HOV lane potholes

Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: HOV lane potholes

Post by Joe Public »

Donald G wrote:Is anyone actually aware of how to go about reporting potholes on City Streets or Provincial Highways ??

I am sure that city vehicles and Provincial Vehicles see and encounter the same potholes that voters do. Is there a necessity to report them as well before anything is done about them ??

That seems weird.

To report a pothole to the Ministry of Transportation, call their Kelowna office at 250-712-3660.

But that doesn't mean that it will be properly repaired. Since coming to power, the BC Liberals have reduced the amount and cost of road maintenance on all highways. That means that we are living with poorer road conditions and lower maintenance standards in order to support the lowest corporate tax rate in Canada.

Is everyone happy with that trade off?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Online service request is pretty easy and I'm sure if the pothole is not in their area the should forward it to Hwys.

https://apps.kelowna.ca/iService_Requests/isr001.cfm

They claim to fix within 48 hrs of being notified so give it a try. Takes less time than bitching on here.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Number of those pot holes actually looks like when road was resurfaced it did not bond. Maybe its just me this recycled pavement does not last very long.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by Joe Public » 15 minutes ago

Donald G wrote:
Is anyone actually aware of how to go about reporting potholes on City Streets or Provincial Highways ??

To report a pothole to the Ministry of Transportation, call their Kelowna office at 250-712-3660.

But that doesn't mean that it will be properly repaired. Since coming to power, the BC Liberals have reduced the amount and cost of road maintenance on all highways. That means that we are living with poorer road conditions and lower maintenance standards in order to support the lowest corporate tax rate in Canada.

Is everyone happy with that trade off?

I can live with the potholes a lot easier than I can live with higher taxes. If people drive properly the potholes really do not make that much difference. But it is nice to *bleep* about them on an otherwise quiet day. It makes it sound like driving is tough here in the Sunny Okanagan.
Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Joe Public »

GordonH wrote:Number of those pot holes actually looks like when road was resurfaced it did not bond. Maybe its just me this recycled pavement does not last very long.

It's cheaper to install and lasts less time.

The BC Liberals get what they pay for. Taxpayers do not.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

first world problems
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Drove from Rutland to Landmark center and back. Noticed may be one pothole.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Captain Awesome wrote:Drove from Rutland to Landmark center and back. Noticed may be one pothole.

Noticed a number of them in HOV lane heading downtown from Hardy St to Burtch Rd
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Kelownabusinessman
Fledgling

Post by Kelownabusinessman »

Sorry officer I was doing 100 so my tires can glide across the potholes. :130:
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

if you want to see pot holes drive up old vernon road towards scotty creek
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Sorry, folks, money went into new signage to let you know you are in the HOV lane.
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

There is a tire-buster pothole just before the off ramp to UBCO heading north on Hwy 97.
* Edit : in right hand lane

If you think the potholes are bad in Kelowna don't even THINK of venturing north on Glenmore Rd to Lake Country. Right after the speed limit reduces to 50 kph it's a minefield ! Going both directions too. The worst I've ever seen it in over 30 yrs.
Last edited by Tootsie on Jan 25th, 2016, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:Maybe its just me this recycled pavement does not last very long.

Nope, it doesn't.
tsayta wrote:first world problems

First World Nation with Third World road infrastructure.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
beancounter
Board Meister

Post by beancounter »

the truth wrote:holly crap just got back from driving the hov lane through town,honestly I think I saw no less then at least 30 potholes,

Gee, if only we had $91,000 to fix them.
tegotong

Post by tegotong »

Donald, how does "driving properly" prevent a tire-busting pothole from busting your tire? If you are going the correct speed and staying in your own lane, you can't avoid most of them. During the day, in traffic, you typically can't see them on time even if you could do anything about it, other than hit the brakes and risk someone rear-ending you. And if it is at night, especially when it is rainy, good luck on spotting them.

Return to “Central Okanagan”