Welcome to Canada's martial law

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Welcome to Canada's martial law

Post by Donald G »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Nov 15th, 2014, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

posting this here because the other articles about this case are in this thread as well.

such a very strange story, so many questions.

But I think there are many who believe as I do, that the situation on Sept. 17th should not have happened. A man did not deserve to die, his daughter did not deserve to be shot, two animals did not deserve to be abandoned, and four other dogs do not deserve to be put down as they may be.
I wonder if more would agree with me if they knew more of the details of the situation. But details are hard to come by right now, as the Independent Investigations Office hasn’t released anything yet, and local people don’t want to talk on the record.

http://www.therockymountaingoat.com/201 ... community/
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To ABC ...

Why use the term "DESERVE to die"? How does that have anything whatever to do with what took place?

CIRCUMSTANCES dictated the outcome. That has nothing whatever to do with anyone DESERVING anything.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:But I think there are many who believe as I do, that the situation on Sept. 17th should not have happened. A man did not deserve to die, his daughter did not deserve to be shot, two animals did not deserve to be abandoned, and four other dogs do not deserve to be put down as they may be.
I wonder if more would agree with me if they knew more of the details of the situation. But details are hard to come by right now, as the Independent Investigations Office hasn’t released anything yet, and local people don’t want to talk on the record.

This account paints a very clear picture.

How very sad that any of this ever took place.

The RCMP who took this mans life and who traumatized this young women for the rest of her life along with these animals, is pure evil incarnate.

A true tragedy.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Donald G wrote:To ABC ...

Why use the term "DESERVE to die"? How does that have anything whatever to do with what took place?

CIRCUMSTANCES dictated the outcome. That has nothing whatever to do with anyone DESERVING anything.

Why not stop now Donald, you don't even read the articles posted - it is clear that you are only interested in hacking down A_Britishcolumbian.

It gets old.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

BelieveNothing wrote:This account paints a very clear picture.

How very sad that any of this ever took place.

The RCMP who took this mans life and who traumatized this young women for the rest of her life along with these animals, is pure evil incarnate.

A true tragedy.
Yes, it was a tragedy. The squatters did not need to fire at police and threaten people with their dogs.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

"Scared"

I could make you scared, if you want me to
I'm not prepared, but if I have to
He said, I can make you scared, it's kind of what I do
If you're prepared, here's what I propose to do

You're in Russia and a more than a million works of art
Are whisked out to the woods
When the Nazis find the whole place dark
They'll think god's left the museum for good

I can make you scared, if that's what I do
If you're prepared, and if I have to
If I make you scared, and you pay me to
That's the deal, now here's what I can do for you

Now there's a focus group that can prove
This is all nothing but cold calculation

Tests have shown that suspicious are hostile
Their lives need not be shortened
Truth be told, they can live a long, long while
Tickled to death by their importance

If you can make me scared, if that's what you do
If I'm unclear, can I get out of this thing with me and you
If you feel scared, and a bit confused
I got to say, this sounds a little beyond anything I'm used to

Now there's a precious few that can prove at the root
This is all nothing but cold calculation

Clearly entranced, you're leaning back now
Defanged destroyer limps into the bay
Down at the beach it's attracting quite a crowd
As kids wade through blood out to it to play

Okay, you made me scared, you did what you set out to do
I'm not prepared, you really had me going there for a minute or two
He said, you made me scared too, I wasn't sure I was getting through
I got to go, it's been a pleasure doing business with you
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It's also unfortunate that the squatters scared someone bad enough a complaint was made to police.

John Buehler had his bail conditions altered so that he could spend time with his dogs on the conditions that he is on private property, and that they’re restrained at all times.
On June 19, he allegedly set up camp at a local recreation area, and restricted access to the trails by having six unrestrained German Shepherd dogs on the property, resulting in a four hour standoff with Valemount RCMP.
In addition, he had his bail conditions updated so that he can be in possession of sharp instruments such as axes and chainsaws, but only when in private, or for camping purposes.
Brecknell took into consideration Buehler’s history with dogs, noting that he’s raised and bred dogs for a number of years. The judge also took into effect Buehler’s intent for camping, noting that weapons could mean anything.
Buehler is facing a number of charges including uttering death threats and possession of illegal weapons. His trial date is set for Sept. 4 at Valemount Provincial Court.

http://www.thevalleysentinel.com/valemo ... r-july-10/
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

It seems that the squatters had both Martial Law and Marital Law confused until the RCMP attended and restored our Canadian understanding of both issues. Thanks again to the guys and girls in uniform who are required to deal with idiots on behalf of society.
tantor
Board Meister

Post by tantor »

To Steven Llyod:

Wow really!? No you sir are a chicken that want's the nanny state to protect him. This guy in Slocan was know by everyone in the community and they did not fear him. Everyday we live our lives with these people among us until for some reason they are revealed.So by your logic they should just have permanent martial law to keep us safe. Life is a risk, there are no guarantees. If you wish to be confined to be kept safe you are the one that's brain dead. There is a pretty big difference between putting your self in the middle of a shoot out and living life in a town where a guy who may or may not have shot at our over amped militarized police. I bet that Slocan shooter never killed anyone that threatened him with a stapler. When the *bleep* hits the fan and it will, people like you will be fertilizer. The rest of us will move out from the illusion of protection and safety and live.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

tantor wrote:To Steven Llyod:

Wow really!? No you sir are a chicken that want's the nanny state to protect him. This guy in Slocan was know by everyone in the community and they did not fear him. Everyday we live our lives with these people among us until for some reason they are revealed.So by your logic they should just have permanent martial law to keep us safe. Life is a risk, there are no guarantees. If you wish to be confined to be kept safe you are the one that's brain dead. There is a pretty big difference between putting your self in the middle of a shoot out and living life in a town where a guy who may or may not have shot at our over amped militarized police. I bet that Slocan shooter never killed anyone that threatened him with a stapler. When the *bleep* hits the fan and it will, people like you will be fertilizer. The rest of us will move out from the illusion of protection and safety and live.

There is
No doubt that Steven Lloyd is brain dead, and I think he is fertilizer already
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

To what post are you referring to?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Everyday we live our lives with these people among us until for some reason they are revealed.
So by your logic they should just have permanent martial law to keep us safe.

HUH ???
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Toronto police force embroiled in public battle as board chairman accuses union boss of ‘smear campaign’

Toronto police board chair Alok Mukherjee accused the police union on Monday of launching a “smear campaign” to derail reforms he’s trying to bring to the city’s police force.

The union is calling for Mr. Mukherjee’s resignation over his decision to share a Facebook post from Occupy Wall Street last week, which read: “Americans killed by ISIS:3, Americans killed by Ebola: 2, Americans killed by the police: 500+ every year.” The chairman appears to have added the comment “I can’t breathe” — echoing the words of Eric Garner, who died after a New York police officer put him in a chokehold.

“We didn’t post a poster from Occupy that suggested police officers are enemy … he did,” Toronto Police Association president Mike McCormack said Monday. “If he’s looking at somebody who’s smearing, Mukherjee needs to look in the mirror.”

Toronto Mayor John Tory said the public battle is “evidence of the dysfunction” he had recently decried and declined to jump further into the fray.

On Friday, Mayor Tory told reporters he thought the chair had made an “error in judgement” and that his response was inadequate.

“What we see going on is evidence of the dysfunction I referred to in that relationship and I’m not going to add to that today by getting into particular additional comments,” Mayor Tory said on Monday, following a transit announcement. “I feel quite strongly that all people in public positions like this, especially sensitive public positions, have to be extra careful about what they put on their Facebook page, or put out on Twitter. They just do. It requires great caution because you’re words and actions can be misconstrued.”

The union has filed complaints with the premier, the mayor, the board and the Ontario Civilian Police Commission — and Mr. McCormack said he’s waiting to “see how things play out.”

But Mr. Mukherjee said the union is upset with him and is using the Facebook post as way of bringing about his ouster.

“I’m one individual, an ordinary member of the public and I find myself ranged against a very powerful organization with plenty of resources,” he told the National Post. “It repeats a sad history in this city of… ordinary people like us who have attempted to bring about reforms in policing have been hounded and drummed out.”

I’m one individual, an ordinary member of the public and I find myself ranged against a very powerful organization with plenty of resources
Mr. Mukherjee listed three potential reasons for an alleged campaign to discredit him: upcoming collective bargaining; a push to reform the practice of carding, which often brings allegations of racial profiling; and an emphasis on cost-cutting opportunities within the police force.

But Mr. McCormack dismissed those allegations, saying his union was involved in discussions on carding and had not issues with a external review on cost-cutting.

“What this is about is him making an inappropriate post that basically vilified police officers,” Mr. McCormack said. “In our view, he just lost objectivity. So deal with the issue. Don’t be trying to muddy the waters with these conspiracy theories.”

On Friday, Mr. Mukherjee issued a statement saying he regretted the reaction to the post. He says he meant to “generate a lively discussion” but could have chosen better material to do so.

In our view, he just lost objectivity. So deal with the issue. Don’t be trying to muddy the waters with these conspiracy theories
In an interview with the Toronto Sun posted Monday, Mr. Mukherjee reportedly called the union’s statements a “smear campaign” steeped in “racism.” But he later told the Post: “I would not imply or suggest in any way that the attack on me is racially motivated.”

“What I was trying to draw attention to is that some of the inferences feed into a stereotype that is negative and leaves the impression that I’m being soft on terrorism or condoning it — none of which is true,” he said.

Mayor Tory corrected the record Monday, saying he had in fact spoken to Mr. Mukherjee on Friday, contrary to what the chairman said in his interview with the Sun

Article:http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/12/08/police-board-chair-accuses-union-of-using-facebook-controversy-to-discredit-him-ahead-of-bargaining/
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Believe Nothing ...

(Modified and Removed as per "correcting comment" from BelieveNothing). ... Comments from one poitical position to another are not exactly proof of the situation that exists. The BCCLA president used to routinely accuse the police in BC of wrong doing before any evidence had been presented. He then ignored the fact that the police were subsequently cleared of wrong doing. Over and over and over again. That plus a huge NDP error in judgement got him elected as an MLA.

I heard that the Czar had some pretty unacceptable police officers too. Does that count ?

Time for a bit of reality.
Last edited by Donald G on Dec 8th, 2014, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”