Who do you miss?

A potpourri of off-topics.
4-Fishing

Re: Who do you miss?

Post by 4-Fishing »

Lady tehMa wrote:It could be someone from the board, or in real life.

I miss Jo. I also never thought I'd say this (we never saw eye-to-eye) but I also miss GrammaFreddy.

I didn't know her for long but I wish she'd return , she's very much missed here .

Jo , we love you .
Today is the day before tomorrow
Frosty Tea

Post by Frosty Tea »

I miss the old days when playing Atari was fun! Remember this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb10GmhYI9A
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I miss people more than I miss things. Certainly the posters that have left and completely gone create a void that doesn't get filled. I especially miss my friends, family and dogs that have passed away.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Baba Oreilly is well, far as I know..usually run into her ,bout once a year..have a quick chat..
Onestop was around a while back..the picture of his Monkey ...that was Freaking Awesome...
He lives South of here, posts in the other section.

I met many cool people a few years back at the G2G,s.. We are trying to have one soon...
I think that keeping the notice off the Central Okanagan page...is really hurting the chances of getting people together for another one..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

My dad. He would have been 81 today.
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ka-el. I was perusing a few older threads as I sometimes do and looking at how we used to talk, it all came rushing in.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

Spring, sun, aroma of flora, the sounds of birds in the mornings, early morning walks after a night of light showers...

Oh wait!!! This is a 'who' not 'what' forum. Winter has been here too long...
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

I miss my mom. She passed away February 2nd of this year. I miss being able to talk to her and tell her how my day was. She was an amazing woman who would have given a complet stranger the shirt off her back if it was needed. She had 3 brain tumors and kidney cancer and would still always have a smile on her face.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

gsc wrote:I miss my mom. She passed away February 2nd of this year. I miss being able to talk to her and tell her how my day was. She was an amazing woman who would have given a complet stranger the shirt off her back if it was needed. She had 3 brain tumors and kidney cancer and would still always have a smile on her face.

I'm so sorry to hear that gsc. :(
I haven't failed until I quit.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Thak you. Its been a really rough start to the new year but we are still getting by. Her passing had been a long struggle and she managed to fight for about a year and a half. We miss her very much but know she is in a better place watching down on us.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

gsc wrote:Thak you. Its been a really rough start to the new year but we are still getting by. Her passing had been a long struggle and she managed to fight for about a year and a half. We miss her very much but know she is in a better place watching down on us.

I'm glad you have that comfort.

Grief is different for each individual - don't let anyone tell you how to handle it.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Lady tehMa wrote:
gsc wrote:Thak you. Its been a really rough start to the new year but we are still getting by. Her passing had been a long struggle and she managed to fight for about a year and a half. We miss her very much but know she is in a better place watching down on us.

I'm glad you have that comfort.

Grief is different for each individual - don't let anyone tell you how to handle it.

Yeah my son took it really bad and we all are trying to be strong for him as well. Thankfully no one has tried yet to tell me how I should feel because I don't know If I could stay polite and calm. I have a feeling my mouth would start before my brain would kick in.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Jo has moved on from Modding, and is (I believe) spending more time with her grandson. She doesn't post but I do hear rumours she may lurk from time to time.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Missing Atomoa.

NOT that we always agreed or got a long.
I do miss his intellect however.
And hope he's coming back.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Nibs
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Grab Bag”