A taste of Mexico in Peachland

matai
Banned

A taste of Mexico in Peachland

Post by matai »

There's a new Mexican place opening in Peachland in a week.. will you be going? I can't wait to try it!
logman
Übergod

Re: A taste of Mexico in Peachland

Post by logman »

I hope it is better than the food in Mexico.
mandmgirl

Post by mandmgirl »

Does anyone know when it will be open? Originally, it was to open Aug 1st. I have eaten at the Latin Fiesta in Rutland and it was fantastic. I really miss eating authentic Mexican fare when we go to Mexico. No GMO, fresh fish, fresh veggies and fruit!
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

I was told it's the same owners than in Rutland... and that it will open around Aug 15th. But I could be wrong...
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

There is an AMAZING mexican restaraunt in Omak....I Forget whats its called but Iv been there twice now pretty much everytime we go to Omak....next to JC Penny....So Far the best Ive had.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
mandmgirl

Post by mandmgirl »

Sym, I believe it is Rancho Chico. There is another one in Tonasket. We used to go to Tequila"s in the old downtown Omak before Rancho Chico opened. I believe that they are all so good because they have Mexican cooks and servers. I would drive down just to get my fill! I am hoping now I just need to walk down the street to get my fix!
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Symbonite wrote:There is an AMAZING mexican restaraunt in Omak....I Forget whats its called but Iv been there twice now pretty much everytime we go to Omak....next to JC Penny....So Far the best Ive had.

We used to go to a great mexican place there too. I think it used to be a gas station by the shape of the building.
Fernanados or something. There was no JC Penny at that time.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Rancho Chico in Omak is down below on Main Street, and is a regular stop for us whenever we're in the neighbourhood. There are actually four of them: Omak, Tonasket, Spokane and Colville, with unconfirmed rumours of one in the works for Oroville. They are all good, but the Omak one is great.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Finally...Remembered what it was called...El Portal...Awesome Restaurant. You go inside is its like your in the main square of a old village. Mexican Music going...

You sit down...BAM Huge place to nachos with salsa..

and then huge plates of food.

they also give you a nice little nacho dessert with icecream? and cherry on top free....

So good.

Iv been to the Mexican place here in Westbank next to the lions...I like the atmosphere there alot Food was good too..BUT...so far nothing comparing to Omak...ill try these guys out when they hit Peachland.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
mandmgirl

Post by mandmgirl »

Sym, I had no clue there was a Mexican restaurant called El Portol in Omak! I will have to try it. Yelp has a nice comment on it dated June 16th of this year.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

We love the Rancho Chico in Omak. Nothing in the Okanagan compares to it. But you don't have to go that far; there is also one in Tonasket; just this end of town on East side of the highway. GREAT food, Service and Prices. Also tried Trinos in Oroville; not quite as good but no complaints and its the closest one to the border. OLE !
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I just heard from a reliable source that the owners of the Rancho Chico chain bought the old Peerless Lounge in Oroville earlier this year.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

fluffy wrote:I just heard from a reliable source that the owners of the Rancho Chico chain bought the old Peerless Lounge in Oroville earlier this year.

We were told by an employee of Rancho Chico in Tonasket LAST year that they were opening an outlet in Oroville in Sept 2012; that came and went. Perhaps they were just trying to find the best location. If that's true about the Peerless Lounge, Fluffy; that's super news!
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I thought Peachland was in Canada.
Black Dogs Matter
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Yes, you are correct. Sorry for the derailment.

Return to “Central Okanagan”