Shot by police during theft, Begging for money

Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Shot by police during theft, Begging for money

Post by Hassel99 »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#187650

The gofund me page is pathetic. The comments are right on spot.

I am not allowed to link to gofund me on the forums, but its in the news story (how odd is that)
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Shot by police during theft, Begging for money

Post by Even Steven »

On one side GoFundMe is becoming such BS. People start their causes out of nowhere. I should start a GoFundMe page next time I drop a sandwich and feel sad about losing perfectly good portion of peanut butter.

But at the same time who cares if people want to donate their money. It's their money.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Even Steven wrote:On one side GoFundMe is becoming such BS. People start their causes out of nowhere. I should start a GoFundMe page next time I drop a sandwich and feel sad about losing perfectly good portion of peanut butter.

But at the same time who cares if people want to donate their money. It's their money.

Couldn't agree more on the GFM pages. Drives me crazy when someone loses their contents in a fire and they have no insurance but want other people to pay.... :cuss: For the family of e guy that got shot, police are trained to kill, not "slow down" a suspect...
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

As usual there's going to be a lot more to this story and if people want to support the guy then so be it. Free country.

Here's a quote from a Vernon radio's station report of the same incident:

"Cindy Winter makes the claim in a Facebook post, saying her 22 year old son Kaymen Winter was shot in the head and shoulder and may have brain damage.

“So this is what i know….he was in salmon arm (sic) at the car wash in one of the wash bays….cops pulled up and i don’t know what happened,” Mrs. Winters writes on Facebook.

Mrs. Winter also says her son did not have a weapon."

Even she states she doesn't know what happened. Suspend judgement till the facts come out.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

From the cops..............“Police attended the car wash located in the 2300 block of 10th Avenue SW and located the suspect, a lone male, in one of the wash bays,” stated a press release. “He attempted to escape in a vehicle and an altercation resulted in shots fired by police.

From the guy's sister..........."They shot at him over 15 time with assault rifles, riddled his truck with bullet holes and thankfully they only hit him twice."

Her story doesn't ring true to me.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

gordon_as wrote:From the cops..............“Police attended the car wash located in the 2300 block of 10th Avenue SW and located the suspect, a lone male, in one of the wash bays,” stated a press release. “He attempted to escape in a vehicle and an altercation resulted in shots fired by police.

From the guy's sister..........."They shot at him over 15 time with assault rifles, riddled his truck with bullet holes and thankfully they only hit him twice."

Exactly, can't believe they missed that many times if true! [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

gordon_as wrote:From the cops..............“Police attended the car wash located in the 2300 block of 10th Avenue SW and located the suspect, a lone male, in one of the wash bays,” stated a press release. “He attempted to escape in a vehicle and an altercation resulted in shots fired by police.

looking at the police marked bullet casings in the news picture crime scene there was ELEVEN shown ? pretty sure it was a police issued side arm and not a side arm but all that aside the guy was unarmed in his truck
Iam pretty right wing ultra conservative but so far from what I see this cop was ridiculous and we just don't need cops like this in society today
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

From what you "see?"

What do you see? How can you come up with an opinion on the type of police officer the person was based on a picture of a scene?

You weren't there at all and are basing your opinion on a picture and coming up with what happened and the quality of the police officer that was actually there.

First off the only report is that the officer's weapon was the only one seized there. Does that mean the guy didn't have another weapon of any type? The guy, by the admission of family, was no angel.

The latest report was that the family said "he was on his way to deal with a warrant in the lower mainland."

He couldn't turn himself in at the countless other police stations in BC? Was the car even his? Why were the police called to the car wash to begin with? All valid questions that need to be answered.

If they had to draw weapons then I'm pretty sure there is much more to the story then whats been told and ALL the information is from the person and family of the person that was shot.

To judge the quality of a police officer based on an opinion of a photo just seems silly.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Can a vehicle be considered a lethal weapon?

Something tells me: Yes.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Yes it can and likely was viewed as such here. Any comments I have regarding the nature of this person and his family would be negative and therefore I am going to enact the "momma always said, if you aint got nothin good ta say......" rule.

Love Vegas' post though if that's any indication of my feelings.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Hard to believe the biz doesn't have a video of all this?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

say what you want;; believe what you want ;its my opinion based on what police have said and media pictures
position of the police car against the truck. eleven spent cartridges from the police gun,absense of any other weapons
other than police at the scene; non violent previous/present charge against the victim etc this was a bad shooting
by a rogue cop whom went crazy with the hand gun(buck fever)
we see this all too often in BC and Canada in general and 99% of the time the cop gets away with it trough the
beaurocracy of the institution.
THis kid is a :cuss: there no one denying such but this is not a justified shooting and most certainly not ELEVEN shots
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

kgcayenne wrote:Can a vehicle be considered a lethal weapon?

Bingo.
On a different forum
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

kgcayenne wrote:Can a vehicle be considered a lethal weapon?

Yes, if the officers lives are in danger (ie the guy was trying to ram the police vehicle or run over police officers), they open fire.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Chyren wrote:Why were the police called to the car wash to begin with?

From the news report:
officers responded to a report of a theft in progress

He was wanted for skipping a court appearance back on the 10th (plenty of time to turn himself in).
http://nanaimonewsnow.com/article/52242 ... -out-court
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “North Okanagan”