Radio Station Survey

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
twofingers
Board Meister

Radio Station Survey

Post by twofingers »

These are interesting statistics! CBC finally gets knocked out of first place.
When you add up all the market shares, it comes to 84.7%. Wonder what the other 15.3% of people listen to.
Maybe, like in real life, it's just static???
deedub
Fledgling

Re: Radio Station Survey

Post by deedub »

K96.3 , Kelowna's home of Repetitive Retro Rock . I think they have a play list of about 60 songs .
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

deedub wrote:K96.3 , Kelowna's home of Repetitive Retro Rock . I think they have a play list of about 60 songs .

OMG, they play Nick Guilder "Hot Child in the City" about 30 times a day. The guy was awful during the 70's and listening to him is no better today. You're absolutely right - they play the same 50 or 60 songs over and over again. It's horrible.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Caint teach an ol dawg new tricks...nor change one darned set in his ways...

No matter the survey results I'm stickin' to my guns and keepin' my dial set to CBC.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

techrtr wrote:
deedub wrote:K96.3 , Kelowna's home of Repetitive Retro Rock . I think they have a play list of about 60 songs .

OMG, they play Nick Guilder "Hot Child in the City" about 30 times a day. The guy was awful during the 70's and listening to him is no better today. You're absolutely right - they play the same 50 or 60 songs over and over again. It's horrible.

I agree, can almost set your clock by the same tunes. They certainly don't play a variety of Classic rock. There are so many tunes that could be played but no......

Weekends seem to be better, I am sure there are many who would want to see what they have to offer and pick out some 'real' Classic rock.
deedub
Fledgling

Post by deedub »

Yea , classics hits only ! Not a whole lot of variety .
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

twofingers wrote:These are interesting statistics! CBC finally gets knocked out of first place.
When you add up all the market shares, it comes to 84.7%. Wonder what the other 15.3% of people listen to.
Maybe, like in real life, it's just static???

I don't listen to radio - I have a playlist on my phone I listen to when I'm driving. At home if I want to listen to something I'll pull up a youtube channel I like. There's a really nice one with some beautiful relaxing music - mainly strings - that I prefer.

I find ads not only distracting but they heighten my anxiety levels, or just plain make me irritable.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My car's entertainment system has a 20G HD with all the songs I care about loaded on it. Haven't listened to a radio station in years...do they still have those? :D
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Radio in Kelowna sucks. When I'm driving around I listen to 96.3 because it sucks the least although they only play about 50 songs over and over. When I'm at work I listen to Rock 101 out of Vancouver. The difference between radio stations in the big centers as compared to hick towns like Kelowna is incredible.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Barney Google wrote:Caint teach an ol dawg new tricks...nor change one darned set in his ways...

No matter the survey results I'm stickin' to my guns and keepin' my dial set to CBC.

My only problem with CBC is that they are quite often in an interesting discussion when I'm pulling up to a house I have to go in and NOW, not when the discussion is over. So it's like, I get some of the story and then none of it. :-X
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:My car's entertainment system has a 20G HD with all the songs I care about loaded on it. Haven't listened to a radio station in years...do they still have those? :D

Exactly.
In my vehicle my ipod has 400+ songs on shuffle, at home its either internet radio or Shaw Stingray music.
I to have not listened to local radio in a couple of decades.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

CBC news, Talk radio thru Rogers(I like call-in shows), Sirius.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”