Saying thanks to good police officers

pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Saying Thanks to the Good Police Officers

Post by pbear »

This year a young officer had to come to our house to tell us of a family member's death. He was gentle and caring and stayed long enough to chat to be sure we were okay. What a difficult job, to tell family news like that. Thank you to the officer who was assigned for his skill in breaking the sad news.
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

So sorry to hear of your loss. What a difficult time for you and yours as well as that young officer. Thank God no officer had to go tell another family such sad news last night because of the actions of the IDIOT last night--DRINKING AND DRIVING=IDIOT!
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

pbear wrote:This year a young officer had to come to our house to tell us of a family member's death. He was gentle and caring and stayed long enough to chat to be sure we were okay. What a difficult job, to tell family news like that. Thank you to the officer who was assigned for his skill in breaking the sad news.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. That is one of the most difficult tasks a officer can do. Very trying and most of us remember each and every notification we ever did, I did too many.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Thank you, ken7, for all you and your fellow brothers and sister do to try and keep things like this from happening. We, as general citizens, could not, or would not, do what you all do to the best of your abilities. This is why I started this thread, to let you and your fellow officers know that we do care and we simply ask that you stay safe and to know, we do appreciate you and your efforts.
Thank you, again. A tip of the hat and a big thumbs up to all our good officers. :)
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I know all of you have seen the news about incidents in Kelowna where officers had to take into custody people that were totally out of control. I must say, it says a lot about our officers and how they handled the situations. The couple of incidents that I have seen where it could have turned deadly, but didn't. A big thank you, again, to our officers, their training and how they handled the situations. The perpetrators need to watch themselves and realize how quickly it could have turned ugly and they need to thank the officers for not drawing their guns and shooting, especially the one that was running after one of the officers. These officers are human and just want to do their job safely, just like anyone else, but, they are definitely in a different circumstance.
We need to let our officers know, we do appreciate them and their efforts to resolve dangerous situations, and that they are able to return to their families and homes safely. I am sure the families of all involved are thankful their loved ones, even the bad guys, were not seriously hurt or killed. It could have easily happened. Perhaps, if they have the chance to watch their actions, if will be a wake-up call to them to turn their lives around. And, they should shake the hands of the officers involved.
Wouldn't that be amazing.
Thank you, officers, for jobs well done!
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Nice to see so many cars and officers along 97 yesterday. I think they were catching speeders and probably checking for other things. It is almost Spring, and people seem to get a heavier foot than usual. Maybe, by handing out a few tickets, SOME drivers may have gotten the message and slow down. Saw some officers doing stops in Lake Country, too. Great job, and maybe some lives have been saved.
damama55
Übergod

Re: Saying thanks to good police officers

Post by damama55 »

Sincerest condolences to Const. Sarah Beckett's family and friends, and fellow officers. Another young officer taken too soon, leaving behind heartbreak and sorrow.
To our officers, please stay safe and be careful.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Our heartfelt thanks go to the officers and the emergency personnel that helped sooooooo many leave Fort Mac during the horrendous fire there. They all risked their own lives and health to make sure folks got out safely.
The tragedy of the accident that claimed two young lives is heartbreaking, too.
"Emily was Emily Ryan, the deputy chief’s 15-year-old daughter and one-third of the family triplets. Aaron was Aaron Hodgson, Emily’s 19-year-old cousin." Her dad is Cranley Ryan, deputy fire chief of Saprae Creek, a hamlet just east of Fort McMurray. (Info courtesy of MacLean's.)
Again, our heartfelt thanks to all the officers, fire fighters and emergency personnel, and our sincerest condolences to the families of Emily and Aaron.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Thank you to the officers in Kamloops for a job well done with capturing a VERY disturbed man, although he was VERY threatening. By the sounds of it, he was drunk and probably on something and wielding a hatchet. The officers did their job, and did it very well, with no serious injuries to themselves or to the suspect. GREAT JOB, GUYS. And, no one was shot, which could have happened.
I seriously hope, when crimes like this happen, that the offender is shown a video of what happened resulting in the charges that take place after. Sometimes, seeing themselves in a situation like Kamloops, often makes them seek the help they so need to change their lives.
Our officers, men and women, face many dangers just doing their job, and when they can do it without taking a life, that IS a good day.
Again, THANK YOU. Job well done. :)
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Every day I think of Officer MacDonald with gratitude for helping my daughter.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

kgcayenne wrote:Every day I think of Officer MacDonald with gratitude for helping my daughter.

I would like to read that story, if you wish to share it here.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

You know, I am sure there are many more good and even, great, stories of the officers that have helped people. Too often, we are too quick to jump all over them, berate them, and quick to post about how an officer may have done something wrong. There are a few bad apples in every barrel, but, we don't throw out the whole thing because of that. We NEED to give our officers a boost in morale. Men and women, who do their very best to do their job to protect us all. Talk to and thank an officer, today. You won't believe the smile and sincere "Thank you" that YOU get back.
Please, if you have an occurrence, where you had good advice, or help from an officer, PLEASE, post it and let us know. In this day and age, we need to build them up, NOT tear them down.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Two Horrific stories about officers, not in Canada, but in the US. The stories about the young men shot by officers, chills us all.
But, the shooting of officers in Dallas, I'm sure, has touched us all, too. NO person ever expects to go to do something, or to work, and have shots fired at them, and their lives are ended in a matter of seconds.
To ALL GREAT officers, everywhere, our heartfelt condolences go out to you all. You probably don't know any of the officers that were killed, but, they are your brothers, and your hearts hurt for them and their families and friends, as does ours. My thoughts and prayers are for our officers to do their job, to the best of their abilities, and to stay safe. When I do speak to an officer, I always tell them to stay safe, because I mean it. The last thing I want to hear is, another officer, doing his job to try to keep us safe, has lost his/her life.
My heart hurts today for the officers lost in Dallas, and I don't want to hear of any of our officers around our great valley, hurt or injured in any way.
God bless you all and keep you safe.
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

damama55 wrote:Two Horrific stories about officers, not in Canada, but in the US. The stories about the young men shot by officers, chills us all.
But, the shooting of officers in Dallas, I'm sure, has touched us all, too. NO person ever expects to go to do something, or to work, and have shots fired at them, and their lives are ended in a matter of seconds.
To ALL GREAT officers, everywhere, our heartfelt condolences go out to you all. You probably don't know any of the officers that were killed, but, they are your brothers, and your hearts hurt for them and their families and friends, as does ours. My thoughts and prayers are for our officers to do their job, to the best of their abilities, and to stay safe. When I do speak to an officer, I always tell them to stay safe, because I mean it. The last thing I want to hear is, another officer, doing his job to try to keep us safe, has lost his/her life.
My heart hurts today for the officers lost in Dallas, and I don't want to hear of any of our officers around our great valley, hurt or injured in any way.
God bless you all and keep you safe.

Good post. My thoughts too, expressed much more eloquently than I could have done.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

x2 same here :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”