Small touchscreens & big fingers

Comments about the discussion board. Site-related comments should be addressed to the applicable department through the Contact Us form.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Small touchscreens & big fingers

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

Was wondering if others were having the same problems that I am with getting around in the forums?

On my tablet or phone - when I am picking a discussion to go to or a subject inside a discussion, about 7 times out of 10 rather than going into the subject it picks the name below the subject / or the moderator for the subject.

(I will do a screen capture and diagram later on my PC since it is a real pain to do on a tablet or phone.)

Is it just my chubby (fat) fingers or would it be easier to get around if the pick box for entering discussions was modified/ made larger?

Your comments/ ideas would be appreciated.

NNA
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Small Touchscreens & Big fingers

Post by GordonH »

Could look into stylus pen
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Small Touchscreens & Big fingers

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Happens to me all the time.

I don't go on using the phone much but if I need to I expand the page, click on what I want, then shrink it back down a bit again.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Small touchscreens & big fingers

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

So here is what I mean about had to enter a forum or topic when using a touchscreen with even moderate sized fingers.
If the box area could be made larger I think (IMO) the entire forum would be a lot more user friendly.
Forum Page link example.jpg
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Try zooming in, I find that it helps (I have the same thing happen when trying to click on 'last post' - half the time I get the member's name instead, lol.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Zooming in does help. Stylus is too easy to lose :(

Sorry, couldn't resist:

Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “Feedback and Requests”