Mary Kills People

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Mary Kills People

Post by Queen K »

Tomorrow night, right? Will be watching too.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

The show sucks.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

There was only one so far. And the way that 14 yr old kid turned into a freakkin' lawyer was awe inspiring.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
spooker

Post by spooker »

Queen K wrote:There was only one so far. And the way that 14 yr old kid turned into a freakkin' lawyer was awe inspiring.

Reminds those of us with kids that they are always watching ... I cringe sometimes when my daughter talks because I recognize where she got that phrase ...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Spooker, how was it for you last night?

I thought they rushed the plot a bit with her and the undercover cop. And that whole "take off your shirt scene" gawwwddd.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Queen K wrote:I thought they rushed the plot a bit with her and the undercover cop. And that whole "take off your shirt scene" gawwwddd.

I agree with you on both of those points ... but the way the officer was being pushed and then pushing her had to quickly turn that around since she couldn't be that foolish and still continue the rest of the show

The successful cases go to quickly ... they gloss over all the thoughts that gets someone to the point of requesting her services ... the daughter issue is developing at a nice pace ... wonder if the cat will be allowed to live ...

Continuing to follow it ... I'm giving it a 7/10 so far ...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:200: I never thought the cat should die. But cats always turn up, where they used to live......nooooooooooo run, kitty, run!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Obviously I missed an episode, but here I am, fresh outta episode five. Omigod, did things get messy or is it just me?

No spoilers, k?

Did kitty die in episode four? Someone PM me, k?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Is this really about assisted suicide, or is it just a "romance" between an attractive female doctor and a cop?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

In last nights episode it became about the ethics of helping people with what they want and if one should take money for it. In this case, a valuable guitar as a downpayment or $10,000 cash.

I'd say the cop/Mary romance is just for comedy as the ridiculas idea that he had a brain tumour was dispensed with pretty quickly.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Definitely $10,000 is practically a ransom for letting someone exit this world peacefully. I guess you could argue it's a high risk operation, but surely Mary really wants to "help people", or is she just saving for her retirement plan?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Okay, you haven't seen any of the episodes?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

I've seen three of them, but for some reason I am finding it difficult to get interested. Maybe the acting or plot is just not very convincing, not sure why.
I still think $10,000 is a lot of money considering she claims she just wants to help people.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I believe the 10K is the key. If she wasn't charging, would she be more angelic? Does the money make the difference?

But more to the point, if it's wrong for her, then how could it be right for doctors who arent' getting paid extra?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

It's certainly a potential source of income for doctors who want to specialize in it, although the paperwork (interviews, consults, etc) would add to the cost. Which these two so far seem to do a quick look at their file, a few minutes sharing their love of music, amidst labored breathing, etc. The point being I guess that these people are on the way out, lived past expectations already, and are done. THere is probably no shortage of people who would line up for the service if it was provided. Would it come under health care? because it isn't. So who would pay for it, if the "patient" (who is not a patient at all) cannot afford the bucks for the workup, paperwork, and actual killing? Once it;s legalized, doesn't mean it's accessible, so will it be someone's right, or just for rich people (who I'm pretty sure can already arrange a quick exit if they want to).

Return to “Social Concerns”