Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Frisk
Guru

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by Frisk »

Missed tonight's game but watched the first 2. I think 3 wins is a good way to start the season. Definitely a little surprised.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Frisk wrote:Missed tonight's game but watched the first 2. I think 3 wins is a good way to start the season. Definitely a little surprised.

Time will tell if the Canucks have what it takes, only 79 games to go.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

ya. im not too excited yet. they have been ot wins. lets see if they can win in 60 and ill be more happy
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

They always seem to do well until New Years and then fall on their collective butts.

I would be happy if they just performed well for a full season and made it past the first round of the playoffs.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
mekathy
Übergod

Post by mekathy »

Awesome start to the season!! O/T or not, a win is a win. Have listened to the haters all my life and am still a fan. Seems like win or lose this is a team that people love to hate. It's a new year and I am hoping for a great season.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

mekathy wrote:Awesome start to the season!! O/T or not, a win is a win. Have listened to the haters all my life and am still a fan. Seems like win or lose this is a team that people love to hate. It's a new year and I am hoping for a great season.

they had about 3 good years to win the cup and choked each time, , good chance they are last in the west this year, the good teams have not started playing well yet this year give it a few more games
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

mekathy wrote:Awesome start to the season!! O/T or not, a win is a win. Have listened to the haters all my life and am still a fan. Seems like win or lose this is a team that people love to hate. It's a new year and I am hoping for a great season.

I would have like to have seen total rebuild similar to whats happening in Toronto. Unfortunately past GM's gave out NTC/NMC like it was candy, so Canucks stuck with high cap hit players. Who are no longer quick.

Best thing that could happen is retirement for aging players with those clauses.

I've been watching the Canucks ever since they were in the WHL. Last number of years I've watching more WHL & BCHL and lot less NHL.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

4-0-0
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

pretty good but will not last imo
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Rather see winning streaks at the end of regular season.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Next 4 games:
Kings
Ducks
Senators
Oilers

I will watching scoreboard, not the games.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Prediction 6 - 2 - 0
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

They were down 0-3 to the kings but managed to bring it back & tie the game with 30 seconds left. We'll see if they can keep the streak going in overtime.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Lost in the shootout. Dang.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Vancouver in Montreal tonight, if Price is between the pipes... highly doubtful the Canucks will win. Ouch 5 straight losses by Vancouver vs 7 straight wins by Montreal.

That combination of Price & Montoya is looking very good so far.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”