Quick Change Oil Services

Are you currently using a quick lube - drop in shop?

Poll ended at Mar 13th, 2013, 1:04 pm

Yes I am using one
39%
Yes I have used them and stopped
27%
No and would not
31%
I will not use one as there are too many stories of work being charged and not done.
2%

Total votes: 51

Phoenix Within
Guru

Re: Quick Change Oil Services

Post by Phoenix Within »

politico35 wrote:The time I've tried to save getting the oil change at one of these places as opposed to going to the dealer has been outweighed by the headache enduring the sales pitch.

Yea, because dealerships NEVER try to up-sell! :coffeecanuck:
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Phoenix Within wrote:Yea, because dealerships NEVER try to up-sell! :coffeecanuck:

Nah, they just perform the work without telling you, on parts that don't need to be changed, and then charged you for it. Even if you tell them to phone you if they find anything else that needs to be done.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Twilliams9

Post by Twilliams9 »

*spam removed/READ THE RULES before posting again.*
WTTG

Post by WTTG »

If I had a place where I could do my own work without the potential for someone bitching about it because it's in the 'rules' not to do any work, I would do it.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

I have used a quick lube service only once, when I could not remove the drain plug while laying in the snow, no traction.
I used the dealer once, new vehicle, first service and they supposedly checked all the belts, boots and fluids, charged me $200 for that. I have otherwise done all my oil changes, on time and using the the best oil I can buy. The best investment is in the materials not the labour. I am spoiled, I built a grease pit in my garage so I can really see what is going on under the vehicle. This is almost as good as a hoist and very unobtrusive.
I can't think of a less rewarding job than doing oil changes all day. Worse, having to listen to lame clients who don't know the difference between a drain plug and a dip stick and then complain when you find a problem that they were not aware of and they think it is your fault.
Waste not

Return to “Central Okanagan”