Bumper cars on icy roads

Home of the traffic rant.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Bumper cars on icy roads

Post by the truth »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#183417 really, might have to do with the main streets not being cleaned up, hwy97,hwy 33 was and were a joke over the weekend and this morning, and yes crappy drivers too
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Re: Bumper cars on icy roads

Post by Noisy Boater »

As a part time highways plow operator Hwy conditions were good considering the behavior of most Okanagan drivers. If you only were able to ride around for a nite you would sing a different tune. You do not have a clue.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Snarf
Übergod

Post by Snarf »

Too many drivers are asshats on the roads! SLOW DOWN and purchase some friggin tires!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Noisy Boater wrote:As a part time highways plow operator Hwy conditions were good considering the behavior of most Okanagan drivers. If you only were able to ride around for a nite you would sing a different tune. You do not have a clue.

lol lol i think not,the high traffic volume did your jobs -if you call this a good job,you have never lived anywere else in the winter
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#183417 really, might have to do with the main streets not being cleaned up, hwy97,hwy 33 was and were a joke over the weekend and this morning, and yes crappy drivers too

Me & my 4 cylinder car have no problem getting around. I contribute it to 2 main reasons.
1) I drive sensible & according to road conditions (I see many who drive like its still bare & dry)
2) traction with good winter tires
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I put on over 200k Yesterday between Kelowna and Vernon and various points around and between these
points.
This was in my personal vehicle.
I thought the roads were decent. Never slipped a tire.
I did witness some less than stellar driving antics and some poorly equipped vehicles for
the conditions though.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

I have lived in numerous areas of B.C. Traffic volume is both good and bad during snow fall. Lots of variables to consider. Arm chair experts still do not have a clue. Drive to road conditions leave 10 minutes earlier and be prepared with proper winter tires. And for god sakes clean the snow off all parts of your vehicle not just the drivers side windshield.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Thanks dbiker.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

GordonH wrote:Me & my 4 cylinder car have no problem getting around. I contribute it to 2 main reasons.
1) I drive sensible & according to road conditions (I see many who drive like its still bare & dry)
2) traction with good winter tires

I did over 350km today via 33 and 3 to Rossland/Castlegar. Roads were a bit slick, especially in the shaded corners. All in all, much better than I'd anticipated. I'm here in one piece in my little front wheel drive car. Good snow tires and some patience!
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Snarf wrote:Too many drivers are asshats on the roads! SLOW DOWN and purchase some friggin tires!

Its lack of skill mainly not tires....23 years on all seasons and zero incidents for this guy. People get overly confident with their fancy SUVs and what not....just cuz your ride is worth 60,70 80 100k plus does not mean its a safer vehicle if you're an idiot driver.
Sure do love Rutland!!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Someone was freaking because she had to drive up Black Mt. today. I said one little sentence that didn't seem to go over well, "do you have studded snow tires?"

Omigod! And when I said I have Winter tires someone else said, "who cares I want to live." Okay then :135:
I do not recall saying, "I get to drive like an idiot because I have Winters."

All in all, drove around Rutland all day pretty well, through snowbanks and in and out of tight parking. Not bad at all.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

I was all over today as well and the only really bad spot I encountered was on Benvolin, just before the Springfield intersection ( heading north ). Because it was not right at the lights, it wasn't sanded and it was a sheet of ice.
Other than that, things weren't too bad really - a few slick spots at intersections, but all of the roads were decent.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Now that we've had a little melt from the sun and it's minus 14, expect tomorrow will be another challenge for some All-Season people.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Its typical winter driving and snowclearing efforts..
However some folks get bent, EVERY year, when their personal route, does not get cleaned up perfectly with a bricklayers trowel.. Ooohhh snow on my route..lets start a thread about it..
Doesnt much matter, they are going to start a thread about something..anyway...

Sure wish I knew what they did for work...it must be to the HIGHEST level of Perfection attainable... Is the impression I keep getting.
Oh well , no sense in missing a year...complaining about the snowclearing efforts..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:
Sure wish I knew what they did for work...it must be to the HIGHEST level of Perfection attainable... I

Hammer - Meet Nail.

You know me, I've said it for years.
If people showed the same attentiveness to their work/job/career as they do to their driving.
They would be UNEMPLOYABLE!!!!!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”