Shot by police during theft, Begging for money

Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: Shot by police during theft, Begging for money

Post by Hassel99 »

The go fund me page has been removed.

Maybe there is hope for that family after all.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Hassel99 wrote:The go fund me page has been removed.

Wonder if they will return the funds! [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Chyren wrote:The latest report was that the family said "he was on his way to deal with a warrant in the lower mainland.

How strange...Salmon Arm isn't exactly on the way to the lower mainland when you're living in Kamloops.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Directionally stunted criminal.

Still trying to clear up the picture of the "roague" cop in my mind.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that if I had a gun and someone was trying to run me over and I could avoid that happening, Bang bang. Sort out the details later.
Last edited by mexi cali on Feb 3rd, 2017, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

dontrump wrote:say what you want;; believe what you want ;its my opinion based on what police have said and media pictures
position of the police car against the truck. eleven spent cartridges from the police gun,absense of any other weapons
other than police at the scene; non violent previous/present charge against the victim etc this was a bad shooting
by a rogue cop whom went crazy with the hand gun(buck fever)
we see this all too often in BC and Canada in general and 99% of the time the cop gets away with it trough the
beaurocracy of the institution.
THis kid is a :cuss: there no one denying such but this is not a justified shooting and most certainly not ELEVEN shots

When do we see this too often in Canada? Wow that's quite the statement. You seem to act as if its "guns a blazing" in Canada everyday. The reason it makes news here is because it almost NEVER happens. If we got all the shootings in the US in our news feeds it would basically dominate our news.

There were already over 200 gun deaths in the US on the very first day of 2017!

http://www.vox.com/2017/1/5/14168440/20 ... nce-deaths

As for your comment on "the cop gets away with it" well again how do you figure? Cops don't MURDER people, you just continue to show you base your already anti-police opinion on the one sided reports without looking deeper and asking yourself grown up questions.

So your overall opinion ends with the fact you feel its not a justified shooting, based on zero real information, using a photo, counting casing, and weren't actually there?

If the guy was driving at you trying to kill you exactly how many rounds do you feel is justified when you're defending your own life? Stop watching Cop shows and go down your your local cop shop and ask about shooting under stress or look it up online.
Mind_Bomb

Post by Mind_Bomb »

Hassel99 wrote:The go fund me page has been removed.

The GoFundMe page is still there... $732 collected of the requested $3000.

The Ministry of Justice for BC provides a website called Court Services Online that is open to the public and free. It contains a lot of information regarding those who have been involved in the criminal court system (and civil). If you search this man's criminal history in BC, you'll find it's quite extensive. This website doesn't report charges from other provinces so if he's been in any kind of trouble while in Alberta, it would not show on BC's website. In any event, he is no stranger to the criminal justice system or just an "innocent kid who's made a few mistakes" as his family implies.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

As for your comment on "the cop gets away with it" well again how do you figure? Cops don't MURDER people, you just continue to show you base your already anti-police opinion on the one sided reports without looking deeper and asking yourself grown up questions.

So your overall opinion ends with the fact you feel its not a justified shooting, based on zero real information, using a photo, counting casing, and weren't actually there?

If the guy was driving at you trying to kill you exactly how many rounds do you feel is justified when you're defending your own life? Stop watching Cop shows and go down your your local cop shop and ask about shooting under stress or look it up online.

the guy was not driving at a cop trying to kill him,The cop was right up against the guys truck with the cop suv so it was going nowhere. I would fire zero rounds at this point in time.If I was so chickened livered I felt I had to shoot maybe one or two well aimed shots would suffice
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

So you of course have extensive training in conflict resolution?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

mexicalidreamer wrote:So you of course have extensive training in conflict resolution?

yes I do and it does not involve shooting eleven 9 mm shots at a unarmed suspect
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

dontrump wrote:the guy was not driving at a cop trying to kill him,The cop was right up against the guys truck with the cop suv so it was going nowhere. I would fire zero rounds at this point in time.If I was so chickened livered I felt I had to shoot maybe one or two well aimed shots would suffice

The guy who "was going nowhere" managed to push the police SUV back a good 30 feet from the exit door of the wash bay. If the man truly had no intention of going anywhere, then he would have complied with the polices' orders, which he obviously did not.

Weapon Defined
Section 2 of the Criminal Code includes the definition of weapon:

“Weapon” means any thing used, designed to be used or intended for use

(a) in causing death or injury to any person, or
(b) for the purpose of threatening or intimidating any person
and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, includes a firearm.
Attachments
IMG_0505.JPG
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

no one said the guys not a criminal but looking at the past hes a non violent criminal so to speak and he was unarmed
the cop was wrong to unleash 11 9mm shots at and into this kid
Cops have killed several people over the last few years that were totally unjustified yet the protective society the cops live in
nothing ever gets done about it
greg matters come to mind and the worst of the worst in BC was a young kid in houston bc
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

dontrump wrote:no one said the guys not a criminal but looking at the past hes a non violent criminal so to speak and he was unarmed
the cop was wrong to unleash 11 9mm shots at and into this kid
Cops have killed several people over the last few years that were totally unjustified yet the protective society the cops live in
nothing ever gets done about it. Man, are you ever out of touch.
greg matters come to mind and the worst of the worst in BC was a young kid in houston bc

And of course the police knew for a certainty that A) He is a non-violent" criminal so to speak. B) he was unarmed. So, given all of that valuable in advance information, you are right and they should have simply marched right up to that non-violent criminal who was obviously unarmed and told him in no uncertain terms using their most authoritative voices mind you, to "come down outta that truck right now young man" followed by "just wait til your daddy gets home".

Endanger a police officers life with a truck and you get the business end of the bullet. Bang bang.

And this coming from a guy who has been critical in the past regarding police handling of some well publicized out of control situations. Huh! Who woulda thought.

Remind me to not be anywhere near you if you were ever relied upon to do some split second conflict resolution.

I'm starting to think that you sir/maam may be nothing more than a troll given the ridiculousness of your statements.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

like said eleven shots is purely ridiculous and uncalled for;; the cop clearly was a poor shot (lucky for the victim)and had what we call buck fever. Cops need to use better judgement although guys like this Clearly lack that and really should not be a cop based on this awful performance . :200:
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

dontrump wrote:like said eleven shots is purely ridiculous and uncalled for;; the cop clearly was a poor shot (lucky for the victim)and had what we call buck fever. Cops need to use better judgement although guys like this Clearly lack that and really should not be a cop based on this awful performance . :200:

So you're deciding this cop is a bad cop based on the number of shots he took????

What if he/she is involved in his community, coaches youth teams, is involved in his/her church, is a good father/mother, great role model to youth, and any other good things?

I guess if he's a bad shot then he's/she's a bad cop? <----sarcasm.

Wow. :200:
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

The rule is: IF you are going to shoot, keep shooting until the danger is no longer a danger anymore.

It's not about the number of shots, it's about eliminating the threat.
Last edited by w84u2 on Feb 6th, 2017, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.

Return to “North Okanagan”