My own thread about movies for whatever I want to say

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

My own thread about movies for whatever I want to say

Post by Thinktank »

This thread is about movies.

It will be about anything I want to say about movies. It is not about "Have you seen good movies?"

It will be about the big Hollywood studios and how they control things.
It will be about crappy movies and why Hollywood produces some crap for us to watch.
It will be about foreign movies.
It will b about - everything. Everything about movies will be "on topic" on this thread.

There is only one problem - I don't know anything about movies. I never watch movies.
But that won't be a problem.

Actually, on this thread I will be answering 'WHY' movies are like they are.

stay tuned
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: My own thread about movies for whatever I want to say

Post by Dizzy1 »

Thinktank wrote: I don't know anything about movies. I never watch movies.

Sooooooo, you want to start a thread about movies, specifically trashing "Hollywood" movies because of your own personal agenda, yet you know nothing about movies and you never watch them? And how exactly will you basing your critique?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I actually know a lot about movies. I just stopped watching a lot of movies
several years ago because I was ripped off. A few years ago someone on this forum
said Cloud Atlas was a good movie, and some internet advertising said Cloud Atlas was
an awesome movie so like a good little sucker I went out and watched Cloud Atlas.
It was so repulsive and revolting I stopped watching any movies for years after that.

Now, Netflix is not bad. At least they have a few movies worth watching.

Now I'm going to answer why Hollywood produces so much crap.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Thinktank wrote:I don't know anything about movies.

Thinktank wrote:I actually know a lot about movies.

Make up your mind
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Thinktank wrote:It will be about anything I want to say about movies

If you don't want the thoughts and opinions from others why post on a public forum? May I suggest a journal or diary?
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:I actually know a lot about movies. I just stopped watching a lot of movies
several years ago because I was ripped off. A few years ago someone on this forum
said Cloud Atlas was a good movie, and some internet advertising said Cloud Atlas was
an awesome movie so like a good little sucker I went out and watched Cloud Atlas.
It was so repulsive and revolting I stopped watching any movies for years after that.

Now, Netflix is not bad. At least they have a few movies worth watching.

Cloud Atlas came out in 2012 - we just entered 2015. Should have read the reviews and maybe read the book first.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Fancy wrote:Cloud Atlas came out in 2012 - we just entered 2015. Should have read the reviews and maybe read the book first.

Or, perhaps just scratched it off as a movie you didn't like and moved on to the next one. Strange concept - but it works :)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Cloud Atlas was based on a book, Cloud Atlas, which is said to be written in such a way as to be impossible to film.

It's on Netflix now. I believe I'll give it a chance.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Queen K wrote: I'll give it a chance.

^ that's Lana Wachowski (formerly Laurence "Larry" Wachowski. She produced the film.

Still want to see it?

After seeing Cloud Atlas I saw 'The Call.' a horrible movie about a psychopath who tries to murder a teenage girl.

Now think about it - there are a million different topics someone can make a movie about. Who in their
right mind would pay money to see some sick twisted Hollyweird freak's ideas about murdering a teenage girl?

Why? Who in their right mind would watch this?

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Thinktank wrote:
^ that's Lana Wachowski (formerly Laurence "Larry" Wachowski. She produced the film.

Still want to see it?

What is your point? We shouldn't see it because of her gender transition?
Thinktank wrote:After seeing Cloud Atlas I saw 'The Call.' a horrible movie about a psychopath who tries to murder a teenage girl.

Now think about it - there are a million different topics someone can make a movie about. Who in their
right mind would pay money to see some sick twisted Hollyweird freak's ideas about murdering a teenage girl?

Why? Who in their right mind would watch this?

I watched it... it sucked ... the ending was typical. Cops don't show up until after the bad buy has been taken care of ;)
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A screening of The Call was held at the Women's International Film Festival hosted at the Regal South Beach theater on February 26, 2013. TriStar Pictures released it to theatres a few weeks later on March 15, 2013. Considered to be high-concept by many reviewers, the film proved a commercial success, grossing over $68 million despite receiving mixed reviews. Halle Berry was nominated for Choice Movie Actress in a Drama at the Teen Choice Awards and Best Actress at the BET Awards.
Wikipedia
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

the film (The Call) proved a commercial success, grossing over $68 million

^ All that means is Hollywood has a good system worked out to make money on bad movies.
That's called getting ripped off.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

As far as Lana is concerned - loved the Matrix
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Thinktank wrote:Now, Netflix is not bad. At least they have a few movies worth watching.

Cloud Atlas is now on Netflix, so are you going to stop watching it?

But by your own admission, yo said you know nothing about movies. So why comment on something you know nothing about besides as a display of ignorance?

Thinktank wrote:There is only one problem - I don't know anything about movies. I never watch movies.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:I It was so repulsive and revolting I stopped watching any movies for years after that.

How is it you watched a movie that was released in 2012 and then another in 2013 yet you stopped watching movies for years after that?

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”