HOV lane potholes

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: HOV lane potholes

Post by Dizzy1 »

tegotong wrote:Donald, how does "driving properly" prevent a tire-busting pothole from busting your tire? If you are going the correct speed and staying in your own lane, you can't avoid most of them. During the day, in traffic, you typically can't see them on time even if you could do anything about it, other than hit the brakes and risk someone rear-ending you. And if it is at night, especially when it is rainy, good luck on spotting them.

Everyone seems to be of the opinion that they are God's Gift to the driving world when they're sitting behind the computer screen.

I agree with you, some you simply can't see and they can do some serious damage.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Noticed on Dilworth where there was construction a couple of months ago, several good sized pot holes last week......the next day they were filled......done fairly quickly. Hwy 97 through town.......who fixes them and when?

Ever looked at the quality on that stretch of Dilworth road? Looks like they did it by hand and a shovel. Bumpedie bumpedie bump. Is there no control on quality in this city when it comes to road maintenance, repaving and repair?
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

To all the Catanutters and our new friends complaining about the horrendous and deadly (to vehicle tires) potholes along Harvey Ave....have any of you considered that this may be our punishment for driving in the "Glorified Bus Lane aka HOV Lane" illegally. *insert tongue in cheek*

In all honesty, I have lived up north and in Alberta for many years before coming back to BC. The roads here are fixed horrendously when pot holes happen. No excuse folks... Complain to the highways department, not the City of......whatever town you live in between Oliver and Salmon Arm. Drive safe, stay off your phones and pay attention :-)
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ I admit to using HOV lane, only since times had changed so before 7am & on the weekends.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Those drivers who can not spot and avoid almost all potholes on the road should be delegated to occupying the back seat.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Donald G wrote:Those drivers who can not spot and avoid almost all potholes on the road should be delegated to occupying the back seat.

There are weather and times of day that can make it difficult if not impossible to see potholes in time to avoid.
For example, rainy and dark, snowy and dark or just dark and dark.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by Bsuds » Today, 1:56 pm

Donald G wrote:
Those drivers who can not spot and avoid almost all potholes on the road should be delegated to occupying the back seat.

There are weather and times of day that can make it difficult if not impossible to see potholes in time to avoid.
For example, rainy and dark, snowy and dark or just dark and dark.

WADR if one can not see potholes when driving at night they should put their lights on. If they can still not see the potholes an eye test is likely required. I think speed is often a factor when one encounters such "night blindness" conditions.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Donald G wrote:WADR if one can not see potholes when driving at night they should put their lights on. If they can still not see the potholes an eye test is likely required. I think speed is often a factor when one encounters such "night blindness" conditions.

Sorry, most of us look more than 2 feet in front of our cars. Wet pavement, puddles, potholes filled with water, glare from oncoming traffic - no "eye test" required.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Donald G wrote:WADR if one can not see potholes when driving at night they should put their lights on. If they can still not see the potholes an eye test is likely required. I think speed is often a factor when one encounters such "night blindness" conditions.

Well you shouldn't be driving your scooter in the HOV lane in the first place.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

HUGE pothole at the intersection of Pandosy and 97. I had no choice but to use the HOV lane. totally slowing down traffic as everyone is driving around it. I did send a email to the city.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

might as well tell them to go up and down all the steets in Kelowna while your at it :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

They claim to respond to online/phone requests for pothole repair within 48 hrs.
With so many out there they don't have time to go around looking for them on their own.

There sure are lots of them out there and big ones too!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup, it really is a joke
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by Bsuds » Today, 8:22 am

Well you shouldn't be driving your scooter in the HOV lane in the first place.

I don't use the HOV lane with my scooter ... the sidewalk has less potholes.

Return to “Central Okanagan”