen in Peachland Sunday night

Shawner
Fledgling

Quad stolen in Peachland Sunday night

Post by Shawner »

A friend of mine had his quad stolen from Wilson Rd in Peachland on Sunday night, hoping everyone that reads this could keep their eyes open and either contact me or the RCMP if you think you spotted it.

New Blue Polaris 850
- 2 up (backseat) with black storage box on back end
- steel cable on winch instead of stock poly rope
- winch hook attached to front with bungee cord with brass hooks

No pics unfortunately.

Thanks!
rotti
Board Meister

Re: Quad stolen in Peachland Sunday night

Post by rotti »

Yellow Suzuki stolen Monday night few streets up from Wilson on Elliott. 3 guys pushed the quad up the street, got it running and drove it to Princeton and loaded it up on a pickup and headed up the hill. Lost the tracks in the snow after that.
You 3 guys are the scum of the earth. It belonged to a navy veteran suffering from cancer and for him to get it stolen on Nov 11th is a slap in his face. I hope you think about this mans service to you every time you ride it.

Yellow Suzuki with Heavy steal tube bumpers on the front and back. If anyone you know now has a new bright yellow quad let me or the police know.
jpphilpott

Post by jpphilpott »

A friend of a friend had two quads in upper Glenrosa a couple of weeks ago stolen. A black pickup was seen on his property just days before, checking out the quads and other goodies. Said there have been quite a few thefts in the area lately. Everyone keep your vehicles locked & alarmed. Hope they catch these jerks.
keeny
Fledgling

Post by keeny »

While expensive, there is insurance available for such an occurrence.
southernfrau
Board Meister

Post by southernfrau »

Another quad stolen last night from our neighbours. Got into a locked garage. From my count of what I've heard that's about 9 in Peachland since Nov 11.
showtime76

Post by showtime76 »

Would be interesting to keep a good idea of thefts on here. My brother had someone come on his property 2 months ago around upper Elliot road at 10:30pm! and they started his quad lucky he had it on blocks to replace a cv shaft. Ran out and called me as I live close we hunted around and no luck only saw a 3/4 white van... Also called Cops who said basically SOL even if they had got away with it , they have more pressing issues I guess.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

southernfrau wrote:Another quad stolen last night from our neighbours. Got into a locked garage. From my count of what I've heard that's about 9 in Peachland since Nov 11.

Was it a Yamaha Rhino side by side?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
southernfrau
Board Meister

Post by southernfrau »

No not a Rhino, but it was a Yamaha.
Oltmanns4

Post by Oltmanns4 »

Just wondering if anyone's quads were recovered. We had our Yamaha Rhino stolen out of our shed in upper Glenrosa on Sunday night and are pretty upset over it. I hope some of the quads missing late last year were found.
Shawner
Fledgling

Post by Shawner »

The one I initially posted about was never found....
southernfrau
Board Meister

Post by southernfrau »

None of the quads were found that I posted about. Two of them stolen belonged to people I know and they haven't gotten them back. All they got was a big heartache.
Oltmanns4

Post by Oltmanns4 »

I'm sorry to hear that. I was kind of hoping for some good news, I have heard there was another rash of stolen quads in Peachland and Westbank (Glenrosa) in the last few weeks. It would be really nice to figure out if these are the same people or just some drunk jerks. Whoever took ours knew the trails out in the backwoods behind Glenrosa and were able to get it away from our house in the middle of the night. It really sucks to lose a quad as the majority of people don't have insurance on them so its a full loss. If anyone hears anything, can you please share it with us? We would really like to try to figure out who took the rhino or (hopefully) get it back. Thanks for the information.

Return to “Central Okanagan”