Cop gets charged

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Cop gets charged

Post by maryjane48 »

The officer charged with murder in the shooting death of an unarmed black man in South Carolina has been fired as anger continues to build around his case.

A video shows Officer Michael Slager, who is white, shooting 50-year-old Walter Scott eight times as Scott has his back to him and is running away. It appears that Scott was unarmed.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/us/south- ... th-murder/

still lots of questions , why did the cops handcuff mr scott without trying to save his life? looking at video , it seems because evidence was being planted .

now on tv they said where they have on officer cams, they have been caught turning the cam off , if thats the case , the cop caught doing that should be charged , sent to jail
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: Cop gets charged

Post by Hassel99 »

The video is pretty damn telling. You can even see him plant the Taser. Another forum mentioned that SC has the death penalty and this could be the first American cop sentenced to death....

Based on the racial tension in the USA in especially in the last 18 months I could see them going for the death penalty.

Of course the real question is, what would have happened if that bystander had not recorded this event?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Just put him in a cell block with all or mostly Blacks and you won't need to give him the death penalty.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

If the officer is guilty he should be dealt with accordingly and not used as a scapegoat to save money from a riot.

I can see this having serious repercussions. Officers could start to refuse any calls dealing with African/Americans. If that were to happen, crime could get out of hand. Vigilante groups forming, racial groups expanding.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Or just don't shoot a guy in the back when he's running away from you, regardless of his skin colour?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup looks pretty bad for that cop,
question did the guy go for the cops gun or tazer before he got shot
looks like he did, not very smart on his part
if he got the tazer off the cop and tazers the cop with it, would the cop be dead now???
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

the truth wrote:if he got the tazer off the cop and tazers the cop with it, would the cop be dead now???

What does it matter? The cop shot the victim 5 times in the back at a distance while fleeing.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I thought the mayor of that town could have been a little less of an *bleep*.

The guy couldn't be running faster away from the cop, hardly a threat requiring deadly force.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well, well, new video http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/10/us/south- ... index.html. when a cop says stay in the car you stay in the car
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

It still doesn't mean you get to shoot someone in the back from that distance running away from you.
I could understand if it were a scuffle and it was some close range situation where the officer felt his life was in danger.

At best he could have stopped at 1 shot but decided to execute him at what looked to be about 25ft and counting with every stride.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

jimmy4321 wrote:It still doesn't mean you get to shoot someone in the back from that distance running away from you.
I could understand if it were a scuffle and it was some close range situation where the officer felt his life was in danger.

At best he could have stopped at 1 shot but decided to execute him at what looked to be about 25ft and counting with every stride.

there was a scuffle
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Not at 25ft and counting in the back, running away.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yes it looks like the cop f up---but if he stayed in the car, and did not try to take the cops tazer away , good chance he is still here today
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

the truth wrote:yes it looks like the cop f up---but if he stayed in the car, and did not try to take the cops tazer away , good chance he is still here today

That is true, maybe.
There are good reasons to do EXACTLY as told by police but I don't think one of them should be we will shoot you in the back running away at 25ft
If this guy had not been recorded, how many others had the joy of running into this officer? Maybe some truly bad guys like this guy, maybe your wife, daughter at a traffic stop. Who knows what goes down when no ones looking.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

the truth wrote:when a cop says stay in the car you stay in the car

Oh, you mean like this guy?

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “World”