Slay Christmas, you know you wanna

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Slay Christmas, you know you wanna

Post by MAPearce »

For the 8 minutes it took the kids to unwrap the presents it took us TWO HOURS to wrap , I'd say slay Christmas..

But they joy of hanging with my bestest bud ( wife) while having a nog or two and anticipating the kids joy makes it clear to me that Christmas is indeed for all..

Kids get the joy from the loot they get and the parents get the joy from the kids ..

And we all benefit from being together during AND after ( the walk to the store for 20 bucks in batteries that we could have got at the dollar store )..

I still like Christmas .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

So Okay, Christmas was saved. Ho Ho HO!

Snow and lights. This is the first year I can think of that we didn't go out to photograph the neighbours Christmas light display, so we'll remedy that tonight.

Who is out Boxing Day shopping today? We're going to be replacing a sofa with side by side lazy-boy type chairs.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Queen K wrote:So Okay, Christmas was saved. Ho Ho HO!

Snow and lights. This is the first year I can think of that we didn't go out to photograph the neighbours Christmas light display, so we'll remedy that tonight.

Who is out Boxing Day shopping today? We're going to be replacing a sofa with side by side lazy-boy type chairs.

You go pokin any of yer picher machines thru my lookin winders, I'll be fixin on shootin em out with my scatter gun.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

A wuz hopin' to git me anoh'r nakid one for ol' times sake.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Queen K wrote:So how is Christmas working out for everyone today?

It's like this. Christmas is a good day. No matter how hard greedy people try to screw it up,
some people still do something nicer on Christmas than they would do normally, and that makes it worth it.
Christmas should never disappear.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Love my family, love getting together. Love being able to get communication going, even if some of it was rather pointed. :admin:
I haven't failed until I quit.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

I received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary.

Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. I tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to 'clean up' the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, I was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. I shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even more rude. In desperation, I threw up my hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.

Fearing that I'd hurt the parrot, I quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto my outstretched arms and said:

"I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

I was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.

As I was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird spoke-up, very softly:

"May I ask what the turkey did?"

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I want to know who raked in what loot?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Queen K wrote:I want to know who raked in what loot?

Some White Cedar Grilling Planks and a hun erd bux.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I returned all my gifts except the booze and got almost a thousand bucks from them.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Bman wrote:I returned all my gifts except the booze and got almost a thousand bucks from them.

Such a humbug! Santa should deliver nothing but coal for you :1422:
summerlandab

Post by summerlandab »

I gave up on the whole December circus years ago. It is a relief to not get tangled up in the cooking cleaning buying wrapping decorating visiting driving etc etc. I have family I love and can be with at any time, to pressure them into driving in the worst weather for a day or two or driving myself to them with the same risks, not smart. Spend all day checking on a meal that is gone in 1/2 hour, not worth it. We are all well taken care of, buying more is needless. The kids don't need anything either. The religion side of it? That's a load of.........Coal. December 25 is the day that comes after the 24. And New year's Eve? Getting bent out of shape to hang up a new calendar is overkill. I celebrate what I feel like celebrating, not what the date on the calendar says I need to.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

BUMP

Worth noting: for once in five years I did not start a new anti-thesis of Christmas thread.

But just for research sake, who just wanted Christmas to be canceled? I'm not talking about the obvious tragic news we've had here, Oak Bay and Calgary, God rest their precious souls, but rather personally.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Not I, we had a perfectly lovely and low key Christmas.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Queen K wrote:I want to know who raked in what loot?

The retail stores raked in the most loot. Then the credit card companies. And the banks.
And even the government raked in loot from the taxes paid on the stuff people bought that
will end up in the garbage in a few years.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.

Return to “Social Concerns”