Vintage/Non-Vintage Scooter Riders

Graham Adder
Guru

Re: Vintage/Non-Vintage Scooter Riders

Post by Graham Adder »

Graham Adder wrote:I've got a '29 CCM/ Massey Harris Silver Ribbon

I'd sell the bike

This is a fantastic example of a vintage ccm/massey harris bike that I'm sure will now see years of enjoyment whether in use or on display.
I'm glad it went to a good home with visitation rights included.

Bye awesome bike.
I'll come visit!
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

kel7148 wrote:Not to get off topic, but how safe do scooter riders feel riding in Kelowna? I would love the cheap fuel costs and insurance of a scooter for getting around the city, but wonder with all those monster 4x4's rolling around town, will I even be seen on a scooter.

Treat it like riding a motorbike - because in actually is one. The road doesn't get any softer nor do you have to become less vigilant because your ride is only 50cc (or 80/125/150/400/600 or whatever the case may be). Wear proper safety gear (road rash sucks, and your head ain't made of steel), make yourself visible (high-viz vests do serve a purpose), and practice safe riding techniques. The safety council does have a safety course for scooter riders. It might be worthwhile for you to investigate. I'm assuming (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that you haven't had any explanation of counter-steering, braking, lane-positioning, etc. Those principles don't change just because the wheels are slightly smaller.

When I did have a scooter, I had no qualms about ripping up and down the highway on it, although I did tend to use side streets when possible just because I couldn't get my *bleep* up to speed as fast as traffic might have liked. There weren't any in-town areas that I felt uncomfortable riding around.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

TreeGuy wrote:That is a pretty sweet looking bike! Here is a picture of my ride:

topper.jpg

It has been in my family for 35 years. Not too many people are aware that Harley Davidson produced this little bike between 1960 & 1965. It has a 165cc motor with a CV transmission. I just had the motor rebuilt and can't wait to hit the streets this summer!

You have to find one of those leather jackets, the ones with the two inch padded shoulders to make you look wider. Don't need any of those patch wearers pushing you around.

Nice bike though...

http://bringatrailer.com/2010/11/28/ame ... on-topper/

Check this one out...for sale also!
msnursetanya

Post by msnursetanya »

I have a vintage Vespa, 1967 125 small frame and I would like to meet others to go on rides with and perhaps start a club too. I used to live in Victoria and was active in the club there. Any takers on this really old thread???
Dented

Post by Dented »

I got a razor scooter first model vintage enough to join the scooter club?
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

The Twist and Crawl is alive and well. I bought a classic 1986 Honda Helix last year. The original maxi scooter. Factory Kenwood stereo, trunk, assorted awesomeness. Maybe I'll see out there if you're still riding.

If anyone is interested, the old Twist and Crawl Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/26032821056/

Post a message if anyone wants to get together. Would be fun to do a group ride again - even meet for coffee. We were very active for a while but things kind of fell apart.
Kocsog01

Post by Kocsog01 »

I have an old Vespa scooter, I"d like to race with it.
http://a2motorcycle.com :130:
Sperica7
Fledgling

Post by Sperica7 »

I'd love to join! Mine isn't vintage, it's not brand new either. It's from the mid 2000's but is 50cc, runs great and I love riding my scooter around!
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I ended up tearing my bike down to the frame and had everything powder coated and the body painted. It’s been sitting in pieces for a few years. Just yesterday I got out to my garage and started piecing it back together. I want to have it back together for this spring.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 7th, 2018, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 7th, 2018, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Fledgling

Post by 7600736 »

TreeGuy wrote:Cute video! However, I said I own a vintage scooter, I myself am not vintage! LOL

If you filmed the Kelowna version of this movie they would all be on four wheeled electric scooters.

...and riding on the sidewalk against traffic.

Return to “Central Okanagan”