Memorial Cup

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Memorial Cup

Post by jaz301 »

I am so pumped up for this game. GO ROCKETS GO! Lets bring home the Memorial Cup!
Life is too sho......
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

it could of been a great opportunity to get new fans,i think they really dropped the ball on this one
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Damn you losing the feed sportsnet. Our combined psychic kelowna powers were lost in that cheering time and 2 likely weak penalties were called. BAH.

Should be a fun third
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

daaaaaaaaaaaam ot here we come
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
NEXT year boys
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Was a hell of a season for the Rockets. 1 game (1 goal) short of making it a perfect season, but it would have been more disappointing if we had not made the Memorial Cup. Every team in Memorial Cup tournament pretty much did the exact same thing rocket did. Trade to get the best players to make a cup run. Its disappointing now, but we can look back at the good the rockets have done this season.
Life is too sho......
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Proud of the team, we had chances, so did the other team. Really a great effort to make the winning goal and I won't ever fault that. Wanted it for the rockets bet alas we didn't get it.

There is no shame in being the second best team in the country by a small OT difference. Sad tonight, but they can hold their heads proud and high
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Was a hell of a season for the Rockets. 1 game (1 goal) short of making it a perfect season, but it would have been more disappointing if we had not made the Memorial Cup. Every team in Memorial Cup tournament pretty much did the exact same thing rocket did. Trade to get the best players to make a cup run. Its disappointing now, but we can look back at the good the rockets have done this season.

Veovis wrote:Proud of the team, we had chances, so did the other team. Really a great effort to make the winning goal and I won't ever fault that. Wanted it for the rockets bet alas we didn't get it.

There is no shame in being the second best team in the country by a small OT difference. Sad tonight, but they can hold their heads proud and high

Exactly.

Being 1 of 2 teams out of 60 in the league, to make it to Memorial Cup Finals. Way to go Rockets. See you in September
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

My wife was cheering for the Rockets so obviously I was cheering for the Generals.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

So looking at 3 groups making up CHL (QMJHL, OHL & WHL), only 1 team from last year Memorial Cup is still in the race to this years Memorial Cup in Red Deer Alberta.

That is our very own Rockets, of course they need to beat Seattle first. Then if Brandon beats Red Deer then Brandon, as I've mentioned in other thread if Red Deer & Kelowna meet in the WHL final then both go to Memorial Cup (no matter the outcome).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

The 4 teams are set:

Host Team Red Deer Rebels
QMJHL Champion Rouyn-Noranda Huskies
OHL Champion London Knights
WHL Champion Brandon Wheat Kings

ENMAX Centrium in Red Deer, from May 19–29, 2016
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:The 4 teams are set:

Host Team Red Deer Rebels
QMJHL Champion Rouyn-Noranda Huskies
OHL Champion London Knights
WHL Champion Brandon Wheat Kings

ENMAX Centrium in Red Deer, from May 19–29, 2016

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/memorial-cup/scores/
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Standings
London Knights 2-0
Rouyn-Noranda Huskies 1-1
Red Deer Rebels 1-1
Brandon Wheat Kings 0-2

If Brandon loses their 3rd preliminary round game they will be out, they have lost to London & Rouyn-Noranda. London could end up with 3-0 record with win over Rouyn-Noranda.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Brandon needs to beat Red Deer tonight or its over for them.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Brandon is out of Memorial Cup

Semi-finals are set:
Red Deer vs Rouyn-Noranda (to meet London Knights in the Finals)

Semi's happen Friday evening 5pm PST

Finals Sunday time TBA

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”