Human / Religious origins

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Human / Religious origins

Post by averagejoe »

Better location of the rivers.

Genesis 2:10–14 lists four rivers in association with the garden of Eden: Pishon, Gihon, the Tigris, and the Euphrates.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Start of Civilization

From a kids book....

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Ancient Mesopotamia is called the cradle of civilization.

The first cities and empires formed here. As you will see from the timeline, power changed hands many times throughout the ancient history of this area. It went from the Sumer to the Akkadians to the Babylonians to the Assyrians back to the Babylonians back to the Assyrians and finally to the Persians.

I had forgotten that Mesopotamia was called the cradle of civilization......this from a kids book!!!!

God help us in what the universities are teaching.

looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

looking4one wrote:To answer your questions, look back to the maps that were posted previously.

averagejoe wrote:I don't see any maps posted? Are they in a article posted maybe? Maybe copy and paste so we can look at it?

I just came accross the map that you have denied that you saw.
https://genographic.nationalgeographic. ... n-journey/

To which you had even replied and affirmed that you had seen:
averagejoe wrote:Lots of maps but NO EVIDENCE!!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=67530&start=90
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

looking4one wrote: I just came accross the map that you have denied that you saw.

And just where did I say that.....I saw this map and quite a few other maps....

So what is your point on this map?

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

looking4one wrote:I just came accross the map that you have denied that you saw.

So are you suggesting because it's a National Geographic map, its accurate? Oh please answer this question....

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

looking4one wrote:To answer your questions, look back to the maps that were posted previously.

averagejoe wrote:I don't see any maps posted? Are they in a article posted maybe? Maybe copy and paste so we can look at it?

Here is my answer to your claim that I denied I saw the map...you never mentioned what website my dear...
Last edited by averagejoe on May 27th, 2016, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

looking4one wrote:I just came accross the map that you have denied that you saw.

I looked back at your allegations and this website that was posted, has 7 maps in it? I'm not a mind reader. I'm pretty good at a lot of things. But reading minds....I get an "F"

http://www.transpacificproject.com/inde ... -research/

looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

Do you really need every little tidbit of information spoon fed to you so slowly so that you don't choke on it? If you can't understand the map then you have no chance of understanding anything else. Good luck, you are unworthy of any further attention from me.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

averagejoe wrote:Ancient Mesopotamia is called the cradle of civilization.

The first cities and empires formed here.

Just curious. Where did these people get their knowledge ?
Who taught them ?
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

looking4one wrote:Do you really need every little tidbit of information spoon fed to you so slowly so that you don't choke on it? If you can't understand the map then you have no chance of understanding anything else. Good luck, you are unworthy of any further attention from me.

Another one bites the dust.....I hope your not the best of the secular crowd?

Anyways.....National Geographic doesn't get things right as proven by this map from one of their magazines....

Can anyone see the glaring mistake....?

Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Let me guess...it doesn't jive with your biblical maps.

The bible is not proof that what the bible says is true or factual in any way...sorry.

You seriously post a CARTOON of 'evolution' and believe that is what scientists have accomplished ?????

Apes ( apes are not monkeys ) and humans share a common ancestor.....that is much different than stating that monkeys turned in to humans.
Yes, you are extremely ill informed, uneducated and ignorant when it comes to natural history. You have been proving that over and over again for 7 pages now.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

averagejoe wrote:
This is your evolution theory:
2 million to 1.8 million years ago, early humans left Africa and migrated into Asia. Then 1.5 to 1 million years ago moved into Europe. It took more modern humans more time to get to many parts of the world. For example humans only got to Australia within the last 60,000 years. The first civilizations rose within the past 12,000 years.

Evolution is not even a theory ? It's just a bunch of guessing ???? :200: Good lord.

And no, that is not even remotely close to anything I stated or posted.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Farmmaa wrote:Apes ( apes are not monkeys ) and humans share a common ancestor.....that is much different than stating that monkeys turned in to humans.

Looks like a monkey to me?

cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:Looks like a monkey to me?

Do you really believe that a scientist had anything to do with that drawing? And BTW, the dude at the end of the line looks like Jesus. Do you think that was intentional? Did Jesus evolve from a primate? Also, BTW, the drawing shows a primate not a monkey. If you can't tell the difference, you are really not worth talking to.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”