Two questions for God

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Two questions for God

Post by Thinktank »

So there's 1,000 preachers
all great, awesome good guys
and since today was Sunday, they all spoke to God today.
they said "thank you Jesus" a lot of times and asked God for some other stuff and they said God was present.

So I want to ask God two things, while God was present at churches today (Sunday):
#1 - Is the cholesterol drug - Crestor - a good idea?
#2 - and should people be taking flu shots into their bloodstream each year?

1,000 preachers @ $50,000 per year = $50 million dollars. Surely
God can answer my two questions above, for that amount of money paid to these guys.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Two questions for God

Post by youjustcomplain »

and, I don't follow. ?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

preachers get paid millions
    preachers talk to God
    I want preachers to ask God a question about Crestor - the cholesterol drug
    Do you think any of the thousands of preachers in Canada can get an answer from God for me?

now do you get it?

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Since we aren't preachers, why not ask preachers instead of random castanet folks?

Or, my answer is, "yes, they can get an answer from God for you". Just ask them.
You and 71 others Like this post
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Thinktank wrote:
    preachers talk to God
    Do you think any of the thousands of preachers in Canada can get an answer from God for me?

now do you get it?

By your logic welfare recipients are also paid millions. $600/month each, but add them all up, and wow, millions!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Thinktank wrote:
    preachers talk to God

now do you get it?

No, I really don't get it. Sounds like you should head down to Shoppers Drug Mart and talk to a pharmacist. Listen to what they have to say about the drug.

Do you think that because preachers making a living wage that they should be giving you advice on cholesterol drugs? /boggle.
Sounds like you don't believe they talk to god, so why ask the question?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 4th, 2016, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Glacier wrote: Prepare for a good laugh.

Let's say a person starts taking a drug that will cause him to have Alzheimer's disease next year.
And he's been going to a nice church faithfully for years. And every Sunday that nice preacher smiles to him.
And all the other people in church smile to him. And he feels good going to church, and he looks
at the people walking down the street who are not going to church, and he's glad he's going to church
because "many are called but few are chosen" and he's glad he's chosen.

And the guy concentrates on bible stories. Like the rich billionaire, as rich as Donald Trump that
never stopped worshiping God, even when God killed all his thousands of camels and sheep and his children
were also killed. But in all those years, the preacher never once talked about the pharmaceutical drug that was going
to cause this guy to have Alzheimer's disease in one year, because the only thing the preacher really knew anything about,
was bible stories. In the bible, the rich Donald Trump (Job) got all his riches and wealth back magically.
But the guy who went to church faithfully, lost all his marbles and spent the last ten years of his life
not knowing anything.

Preachers should ask God more important questions about things happening in our world today,
and tell the people what God said about those things, instead of just worshiping God so much.

youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

:200:

I just can't wrap my mind around this. Likely speaks to my lack of imagination or something.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Thinktank wrote:Preachers should ask God more important questions about things happening in our world today,
and tell the people what God said about those things, instead of just worshiping God so much.

My success rate at getting everybody to do things my way is rather dismal. How's it working for you?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Seeing as you've already gone insane, why not ask a preacher to ask God if gluten-free is the way to go... maybe on your next day pass?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Thinktank wrote:I want preachers to ask God a question...

Why not ask him yourself? Rumour has it he talks to anyone willing to listen.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

fluffy wrote:Why not ask him yourself? Rumour has it he talks to anyone willing to listen.

Maybe he doesn't earn the mandatory $50,000 that is required for god to answer questions? And then something about camels and Donald Trump and church.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

#3 Question for God:
Why do these guys who earn maybe $100,000 to preach about God to the other people,
know a lot more about some bible characters that lived thousands of years ago, and possibly
spent three days inside the belly of a whale (Jonah), or killed 3,000 people with the bone of an ox (Samson)
but these high paid preachers don't know much about the food sitting right before them on their kitchen table?
Should we really be putting chemical additives and pesticides into our stomachs?

#4 Question for God:
Why is "gold" mentioned so often in the bible? You would think that would be the last thing
God would be concerned about, when God wrote the bible.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Two questions:
1) Thought man wrote the bible?
2) Thought you said preachers make $50,000 per year?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”