Netflix on a rainy day.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Netflix on a rainy day.

Post by Queen K »

John Wick has been recommended. Anyone else recommend it?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Queen K wrote:John Wick has been recommended. Anyone else recommend it?

I enjoyed it - it is a fairly bloody movie though.

As I understand it, a couple of guys sent Keanu Reeves their script and he said "I like it, I'll make this movie with you." For a Hollywood movie this was considered low budget, but it really doesn't look it.

There is one moment in it that I really did NOT like - if you watch it you'll know what I mean. But aside from that, it's a pretty good action flick.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

I concur with lady. Great movie.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Agree. Entertaining movie if you're not looking for anything deeper than "karmas a b***h".
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We watched the story of Paul Potts last night. No matter how many set backs he had, we knew the ending anyways, so it was good going. Not too sentimental either.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Queen K wrote:John Wick has been recommended. Anyone else recommend it?

tons of action
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I got hooked on The Office.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Great show, I'm suprised there isn't a spin-off from it. I plan to re-watch it and bing when doing it.

Another re-watch is Mad Men.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Hitler - A Career
"Examines Hitler's talent for manipulation, psychology and image."

My wife and I may be the last to see this because apparently it's been around since 1977, either way if you haven't seen it be warned, it's includes alot of unedited footage of what went on during the holocaust.

Reminded me why it's important not to forget and makes me wonder if there is more than a little intent to shut people up behind the creation of Godwins Law. There are still have many parts of the world where thier leaders control the media and when enough people are manipulated, peer pressure gets ahold of the rest. One part near the end of the documentary really highlights this where they show footage of the horror on the faces of common German folk who were forced to walk through the camps after the war. Average people who were made complacent because of fear or manipulation, coming to grips with what they didn't want to accept was occurring right under their noses.

Not easy to watch but very well done and worth while.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

I just rewatched the first three seasons of Bates Motel and then caught up on the fourth season, which I'd missed entirely. This is the fifth and final season...oh so good. I discovered after the fact it was almost entirely shot in Aldergrove. It would have been cool to see the set before they tore it down.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Santa Clarita Diet is hilarious. I haven't laughed so hard since I watched Galavant on Netflix. We're also watching Riverdale. I'm enjoying it.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

JLives wrote:Santa Clarita Diet is hilarious. I haven't laughed so hard since I watched Galavant on Netflix. We're also watching Riverdale. I'm enjoying it.

yup santa clarita diet is funny :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

I love crime drama's and lately I've been binging on the british and international ones. The Fall was fantastic. It had what appeared at first to be a slow start, but it just kept building and building until I couldn't stop watching. I'm still processing the ending. Broadchurch is fantastic and I highly recommend. I just started watching Shetland and on my 'to watch' list is Happy Valley, River, The Bridge, Line of Duty, Silk, and Death in Paradise.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

If you are a older music (rock or blues) fan, check out a new (2017) documentary about Joe Cocker on Netflix............EXCELLANT!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I'm a couple of episodes into Marco Polo on a recommendation from my brother. It's holding my interest so far, set in a period in history that hasn't received a huge amount of attention so far with Kublai Khan and the Mongol hordes and such. Situated somewhere around 1200 AD it's reminiscent of the old Shogun mini-series if any of you go back that far, but up to date in it's execution as far as technology and talent goes. Nice to see that period without any Tom Cruises or Keanu Reeves on the screen.

UPDATE: Into Season 2 and still enthralled. Benedict Wong is exceptional in the role of Kublai Khan.
Last edited by fluffy on Apr 30th, 2017, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”