oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Single men swap bed sheets 4 times a year

Post by oneh2obabe »

Mattress company survey finds shocking results for some singles

CBC News
Posted: Aug 25, 2013 1:28 PM ET
Last Updated: Aug 26, 2013 12:01 AM ET

Watch out ladies, the man of your dreams may have the bed of your nightmares.

The average single man washes his sheets just four times per year, according to a survey by U.K. mattress company Ergoflex.

The survey asked Britons about their bed sheet hygiene and found a few stomach-churning results.

Among single men aged 18 to 25, 55 per cent changed their sheets every 3.1 months. Of that grubby group, 49 per cent figured that was an acceptable frequency, and another 19 per cent didn't care.

Not surprisingly, 17 per cent of those men also admitted that their soiled sheets had "put off" potential romantic partners.

"Romantic ambitions aside, we were more alarmed by the potential health risks that unhygienic bed sheets could cause, considering in particular two unwelcome night-time companions — dust mites and bed bugs," Ergoflex's Steven Willis wrote in a blog post.

The cleanest demographic were women aged 35 to 50; where 60 per cent changed their linens weekly.

Couples were generally clean as well, changing the sheets every 2.3 weeks, although the men could work a little harder; among the couples surveyed — 81 per cent of women said they carry the sheet-changing responsibilities.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013 ... urvey.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Single men swap bed sheets 4 times a year

Post by normaM »

To add to the ick factor I read an article about the percentage of men who would wear the same pair over underwear for more than 2 days - it was so high I mentally blocked it. :/

A single Man I knew, when we went to help him move, his body imprint was clearly visible on his bedding - guessing he was a 2 times a year kinda Dude.

Oh well, some people dislike change :p
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

It's not a leap year is it ? Phew, for a second there I thought I was going to have to clean the bathroom.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

normaM wrote:To add to the ick factor I read an article about the percentage of men who would wear the same pair over underwear for more than 2 days - it was so high I mentally blocked it. :/

You can safely do it 4 days in a row - you wear it first day, second day you wear it backwards, third day you wear it inside out, and the fourth day you wear it inside out backwards.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
SergioMakrakis

Post by SergioMakrakis »

Two small people can fit in a full size bed but it is more comfortable for one older teen, college student or adult.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

This doesn't surprise me at all. I read long ago that one of the leading causes of acne is dirty pillowcases and sheets. Makes sense, think about all the oils on your face and back going into your sheets everynight.

I wash mine weekly, cuz I know what happens in there and to wash them any less would be.....well.....disgusting :biggrin:
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

TMI? Loki, what happens .... er nevermind.

fluffy wrote:It's not a leap year is it ? Phew, for a second there I thought I was going to have to clean the bathroom.

It's only 2017 now, I hope you didn't rush anything Fluffy.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

normaM wrote:To add to the ick factor I read an article about the percentage of men who would wear the same pair over underwear for more than 2 days - it was so high I mentally blocked it. :/

A single Man I knew, when we went to help him move, his body imprint was clearly visible on his bedding - guessing he was a 2 times a year kinda Dude.

Oh well, some people dislike change :p

Actually, while the average woman has 7 pairs of undies, the average man has 12 pairs of undies. Women, 7 pairs - one for each day of the week and men, 12 pairs - one for each month of the year ...

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Health”