Minstrel Cafe Closed?

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Minstrel Cafe Closed?

Post by lesliepaul »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 9th, 2016, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: try again without the filthy language!
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

May be it wasn't making enough money. May be she was tired of running it. May be it was more headache than it was worth it.

Running a business ain't all puppies and unicorns.

Wow, that was thought provoking. Your gender statement shows how little you read of the post.

But thanks anyway.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

mexicalidreamer wrote:I never understood why Claire, the original owner sold in the first place. He had a good little gig going there and it outlived a lot of others. Good location. Huh....?

It's Clare. And he was basically forced out by his partner.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Place will be missed as far as a music venue. What will not be missed though were the ignorant people that brought their kids there and thought it was cute watching them play on the floor in front of the small stage without a care in the world. This area was where the serving staff came from the kitchen to bring out trays of food........too many times I watched servers almost trip over your spoiled brats. Next time you want a night out with the kids, go to McDonald's and try paying attention to them.

As far as the music being too loud for some people.......I don't think it was loud enough to drown out the constant cackling from tables of women who could care less about the musicians and whether anyone else was able to enjoy it. If the Minstrel is closed with a possibility of opening again I hope it comes back MORE MUSIC FRIENDLY.................and louder!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

One of the last times I was at The Cellar in Vancouver before it unfortunately closed down, the act started and, after their first song, the owner very clearly told one table they should either stop talking during the music, or leave. No third option.
They stayed for a while but left early because they were embarrassed.
I agree with the owner but it is a tough stance to take.
You and 71 others Like this post
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

lesliepaul wrote:Place will be missed as far as a music venue. What will not be missed though were the ignorant people that brought their kids there and thought it was cute watching them play on the floor in front of the small stage without a care in the world. This area was where the serving staff came from the kitchen to bring out trays of food........too many times I watched servers almost trip over your spoiled brats. Next time you want a night out with the kids, go to McDonald's and try paying attention to them.

As far as the music being too loud for some people.......I don't think it was loud enough to drown out the constant cackling from tables of women who could care less about the musicians and whether anyone else was able to enjoy it. If the Minstrel is closed with a possibility of opening again I hope it comes back MORE MUSIC FRIENDLY.................and louder!

Was the Minstrel a restaurant that also had live music or a music venue that provided food? If it was the former then expect talking at the tables, if it was the latter then by all means ask people to be quiet. We used to go there for dinner, not for the music.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Took my wife there a year or two ago. Food was nothing to write home about and the service wasn't great so we never went back.
dominik
Fledgling

Post by dominik »

The Minstrel was sold by the current owners shortly after having been put on the market, the new owners apparently will come in towards the end of the season from what I have heard so far, hence them being shut for the season. No idea what is going to happen next there or if the property is going to stay the same as there literally is no news about that anywhere.

In regards to Clare he now is doing something new at Michael Brook I believe it will involve music again, lets hope for Minstrel 2.0
marooned
Board Meister

Post by marooned »

There's a note on the door - nobody here interested enough to read it I guess.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

I can't see it from here
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
KGT
Lord of the Board

Post by KGT »

I just heard that they have plans that include cutting down the tree. :200:
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

All I think I remember of the place is that god awful radio ad it ran some years ago Lol
Maybe it was a different place.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

KGT wrote:I just heard that they have plans that include cutting down the tree. :200:

Boo. That's a beautiful London plane sycamore
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

KGT wrote:I just heard that they have plans that include cutting down the tree. :200:

Moving a big tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFTj0hM3DHM
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Either way, it's kinda dead. Who moves a tree that big?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”