Chatting back and forth

A potpourri of off-topics.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Chatting back and forth

Post by ferri »

It dawned on me today that we don't have a blabbing thread! We really do need this. This sort of thread is where we have come up with some of our brightest ideas. [icon_lol2.gif] It's also where we have gotten to know each other better!
There is no topic, so you won't get in trouble for making silly remarks. :)

Now, I have to go finish freezing half to death. I've been working on it for a few days now. :crazy:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
perspicacious
Board Meister

Re: Chatting back and forth

Post by perspicacious »

Over the holidays I tend to try and pay it forward to some charity or to individuals who are less fortunate. This year I did the same by volunteering time and donating things I could have sold but decided to give away. During the process I met a lady that I recognized from where I grew up who had reached out to me to help her neighbour who has very little. Small world! Have met some of the kindest people I would have otherwise never met this year.
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

How cool is that? :D Did the lady remember you?

I've pretty much spent the last several days shoveling snow so my dad doesn't have to. :biggrin: He doesn't complain!
― Albert Einstein
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Looks like I'll be nursemaid - husband is down with the flu. Seems to be bad this year - good thing I get the shot.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Lady tehMa wrote:Looks like I'll be nursemaid - husband is down with the flu. Seems to be bad this year - good thing I get the shot.
Did your husband not get the shot? My wife never does but I do. I got the pneumococcal vaccination and the shingles vaccine (Zostavax) as well but my wife elected not to get those either. She doesn't try to talk me out of getting these shots and I don't try to talk her into getting them so it all works out - LOL. I hope your husband is feeling better soon.
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

ferri wrote:How cool is that? :D Did the lady remember you?!

No, but it's the type of place where everyone knows someone that knows someone that you know. The lady has texted me a few times since. We are going to reconnect in the spring as I'm donating a bedroom set to her retired neighbour who is sleeping on a hideaway bed. Seniors should not have to do this.
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Oh man. I just went outside to check the weather and found a dark eyed junco on the patio. I picked it up and it hopped right up on my finger and snuggled down. LOL I stayed out there until I was almost frozen. I finally got a warm towel and put it on a table in the gazebo and put the little birdy on there. As soon as I thaw out I'll go out and check on it.
I tried a couple of times to put it in a tree and it would hop backwards into my hand. LOL
― Albert Einstein
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Urbane wrote:
    Lady tehMa wrote:Looks like I'll be nursemaid - husband is down with the flu. Seems to be bad this year - good thing I get the shot.
Did your husband not get the shot? My wife never does but I do. I got the pneumococcal vaccination and the shingles vaccine (Zostavax) as well but my wife elected not to get those either. She doesn't try to talk me out of getting these shots and I don't try to talk her into getting them so it all works out - LOL. I hope your husband is feeling better soon.

Husband rarely gets sick. He says "never", but "rarely" is more accurate. Because of this he never gets the shot. I have a depressed immune system so as per my dr.'s recommendation I always get it. And now my daughter is also down with it! Really glad I got that shot! Husband is not a huge vaccine fan, but he's not an antivaxxer either - he doesn't talk to me about it and I just go get what I need.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

ferri wrote:Oh man. I just went outside to check the weather and found a dark eyed junco on the patio. I picked it up and it hopped right up on my finger and snuggled down. LOL I stayed out there until I was almost frozen. I finally got a warm towel and put it on a table in the gazebo and put the little birdy on there. As soon as I thaw out I'll go out and check on it.
I tried a couple of times to put it in a tree and it would hop backwards into my hand. LOL

That is so cool! Would love to see a pic of the little fellow if he's still there. Did you get him some seed?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I just checked on him, he seems more alert now. He pecked at the towel when I started talking to him. LOL So I petted his little head and he was flipping his head around like I was a bug. I snuggled the towel around him a little more, he seems more alert. I think I should get dressed before I go out again. That wind goes right through jammies and crocs. hahaha

He looks just like this, but with an attitude now! :D

http://cdn1.arkive.org/media/72/72B5417 ... -junco.jpg
― Albert Einstein
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We even have a Male Duck eating our seed. It was funny watching him try and get into the enclosure (we have the area fenced off so Foxy can't get at the seeds that drop). He finally figured out how to fly over and drop inside the area.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

hahaha! How cute! I bet Foxy doesn't think it's amusing though.
― Albert Einstein
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

She doesn't even notice any more. It's been up for a couple of years.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

That Foxy is something else. LOL

I just went and checked on the bird. It got back in my hand and tried to fly away but can't do it yet. Everytime I go check on him he seems a little stronger. I put some bird seed out there for him too and he didn't want it. He just wanted to perch on my finger. haha what a cute little guy.
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

***UPDATE*** [icon_lol2.gif]

The little guy has gotten off the table and is now huddled under the porch. I only know this because I saw his little tracks in the snow. I don't know if he is going to be okay or not. :( Poor little guy.
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Grab Bag”