Satanism growing in America?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Satanism growing in America?

Post by JonyDarko »

So I am 30 years old, I am considered an atheist, and I choose to shop as little as often. Especially at certain corporations.

What about this makes me immature?

I always thought the people who never question anything, and who also think walmart is the best store ever, were the under developed ones.
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

For the sake of detail it's worth mentioning that satanism is as repelling to me as Christianity is. I have a mild curiosity towards all or at least most religions from a cultural point. However I do not think any of them are fully correct, especially when it comes to supernatural claims.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

And growing.....

It looks like only Christians are protesting? What about leftists that want to separate religion and state?

Where is the outrage from the left????

Tacoma elementary school hosts first After School Satan Club

TACOMA, Wash. -- Amid public outrage, the Point Defiance Elementary School held the first After School Satan Club meeting on Wednesday evening.

“There’s an increase of Satanism in our country and in our culture,” said protester John Ritchie.

More than two-dozen people crowded the streets outside the Tacoma elementary school early in the day to protest the new program.

After school, the After School Satan Club arrived giving one parent the opportunity to voice her concerns.

“Satan, why did you guys choose that name,” asked Lani Vaiolo?

“We are Satanists,” said one of the members.

“So you worship the devil?”

“No. But we are a religion.”

The After School Satan Club is now a part of 10 communities across the country, countering Christian clubs.

And the Tacoma Public Schools told KOMO News that the school district could not legally turn away the controversial club.

“There’s a state law and a Supreme Court decision that says we have to make our facilities available to any organization, regardless of their beliefs,” said Dan Voepel, executive director ofcCommunications for Tacoma Public Schools.

Fewer than 20 kids and parents showed up to the After School Satan Club meeting.

“This is still a victory, said Erin Botello, a club educator.

“You are here. There are cameras all over. This is still what we need. This is still the platform that we need to say that what we’re doing is important.”

The After School Satan Club has six more meetings scheduled at Point Defiance Elementary throughout the school year.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I wonder... if Satanism overtook Christianity, would everyone start blaming Satan instead of God for all the bad things?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

zzontar wrote:I wonder... if Satanism overtook Christianity, would everyone start blaming Satan instead of God for all the bad things?

Good question? Might happen.....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Captain Awesome wrote:Most people I've met who are into Satanism are awkward teenagers who just want to rebel against something - sometimes they rebel against authority, sometimes they rebel against corporations, and sometimes they rebel against Christianity. In that case, their rebellion turns into Satanism but they wouldn't give two craps about Satanism, they just want to be against something established and put their teenage angst to use.

But it all passes once they grow up. Mind you, there are some 30-40-50 year olds still walking around who never mentally grew up, and they still rebel against things - like authority, corporations, and Christianity.

I miss Captain Awesome every once in a while with a yearning to once again see his post style emerge again.

Here's a post laying out the simplicity he used to convey the message. And yes, I suspect he's correct. That rebelling against something is better than standing up for something for some people.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

why would a rational thinking human raise an alarm over imaginary beliefs joe ? im .ore concerned with trump supporters . they seem to be evil and inbred
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Captain Awesome wrote:But it all passes once they grow up. Mind you, there are some 30-40-50 year olds still walking around who never mentally grew up, and they still rebel against things - like authority, corporations, and Christianity.

Most children grow out of believing in imaginary beings too. That you think someone or thing has authority over you is not very mature at all. Corporations are at the heart of the destruction of the planet but somehow you think not revering them is somehow immature is also quite telling. And well, Christianity has nothing to do with the teaching of Christ and everything to do with the misguided ranting of Paul. Most Christians ignore the teachings of Jesus. It has become the religion about Jesus instead of the religion of Jesus. Perhaps your ruminations are intended to be sarcastic. If not, it is still good reverse psychology.

Oh, and BTW, Lucifer was "The Light Barer" and Jesus was "The Light Barer". Coincidence or cosmic mix up? Quite possibly one and the same.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

cliffy1 wrote:Oh, and BTW, Lucifer was "The Light Barer" and Jesus was "The Light Barer". Coincidence or cosmic mix up? Quite possibly one and the same.

More confusion because of the King James translation. It's an interesting topic so I'd like to share some of what I've found when researching it:

First of all, using the word "lucifer" in Isaiah 14 makes no sense since it is a Latin name in a Hebrew text. In Roman astronomy the name Lucifer (bearer of light) was given to the morning star which we now know by another Roman name, Venus, because the appearance of Venus heralds the rising of the sun. If you look into it you will find that many Bible scholars actually believe that Isaiah is, in fact, referring metaphorically to the Babylonian king in this verse who has fallen from his great power and splendour. Most other translations do not render the Hebrew word here as Lucifer, they use "morning star" or "shining star" and you probably won't find the word Lucifer anywhere else in the Bible in the KJV or any other translation.

For instance:
Isaiah 14:12 How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

Many people automatically think that the name Lucifer is another name for Satan because that's what we've all been told at some point. It's ironic that "bearer of light", "morning star", is assumed to be another name for the prince of darkness. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Lucifer = Satan but it does say that Satan masquerades himself as an angel of light.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Four New York Churches Spray Painted With ‘Hail Satan’ Graffiti

Vandals sprayed satanic graffiti on four Long Island churches in New York over Father’s Day weekend, police said Sunday.

Police are investigating the pentagrams and “hail Satan” graffiti as a hate crime, saying vandals spray painted three churches Friday and another sometime Saturday, PIX-11 reports. The four churches, Shaw Temple A.M.E. Zion Church, the Gospel Church, the Amityville Full Gospel Tabernacle, and the Prayer Tabernacle Church of God in Christ, are all within a mile of each other. All four churches removed the graffiti before Sunday services.

“They must have a vendetta,” Walter Willie, pastor of the Prayer Tabernacle church, told the New York Post. “To attack a place of healing, a place that helps people in time of great need — whoever did this has hurt in their heart.”

Three of the churches are Pentecostal, and one is predominantly black, the New York Post reported.

https://stream.org/four-new-york-church ... -graffiti/

youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Sounds like teens acting out. Doesn't sound anything like satanism.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

youjustcomplain wrote:Sounds like teens acting out. Doesn't sound anything like satanism.

Never of course.... :dash:

What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Four New York Churches Spray Painted With ‘Hail Satan’ Graffiti

So that's where whatwhat disappears to.... :runforlife: :runforlife:
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

What_the wrote:So that's where whatwhat disappears to.... :runforlife: :runforlife:

I mean, I am glad that satanism (thanks to those liberal values) is really starting to spread but vandalism??

No thank-you! Satan would be disappointed..
hail Satan y'all
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Honk against Satan!’: Hundreds of Catholics protest Satanic statue in Minnesota

The protest comes after a religious freedom group pushed for the removal of a 2ft statue of a soldier, known to locals as ‘Joe’, kneeling in front of a cross. The site of the statue, which is meant to emphasise the divisions of church and state, was subsequently designated a ‘Free Speech Zone’ by the city council.

However, following the designation, the Satanic Temple proposed erecting their own monument inside the zone.

https://www.rt.com/usa/396476-satanic-s ... sota-park/

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”