Penticton Yamaha and Marine

caveman

Penticton Yamaha and Marine

Post by caveman »

The city says they have made an agrement with Trio Marine group. The city claims,, that Trio will assume operations as of Jan. 1, 2015 with a one-year lease to maintain and operate what exists there today. Why not do the same thing with Mark and Matt they are all ready in place. If they are not going to change it from what exists there today. I do not get it.
KARMA......SPARES NO ONE!!
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Penticton Yamaha and Marine

Post by Anonymous123 »

caveman wrote:The city says they have made an agrement with Trio Marine group. The city claims,, that Trio will assume operations as of Jan. 1, 2015 with a one-year lease to maintain and operate what exists there today. Why not do the same thing with Mark and Matt they are all ready in place. If they are not going to change it from what exists there today. I do not get it.

Has anyone contacted Mark and Matt? They may want out.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

I was under the impression that they were thinking of building a hotel and restaurant there and getting rid of Yamaha.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Anonymous123 wrote:

No they do not want out. It is a business they have built up over the last 16 years and their livelihoods.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Anonymous123 wrote:

twobits wrote:
No they do not want out. It is a business they have built up over the last 16 years and their livelihoods.

Then it would appear that Trio Marine Group has connections that Matt and Mark don't have.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Madhue »

Anonymous123 wrote:Then it would appear that Trio Marine Group has connections that Matt and Mark don't have.

Or vision. Maybe its time for them to move to another location and begin developing that part of the City.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

caveman wrote:The city says they have made an agrement with Trio Marine group. The city claims,, that Trio will assume operations as of Jan. 1, 2015 with a one-year lease to maintain and operate what exists there today. Why not do the same thing with Mark and Matt they are all ready in place. If they are not going to change it from what exists there today. I do not get it.

Trio Marine is in discussions with the City to develop the site.
answers about the future development of the area will have to wait until negotiations with Trio are complete, according to Mayor Garry Litke.

The City has likely determined that the current operators of the marina are not the best fit to develop the are to its full potential. It is incumbent on the City to act in the best interests of the taxpayers and residents as a whole as opposed to continually supporting the same people's business because they are nice.
Like may others, I know and like the Attrills. They are great people but maybe not visionaries with deep pockets. I am sure they can have a terrific but slightly different business in the industrial area. Here is an example of a non waterfront boat business http://www.towandstow.ca/
Maybe the successful proponent of the new development will invite the Attrills to bid on operating the marina portion of the new development.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

dreamon wrote:
The City has likely determined that the current operators of the marina are not the best fit to develop the are to its full potential. It is incumbent on the City to act in the best interests of the taxpayers and residents as a whole as opposed to continually supporting the same people's business because they are nice.
Like may others, I know and like the Attrills. They are great people but maybe not visionaries with deep pockets. I am sure they can have a terrific but slightly different business in the industrial area. Here is an example of a non waterfront boat business http://www.towandstow.ca/
Maybe the successful proponent of the new development will invite the Attrills to bid on operating the marina portion of the new development.

Can't argue with that. It is a valuable chunk of real estate that is under utilized and the city must look out for what is best for the community. The one exception I have to your comment is the city perhaps determined that the Atrill's are not the best fit to develop the site to it's full potential. I would say in this case that "not the best fit" means the two hardworking middle class guys do not have the means or collateral to raise the several millions it will require to meet the city's vision.
Would it have been impossible and perhaps even reasonable for the city to recognize that the Atrill's have paid rent to the city for years, made improvements to the Marina with their own capital, provided a valuable service to both tourists and city residents and put out a RFP that stipulated that any plans submitted would be looked upon favourably if the current operators could become sub lessee's and maintain their current business and attached goodwill?
And why could they not continue to operate it as is for the next year as is while the city and the new guys hash out a plan? There is afterall no approved plan yet so why boot them now for someone else to just operate the Marina when they are already, and successfully, doing just that. What if the new guys turn out to be as credible in their plans as our hockey dorm friend? What the city has in essence done is up heave a longstanding business operated by local citizens with nothing more than a one year lease to new out of town operators that could just walk away in a years time if they can't make a sweet deal with the city.
And all behind closed doors too.......this grand plan for our Marina and Skaha waterfront. Perhaps we need to send Elvena after them.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Does anyone know what is happening, if anything with the new tenants of the Skaha Marina? I went by there recently and it was completely empty; and no sign of anything happening. Where did the Yamaha dealer relocate to?
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

I have dealt with this company for many years and had nothing but GREAT service. I hope that they find a new home soon.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

NO NEGATIVE BUSINESS REVIEWS.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Madhue wrote:Or vision. Maybe its time for them to move to another location and begin developing that part of the City.

There is not much room to develop, the lot is quite small and they cant really cut into the boat launch and parking lot, there is nowhere else to put that.
southernfrau
Board Meister

Post by southernfrau »

Where did they go to? I bought my bike from them. Matt was a terrific person and went out of his way for me. City of Penticton really needs to get their butt kicked for these so called dealings. It may have been a prime piece of real estate but it was a lovely area and nice access to the lake. Hope nothing changes, but it will, some yucky resort again blocking access to the lake like a monster.

Any chance Matt & Mark could get a chunk of land in OK Falls or on the beach at Kaleden area and reopen there. Slap in the face to Penticton.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

NO NEGATIVE BUSINESS REVIEWS.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jan 24th, 2015, 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: No negative business reviews.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Penticton Yamaha and Marine was a longstanding and successful business. They did not go broke. They just lost their leased premises and have hundreds if not thousands of past customers waiting to hear where and when they might reopen. One has to question the mental capacity or motive of anyone who after just one negative experience with a business would feel the need to trash that business on a public forum. Only cowards kick people when they are down.

Return to “South Okanagan”