Confession is Good for the Soul

Just what it says. Games. On a forum.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Confession is Good for the Soul

Post by Thinktank »

James 5:16

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I confess that I don't like confessing my faults to anyone, and I totally don't agree with that one
church that says people should confess things to a priest. Praying for each other though - is cool.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

Thinktank wrote:James 5:16

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I confess that I don't like confessing my faults to anyone, and I totally don't agree with that one
church that says people should confess things to a priest. Praying for each other though - is cool.

When you confess your sins to a priest, it's a relief, and you feel lighter. Priests aren't power tripping. I don't know why people would ever think that. Priests are there to help. It's not like they sit there listening to you confess and think to themselves how much better they are than you. Bottling up your sins is harmful, which even modern psychology has shown.

Even the leader of the Protestant Reformation, Martin Luther, believed in the sacrament of confession.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

concernie wrote:When you confess your sins to a priest, it's a relief, and you feel lighter. ..... Priests are there to help.

I would only confess my sins to a priest if he agreed to confess his sins to me.
But even then - I wouldn't trust him to be 100% honest, so I wouldn't be 100% honest when
I confess my sins.

Jesus said ..... go, and sin no more.

I found that pastors usually don't know as much about God as I do myself.
I found most of what goes on in a church is phony.
I would not feel lighter telling some strange man my sins.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

I confess I didn't think this thread was about religion and am sorely disappointed it appears to be veering in that direction.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I confess I ate two - TWO! - jelly doughnuts today. Je ne regrette pas.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

I confess I don't like jelly donuts but I am enjoying a small glass of pear wine.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I confess I join Piece in her sorely disappointment that it appears this fun thread to be veering in a religious direction.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I confess that I have forgiven all people on earth for bad things they did over the years- except one group
of people that did 'really' bad ( costly) things.

OK - castanet - if it's good for the soul to confess things, how did it help me to say I can't stand
a few people who were greedy jerks?

coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

I confess that I went to Memphis Blues BBQ House in Vancouver last night for dinner with friends (vegetarians do not read past this point, lol) and ate a little of everything from their Memphis Feast platter -- pulled pork, beef brisket, smoked chicken, rib ends, beef ribs, smoked sausage, corn bread, BBQ pit beans, coleslaw and potato salad, followed by pecan pie which we all had to have to go.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

do you feel better confessing that?

or do you just want to go back and eat more?

Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Thinktank wrote:do you feel better confessing that?

or do you just want to go back and eat more?

When people confess, I thought you were just supposed to absolve them, not start a counselling session?!

I confess find confession confusing. Whose soul is confession good for? I confess that I think that some things are better left unconfessed.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I confess find confession confusing. Whose soul is confession good for? I confess that I think that some things are better left unconfessed.

I confess that I agree with this confession!
Chill
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I confess I have put certain posters on the foe list and have a much more agreeable forum experience as a result; now that I am no longer exposed to hostile paranoid drivel. :)
I haven't failed until I quit.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

where do i find one of these 'foe' lists so i can put posters on it too?

zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

coffeeFreak wrote:I confess that I went to Memphis Blues BBQ House in Vancouver last night for dinner with friends (vegetarians do not read past this point, lol) and ate a little of everything from their Memphis Feast platter -- pulled pork, beef brisket, smoked chicken, rib ends, beef ribs, smoked sausage, corn bread, BBQ pit beans, coleslaw and potato salad, followed by pecan pie which we all had to have to go.

I confess that I would truly enjoy this and that I would still have room for the pecan pie.

Return to “Forum Games”