Teaching Toddlers About Gay Pride

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Teaching Toddlers About Gay Pride

Post by MAPearce »

Surprise , surprise ... You are the first to retort to my post ....

I was expecting that .

There is obviously a market for it,

And there's a "market" for dog physiologists... Because some "believe" the drivel of them...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

MAPearce wrote:Surprise , surprise ... You are the first to retort to my post ....

I was expecting that .

And there's a "market" for dog physiologists... Because some "believe" the drivel of them...

Then who cares? It is there money, and their time. If they feel dog physiologists work, then who are we to judge them, they aren't hurting anyone.

Just like this book, if there are people who find it beneficial to teach their children about gay marriage, and respecting others then who are you to judge them for it? What if that family has a homosexual person in it, such as a sibling or an aunt or uncle. I think a book like this can help to teach the child about it and open a conversation about respecting others.
hail Satan y'all
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

One day , your sympathies will save the world...

But in MHO , you could do more by not "teaching" children what they don't need to know and advocate for teaching what they DO need to know...

Give 'er a rest ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Able
Fledgling

Post by Able »

sounds like its time for a Peter Puffer Parade Day
Sometimes you eat the bear.....sometimes the bear eats you.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Unless one is a redneck and needs correcting, there is not a need to teach toddlers about gay pride. By teaching are we not alienating a population of society that already has acceptance? Being gay is not a big deal anymore, at least in urban centres. Plus, I am sure they can figure it out on their own.
Last edited by Static on Nov 24th, 2015, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ford4x4Truck
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ford4x4Truck »

MAPearce wrote:Teaching toddlers about gay marriage or pride parades is the STOOPIDEST PHUQUING thing I've heard in a LONG time...

This forum is so anti university degrees and so anti homosexuality that it boggles my mind. I find it incredibly difficult to believe that people are so narrow-minded, but I guess Kelowna really lives up to its reputation.

What exactly DON'T you consider to be the STOOPIDEST *removed* thing you'vee heard in a LONG time that ISN'T just a way for a person to make use of a supposedly useless university degree?
Last edited by ferri on Nov 24th, 2015, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: auto censor workaround
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

What exactly DON'T you consider to be the STOOPIDEST *removed* thing you'vee heard in a LONG time that ISN'T just a way for a person to make use of a supposedly useless university degree?

Teaching toddlers how to spell....

Or teaching adults how to read ??
But , ferCRYINGOUT LOUD , can we just let our children worry about bee stings , snot , and falling off their bikes ? This whole idea is some dumb assed *bleep* trying to get their moneys worth out of their university degree.

Where did I "suggest " supposedly useless university degree ?
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

So if a kid asks what the parade is about and you say they are being proud that boys can like boys and girls can like girls and the kid asks if there is a parade for boys that are proud to like girls, good luck teaching them fairness.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The first parade was held in New York City about 45 years ago - wonder what those toddlers that attended think today?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

zzontar wrote: ... and the kid asks if there is a parade for boys that are proud to like girls,...

It's the line-up at Hooters
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

zzontar wrote:So if a kid asks what the parade is about and you say they are being proud that boys can like boys and girls can like girls and the kid asks if there is a parade for boys that are proud to like girls, good luck teaching them fairness.

I thought you old people weren't down for participation awards??? How about you teach your kid that sometimes other people get things you don't, and you shouldn't throw a hissy fit because of it.

How about you explain that for hundreds of years the LGBTQ community was bullied, and treated very unfriendly because of who they liked, and because of that we let them have a big party every year! How about parent's parent and talk to their kids. Explaining what being gay is, and a filtered version of the history isn't hard.
hail Satan y'all
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

whatwhat wrote:I thought you old people weren't down for participation awards??? How about you teach your kid that sometimes other people get things you don't, and you shouldn't throw a hissy fit because of it.

How about you explain that for hundreds of years the LGBTQ community was bullied, and treated very unfriendly because of who they liked, and because of that we let them have a big party every year! How about parent's parent and talk to their kids. Explaining what being gay is, and a filtered version of the history isn't hard.

"We" don't "let them have a big party every year". They are free to do so just as the rest of us are.

For me, the fact that they have been mistreated throughout history does not mean they should have privileges above that of others today. they have fought for, and earned equality (or close to it). Equality is all they should be seeking. In that sense, I think Zzontar has a shred of a point. (assuming I understood the point). If him and I wanted to start up a Hetero Pride Parade, it would not be PC. It would get blocked at every turn.

All that said, I fully support gay pride parades and parties. Our society is just a funny thing. Anyone who feels marginalized is free to do things that while male straight men would not get a social licence to do.
spooker

Post by spooker »

The reason that a "Hetero Pride" parade would be offensive is the same reason that "White Lives Matter" is idiotic ...

No one disputes the fact that "lives matter" and should be inclusive ... but by making the other claim is to diminish the real fact that "black lives" are being affected at a much greater rate than equality should allow ...

Just as the LGBTQ community was persecuted for years there is still an attitude they get from many (not all) CIS that if allowed to would just put people's efforts back to the stone age if that recognition was allowed to fade away ...

Society as a whole has not made equality the "default" ... until then the marginalized will need to push to keep the recognition they've been able to gain ...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

zzontar wrote:So if a kid asks what the parade is about and you say they are being proud that boys can like boys and girls can like girls and the kid asks if there is a parade for boys that are proud to like girls, good luck teaching them fairness.

Ha, you bumped a thread from 2015 to ask about fairness to heterosexuals? :135:

Well, the last man to be thrown in jail in Canada in 1966 I believe, was likely asking about fairness too. They can be who they are and me? Where am I at?

I don't believe this even encompasses the word "fairness." Some how that is weak.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

spooker wrote:The reason that a "Hetero Pride" parade would be offensive is the same reason that "White Lives Matter" is idiotic ...

No one disputes the fact that "lives matter" and should be inclusive ... but by making the other claim is to diminish the real fact that "black lives" are being affected at a much greater rate than equality should allow ...

Just as the LGBTQ community was persecuted for years there is still an attitude they get from many (not all) CIS that if allowed to would just put people's efforts back to the stone age if that recognition was allowed to fade away ...

Society as a whole has not made equality the "default" ... until then the marginalized will need to push to keep the recognition they've been able to gain ...

Sure, ask if they'll shut down the streets for a parade for left-handers and see how far you get.
They say you can't believe everything they say.

Return to “Social Concerns”