Anti-freeze in Glenmore dog park

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Lore
Übergod

Anti-freeze in Glenmore dog park

Post by Lore »

Just read elsewhere that someone had found (and picked it up) a bunch of bread soaked in anti-freeze at the Glenmore dog park yesterday. Honestly, whats with these sick people.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Anti-freeze in Glenmore dog park

Post by GordonH »

Lore wrote:Just read elsewhere that someone had found (and picked it up) a bunch of bread soaked in anti-freeze at the Glenmore dog park yesterday. Honestly, whats with these sick people.

If true, those who do this kind of cowardly act in my opinion are scum.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

GordonH wrote:If true, those who do this kind of cowardly act in my opinion are scum.

You are putting it kindly. One reason I don't take my dog to a dog park and I even check my front yard before I let my dog out - too many creeps out there.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:If true, those who do this kind of cowardly act in my opinion are scum.

Fancy wrote:You are putting it kindly. One reason I don't take my dog to a dog park and I even check my front yard before I let my dog out - too many creeps out there.

Very true Fancy.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Amarow121
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Amarow121 »

Just saw a post on my facebook indicating that there's been some poisoned donuts found at the rutland park.

I don't get it. If you don't like dogs... don't go to the dog park?
djscotty

Post by djscotty »

Where is this elsewhere that you read this?
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

It has been posted on Facebook, has apparently been reported to the police and at least one dog is not doing well at a vet.
djscotty

Post by djscotty »

I wish I could believe everything on Facebook but unfortunately there are equally as disturbing people out there who enjoy fabricating stories like this to create hysteria.
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

This was originally posted on FB by: Okanagan Master Barters and The Ruff Life Professional Dog Training so far as what I am getting on FB
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Castanet is doing a story on this.
Its just not up yet.

Here is how to recognize anti freeze poisoning and what you should do.
(from the bcspca website)

Animals that have ingested antifreeze go through two stages of symptoms. If untreated, death from kidney failure will occur within days.

What to do if you think your pet has consumed antifreeze

Act quickly. If you suspect your pet has consumed antifreeze you must take your pet to a veterinarian immediately.

Stage 1

In the first hour after drinking antifreeze, animals will stagger, act uncoordinated or disorientated, possibly bumping into things. They may also try to vomit. The quicker you get to the vet the better chance your pet can be successfully treated.

Stage 2

After stage 1 it may appear your pet has recovered. However, in this stage the antifreeze is being processed by the liver, creating substances that cause permanent kidney damage as well as signs of central nervous system damage. The more antifreeze the pet has ingested the more damage. Eventually the animal will lapse into a coma. Death usually occurs within 48 hours.

Veterinary care

Immediate treatment is critical. If you suspect your pet has been poisoned, take your pet to a veterinarian. Your pet will NOT recover without treatment.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Very sad story... I always question what would the sick persons motive be?

The only one I can thnk of would be get back on a dog owner who lets their dogs bully the park. Other then that, not sure but very sad.

“What would have happened if I hadn’t been watching him? He would have come home and got very sick and possibly died, thank goodness I got him to the vet right away," says S.

Quote clipped out of article..

We quit going to parks due to dog packing and no supervision by owners.
Amarow121
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Amarow121 »

We went to the Ellison park today. Had a great time. Didn't see any unattended food so perhaps Ellison is too out of the way for this guy or gal to drive....

I'll continue to frequent the parks. I will just keep my eyes open for unattended food.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Question brought up to me - if (?) there was something found, was a sample taken anywhere and verified? Reviewing the news, a lot doesn't add up.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Fancy wrote:Question brought up to me - if (?) there was something found, was a sample taken anywhere and verified? Reviewing the news, a lot doesn't add up.

I agree. something is off and not quite right. Still watch your pet(s) carefully!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

Return to “The Pet Lounge”