Tango

Comments about the discussion board. Site-related comments should be addressed to the applicable department through the Contact Us form.
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Re: Tango

Post by Troy »

Well, the news homepage is not the forums, so that's a big difference right there for investigating this issue. The Tango link on Castanet's homepage is meant to take you to The Tango's homepage.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Troy wrote:Well, the news homepage is not the forums, so that's a big difference right there for investigating this issue. The Tango link on Castanet's homepage is meant to take you to The Tango's homepage.

Alright then.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

That's probably what's happening. Just figured it would work better if it took you directly to what you clicked on.
Sorry didn't mean to cause you a bunch of work over nothing. It was just a bit of a peeve.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

I don't visit Tango much because of it. By god a person is given just so many clicks a day, and if you use 'em all up on one site, well, then you're screwed when you get to important stuff, like answering a post in the Bickering Room. That's just hard science.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I'll pass this on to The Tango team as a suggestion/complaint.

Thanks!
Troy
Mike6921
Fledgling

Post by Mike6921 »

I agree, and it's annoying. Right now, you see a link to "Time Waster" on the home page. I don't click on the links anymore because of it.

When I click it lands me here http://thetango.net/ when I should land here http://thetango.net/2015/01/06/time-was ... ry-6-2015/
Attachments
the tango.jpg
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Same reason why they break up their galleries into multiple pages - just to get more views.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Troy

Post by Troy »

The galleries are usually only 2 pages at the most -- I believe we had 3 once or twice before, but that's it. The primary reason they are spread out over 2 pages is so the larger galleries load a little quicker.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Mike6921 wrote:I agree, and it's annoying. Right now, you see a link to "Time Waster" on the home page. I don't click on the links anymore because of it.

As I've already mentioned, I'll bring this up with The Tango staff. Originally, it was just going to be a boring link to The Tango site - instead of that, it was decided to show a bit of the latest content as well.

Return to “Feedback and Requests”