Tassimo or Kuerig?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Re: Tassimo or Kuerig?

Post by Roadster »

banjr89 wrote:Thank you to all the responses. I think I have made my decision.....................Tassimo for my daughter and Kuerig for me :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:

There is a good decisson,,, that way if you both arent happy with them you can trade :dyinglaughing:
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Mama
Lord of the Board

Post by Mama »

I was pondering this very question and decided that for our family the Keurig was the best. Bought the Cuisinart Keurig. It comes with the little extra K cup and filter so you can use your own grounds. We are LOVING it!! So fast. We are a Tea, coffee and decaf family so everyone gets their thing. Only reason we didnt do the Tassimo is because we dont really do much cafe type coffee, Liked the, use your own grounds feature, and the different cup size and temp selection.
MY GREATEST FEAR IS, THERE IS NO PMS, AND THIS IS MY REAL PERSONALITY.
Cherokee12

Post by Cherokee12 »

I like the Tassimo best. There is many blends, strengths of coffees as well at lattes,cappacinos,hot chocolate,espresso as well. There was a recall but it was for a part which you could go on the web and have the replacement part sent to you.
It is easier than having to brew a whole pot only to throw some of it away. It is quick and easy and who I don't want to be bothered filling the pods with my own coffee grounds.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Oh I love filling the pods with my own blends, its way cheaper but you can use theirs any time too.
Put some in, brew it and dump it out, a quick rinse and yer done. If you get into making blends they can be what ever you like. Now if you are talking about the pod bags you can make with the sealer I wouldnt bother.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
banjr89
Fledgling

Post by banjr89 »

Mama wrote:I was pondering this very question and decided that for our family the Keurig was the best. Bought the Cuisinart Keurig. It comes with the little extra K cup and filter so you can use your own grounds. We are LOVING it!! So fast. We are a Tea, coffee and decaf family so everyone gets their thing. Only reason we didnt do the Tassimo is because we dont really do much cafe type coffee, Liked the, use your own grounds feature, and the different cup size and temp selection.

This is why I think the tassimo is great for my daughter, she can have her cafe type coffees. I on the other hand think Kuerig is best for me, I like the tea, flavoured coffee etc. Hey if I get one of each, we will be able to tell which one gets used more :0)
Mind you she doesn't live at home.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Tassimo or Kuerig ???

Post by xjeepguy »

WeatherWoman wrote:Neither....Too much waste. Hamilton Beach sells one that you put your own coffee into a little basket. i love it! and much better for the enviroment.

Which model did you buy ?
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Those things don't work in the new Kuerig. Personally, I'm a fan of the French press.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

French press is the only way to go. Easy as instant to make, uses no (disposable) filter, tastes amazing, and cleans up beautifully in the dishwasher.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I had a tassimo at work. I was given (and adore!) a keurig for home use. Keurig is way better. I find the reusable cups work just fine (didn't invest in the k-cup, got the plastic ones from Bed Bath & Beyond).

If you do go for a machine like the above - buy distilled water to use in it. It will prevent deposit build up.

A french press IS lovely. But when you have friends over, I can make coffee, apple cider, green tea and chai all in a few minutes.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Well, there's that, lol.

I have two French presses, and just keep the two going. Tea drinkers can go to hell. :-)
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

2-Way FlexBrew® Coffeemaker by Hamilton Beach I agree is a great coffeemaker. Soup, k-cup, your own ground coffee beans of your choice for single cup, whole pot or thermos. Lots of options for a great price.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Jo wrote:Tea drinkers can go to hell. :-)

I will be reporting this post
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

As I see it rather expensive way to make coffee.

Cheaper way is: water + kicking horse coffee + percolator = damn good cup of coffee
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Agree Gordon H., we have one that grinds the beans then makes the coffee, very good, was expensive when we bought it a while back and is starting to make some funny noise so have been looking but there doesn't seem to be another one like it except for those in the high hundreds. May just buy a regular and grind our own again........way way cheaper. They brought a Kuerig in to work, what a pain it seems to me, and then they were all told they had to bring their own k cups or whatever they are....the boss used to supply the coffee with the old drip......who is winning this one?

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”