Best place to buy windshield wipers?

Business and professional recommendations.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Best place to buy windshield wipers?

Post by Relentless »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:What that tells me is that you haven't tried the Bosch Icon blades.

The problem is that some vehicles windshields have to much of an abrupt surface slope change, and if the blades support mechanism doesn't have enough flex to follow the windshield contour, it misses a part of the windshield, especially if the units are not capable of flexing well when cold or slightly iced up from freezing rain.

I always ask, can I bring them back if I am not satisfied with them, if I can't return them, I don't buy them.
I do know that there are specific "winter blades" that have covers over them to aid in this problem.
Sometimes "stock" type cheapies are the best for flex in these situations, as they are more flimsy.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

According to this article which makes sense to me cost has little to do with the end result. What is most significant is the fit and age. Change them annually and you will be fine,

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-w ... -your-car/
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

kandit wrote:Queen K: If you're talking to me, I've never owned wiper blades that were noisy or a hazard. I just change them when they don't clean as good as they should. It doesn't matter what price you pay if you keep them on too long and they don't clean the windshield anymore. Then they are a hazard. And I don't go to Timmies.

I'm talking to anyone who is thinking cheaper is better. But you did word your question leaning that way.

And I also have to change wiper blades, so this discussion is interesting.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Unless they are damaged, sometimes all they need is a good cleaning. A little Isopropyl Alcohol will work fine.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

^^^ Bug guts, tree sap, dirt, film, etc, all can affect how well a wiper blade cleans. Cleaning them is a good idea.

Rock chips, cracks, and pitting in the windshield can also affect how well a wiper blade swipes.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

driveangry wrote: A little Isopropyl Alcohol will work fine.

Not the best for cleaning rubber as it dries it out quicker. http://www.geeksoncars.com/how_5030428_ ... lades.html
kandit

Post by kandit »

I'm talking to anyone who is thinking cheaper is better. But you did word your question leaning that way.

And I also have to change wiper blades, so this discussion is interesting.[/quote]

I don't think anyone thinks cheaper is better. However, if cheaper is just as good, why not pay $10-15 instead of $30? Some here are saying the $30 is worth it but most are not.
Kelownabusinessman
Fledgling

Post by Kelownabusinessman »

Cheap can be good, usually most do the same thing. I LOVE CHEAP!!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I bought expensive Bosch ones that tore after a few months. Tried them again as I had heard they were so good, they chipped within days and later tore again.

Now I buy the Michelins at Costco and get about 6 - 8 months from a set. They do a good job until they are pooched, so for the price, they are my choice. I did not find any better visibility with the expensive Bosch blades than the cheap Michelins.

Usually, I am willing to pay a premium for a premium product, but Bosch just weren't any better (actually, they were worse) than the cheapies.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

If you don't mind waiting 4-6 weeks you can order from China for $10 or less a pair. (including shipping)
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Bsuds wrote:If you don't mind waiting 4-6 weeks you can order from China for $10 or less a pair. (including shipping)

That's where they are all made anyway, so just order twice a year and it's all good.
Chill
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I bought locally for 3 bucks a pair at restore on enterprise. I did three of my cars for 3 bucks each. I woulda done them all if they had the right ones.
They worked so well I went back and got a lifetime supply for each car.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
alizaibkhan4

Post by alizaibkhan4 »

Here is the guide i wrote on best windshield wipers: https://trustedbeasts.com/best-windshield-wipers/

Here are the top windshield wipers i selected:

1. Bosch 26A ICON Wiper Blade

2. ANCO Series 31 Wiper Blade

3. AERO Premium All-Season Frameless Wiper Blades

4. Rain-X 5079280-1 Latitude Wiper Blade

5. Michelin 8026 Stealth Hybrid Windshield Wiper Blade

Hope this helps!
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Bman wrote:I bought locally for 3 bucks a pair at restore on enterprise. I did three of my cars for 3 bucks each. I woulda done them all if they had the right ones.
They worked so well I went back and got a lifetime supply for each car.

I donated those :) My dad gave me like 500 wiper blades when he shut down his glass shop, and we didn't want to deal with them so they all went to the Restore :)
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.

Return to “Referrals”