NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NHL

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:Boy does Shea Weber ever look good in a Montreal Canadian jersey. Just as good as John Travares will look like in a Toronto Maple Leafs sweater when the Leafs sign him as a UFA come this summer. Yup, yup, yup.

Anything is possible..... who know Islanders are not happy in Brooklyn, could end up in Quebec City.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

So the Oilers are now 6-1-0 (12 points) after a 4-1 win over the Capitals tonight. There's some real talent there, McDavid is outstanding. They vs the canucks next on Friday.

The habs are 6-0-1 & also off to a good start.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Straight Shooter wrote:Boy does Shea Weber ever look good in a Montreal Canadian jersey. Just as good as John Travares will look like in a Toronto Maple Leafs sweater when the Leafs sign him as a UFA come this summer. Yup, yup, yup.

problem with that is leafs need a real d man not an other forward
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

So the Oilers beat the canucks 2-0 tonight & are now 7-1-0, just 1 point behind the canadiens 7-0-1. Nice to see canadian teams at the top of the east & west conferences.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Frisk wrote:So the Oilers beat the canucks 2-0 tonight & are now 7-1-0, just 1 point behind the canadiens 7-0-1. Nice to see canadian teams at the top of the east & west conferences.

Season is only 7 to 9 games old, come back at the end of December and see how things look.

But no Canadian based teams are currently in bottom 8 of the league. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

looks like vancouver's luck finally ran out
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:looks like vancouver's luck finally ran out

Knowing they never had thd lead in any of those games they ended up winning, says volumes right there.
I'm not expecting much out of Vancouver this season, Canuck fans would be better off watching the Giants.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Talk about getting your butt kicked. Columbus just beat Montreal 10-0. Al Montoya was in net for all goals.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Talk about getting your butt kicked. Columbus just beat Montreal 10-0. Al Montoya was in net for all goals.

Key to this is was those goals bad job by just Montoya or the entire team. If just Montoya then his next start does he bounce back.
If it's entire team then watch to see if they bounce back.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

what a no show by the whole team, one man team carey price,safe bet they win towmorrow night
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Canucks are being obliterated tonight by Toronto!

Well maybe next year or the year after that. I won't hold my breath!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbcJFWskZ7s

Nice. Max Domi knocks out Kesler with a single upper cut.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Poindexter wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbcJFWskZ7s

Nice. Max Domi knocks out Kesler with a single upper cut.

love ir max looked like his dad there :up:
max domi 5ft 10''
kesler 6ft 2''
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

I know it's too early to compare Auston Matthews with Patrik Laine but one thing I have noticed is that Matthews does not like to play a physical game. At 6'3 216 lbs he plays a very soft game and I think it bothers Leafs coach Mike Babcock big time. I first noticed his lack of committment when in a 7-3 loss to Tampa Bay that Steve Stamkos drill a Leaf player from behind into the boards where Matthews who was in the same corner did absublutely nothing which then led to a Lightning goal. Last week in that line brawl involving the Vancouver Canucks Matthews not only didn't drop his gloves but didn't even drop his stick when getting involved in the brawl. In last nights 7-0 loss against the Kings Matthews missed his check leading to a Kings goal if you saw the re-play was completely unacceptable. With only one point in his last 7 games Matthews after a great start things have not gone his way points wise while Laine scored his second three goal game of the season and had seven points in the Jets last three games. There're no doubt that Matthews has the talent but maybe a little bit of grit might be something he may want to put into his game. Laine did last night being involved in his first fight as a National Hockey League player.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:I know it's too early to compare Auston Matthews with Patrik Laine but one thing I have noticed is that Matthews does not like to play a physical game. At 6'3 216 lbs he plays a very soft game and I think it bothers Leafs coach Mike Babcock big time. I first noticed his lack of committment when in a 7-3 loss to Tampa Bay that Steve Stamkos drill a Leaf player from behind into the boards where Matthews who was in the same corner did absublutely nothing which then led to a Lightning goal. Last week in that line brawl involving the Vancouver Canucks Matthews not only didn't drop his gloves but didn't even drop his stick when getting involved in the brawl. In last nights 7-0 loss against the Kings Matthews missed his check leading to a Kings goal if you saw the re-play was completely unacceptable. With only one point in his last 7 games Matthews after a great start things have not gone his way points wise while Laine scored his second three goal game of the season and had seven points in the Jets last three games. There're no doubt that Matthews has the talent but maybe a little bit of grit might be something he may want to put into his game. Laine did last night being involved in his first fight as a National Hockey League player.

Wayne was not a fighter, turned out very well for him..... Connor does not appear to be a fighter either, of course with his speed he does not need to fight.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”