Man accused in doctor beating granted bail

wanderingman
Übergod

Re: Man accused in doctor beating granted bail

Post by wanderingman »

old boy wrote:To begin with, as a patient, his name should never have been released, the name has never been for the similar incident in Kamloops,as an example. Having known him and his family for many years, this is so out of character. From my understanding of the situation, he definitely needed help and was given wrong medications, which put him over the top. If there ever was a case for someone deserving of help, this young person certainly is. We are so quick to help those that don't deserve it and will never change.
He deserves a fair hearing and I am sure a lot of what we don't know will come out at that time.

OF course his name should be known.Its ridiculous to think otherwise. No one has said he does not deserve a fair hearing all we are saying is NO BAIL till hes treated and not a constant danger/no longer a threat to the public in general
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

Did you stop to think that maybe the fact that he was given the opportunity at bail suggests there is more to the story?

Nobody is agreeing that beating someone to a pulp is a good thing. I think what is being said is that you should reserve passing judgement until the truth comes out.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

ToddT wrote:Did you stop to think that maybe the fact that he was given the opportunity at bail suggests there is more to the story?

Nobody is agreeing that beating someone to a pulp is a good thing. I think what is being said is that you should reserve passing judgement until the truth comes out.

heres the judgement(mine) The guy is a nut bar, he was seeing a nut bar doctor and the nut bar savagely beat the Doc?? And you want this nut Bar released on bail? what judgement should I be passing in this case pray tell?
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Rage is obviously an issue with this guy. What set him off? And why are we as locals the test strip for this? I'm sure the doctor was not expecting a broken jaw when he went to work. Why am I the test dummy for rage asshat when I go to 7-11 and forget to hold the door long enough for him. Clearly I'm trying to be friendly holding the door for him. Was the doctor an uncaring jerk when he asked the patient what was going on?
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

The doctor may have been a jerk. We don't know this information yet.
darkaengel

Post by darkaengel »

wanderingman wrote:SO? WHAT? the guys a NUT BAR and needs to be in Jail.Any rational clear thinking person knows that? so what exactly was your point ???

perhaps that there are a lot of misinformed folks incorrectly stereotyping someone in (and outside of) this thread?

with all the negative press involving mma fighters as of late, it is pretty unfair to label someone a "jacked up goon fighting mma" or as having a "mma fighter mentality" when they have very little if any involvement in mixed martial arts.

his training had nothing to do with what he did to that doctor, yet many seem to using it (and incorrectly at that) in describing his mental and physical state.

I surely do not expect you to understand any of that based on your knee-jerk reaction... But props for emotionally responding to a post and managing to mention "any rational and clear thinking person knows that". lol
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

ToddT wrote:The doctor may have been a jerk. We don't know this information yet.

With all due respect Todd, we may not know fer sure that this doc is not a jerk, but the probabilities of a psychiatrist with some 9 to 12 years of education, provoked this guys violent explosion are slim to nil at best.
What if the guy had ended up in emerg by first responders, then laid a beat down on one of the doctors there? Would you wonder if they were maybe jerks and brought it on themselves, or consider the reality that we live in a far less than perfect world that is subject to human fallibilities where the end result is not the preferred outcome every time we enter into a potential situational conflict?
Google "violent acts on Psychiatrists by patients" and then tell me they don't put themselves in harms way with "unknowns" in the very same way someone in the military does. I wouldn't do the job for anything. Would you?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

I agree 100% TwoBits. I'm just trying to bring light to the fact that it's unfair for people to throw daggers the way they are.
While psychology interests me greatly and I respect what they do, I don't have the first bit of wherewithall to do what they do. I respect them greatly.

I think in topics like this it's important to have a devil's advocate to avoid a witch burning.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

perhaps that there are a lot of misinformed folks incorrectly stereotyping someone in (and outside of) this thread?

with all the negative press involving mma fighters as of late, it is pretty unfair to label someone a "jacked up goon fighting mma" or as having a "mma fighter mentality" when they have very little if any involvement in mixed martial arts.

his training had nothing to do with what he did to that doctor, yet many seem to using it (and incorrectly at that) in describing his mental and physical state.

I surely do not expect you to understand any of that based on your knee-jerk reaction... But props for emotionally responding to a post and managing to mention "any rational and clear thinking person knows that". lol

I never ever that iam aware of? said because this ding bat may have or may not have been involved in MMA or MA has anything to do with granting this ding bat bail? This Ding Bat needs to be kept in jail
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

wanderingman wrote:
heres the judgement(mine) The guy is a nut bar, he was seeing a nut bar doctor and the nut bar savagely beat the Doc?? And you want this nut Bar released on bail? what judgement should I be passing in this case pray tell?

This is a perfect example why it's a good thing our court system isn't judging people based on your emotional response to a story that we barely know any details regarding.

When the Crown and the defense can agree on something, it should make you wonder what that is, and how it might change your opinion on the event. It doesn't though, because somehow you know better.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

When the Crown and the defense can agree on something, it should make you wonder what that is, and how it might change your opinion on the event. It doesn't though, because somehow you know better.

my wife worked as a court clerk in bc for 20++ years.she told me that some crown prosectors are so stupid she was not sure how they ever got the job.There was a guy called phil they called him "Phillip the fool"

and your correct I actually do know lots of times over the years
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

wanderingman wrote:
my wife worked as a court clerk in bc for 20++ years.she told me that some crown prosectors are so stupid she was not sure how they ever got the job.There was a guy called phil they called him "Phillip the fool"

and your correct I actually do know lots of times over the years

Unfortunately, your wife isn't an expert in criminal law like a Crown prosecutor is, so while she is entitled to her opinion, she certainly isn't a subject matter expert.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

He was granted bail with strict conditions. Cheaper for the taxpayer to have him live on his family orchard with their supervision than to remain in jail. Also easier for him to access mental health services in the community. While this man seriously injured another human being, he may be mentally stable now and thus no risk to anyone.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Trying to pass judgment on someone in the grips of mental illness is an exercise doomed to failure for most people as they can only use measurements based in "normal" behavior, which are useless. These are jobs best left to professionals.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

FreeRights wrote:[

Unfortunately, your wife isn't an expert in criminal law like a Crown prosecutor is, so while she is entitled to her opinion, she certainly isn't a subject matter expert.

unfortunatly you are not a expert in anything so look whos talking ?and you have no idea as to the training and knowledge of my DW. It was an opinion that was shared by judges, lawyers and fellow workers at the time this guy was a PA

Return to “North Okanagan”