Mary Kills People

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Mary Kills People

Post by Silverstarqueen »

At least this one was a little more interesting, I managed to stay awake for most of it.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Queen K wrote:
And the woman watching the vid is a widow of one of Mary's victims. Or clients. Whichever one you want to believe.

Noooo, the woman watching the video at the end is Mary's ex husbands gf/partner, who is a lawyer. I already forget who she was representing and it didn't make sense, to me, how she got the video. Definitely room for more seasons.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh she is? My bad. I missed that. I have a feeling there is an episode I missed anyways, because I have no recollection of the whole hospital early release deal going down.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#191017

Well well well, more help for people who want to die at home is needed.

Interestingly enough, one of the arguments for using services like Mary's came out of a character who said, "some day we'll look back and consider forcing people to die slowly as a form of torture."

And here's an article on the very debate that is brought up in the show over and over.
Can people who are terminal choose their own death?
Time and place (one character chose a beach)?
With their spouses knowledge or without? (One character knew his wife would be out).
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

I don't think we have to wait for "some day". I have already figured out, after the death of my mom over ten years ago, that the current system is unnecessarily tortuous. Watching her die of induced starvation was not my idea of how she should pass away. She wanted Dad with her, but he didn't feel comfortable doing that in a nursing home. That should not have been that way.

I thought one of the perks of the assisted suicide/dying with dignity law, was that people would be better able to choose to die at home. Seems that should not be made overly complicated, once the person has been cleared for assisted dying.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Prison for Life.

I suspect her life won't be long.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#200388

To think someone's claim to fame is meeting her in a hotel room and then taking her to see her elderly mom. :200:
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

I don't get why her sentences are concurrent. These were all separate murders which she committed. How the hell did she get away with it for so long? It seems like anyone could pull this off, if they were diabolical enough. No checks or balances?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

There a few theories about how a killer nurse "gets away with it for so long." One is that the patients are expected to die anyways given age and medical conditions. I suspect that it's the number one reason at any hospital, hospice or care home, across the board.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Last edited by Because_They_Lie on Jul 25th, 2017, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Thank you for sharing that. :200:
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Last edited by Because_They_Lie on Jul 25th, 2017, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Did you report the alleged murder to RCMP?
Isn't a common way to help the suffering patient along to their end is to give them heavy doses to sedate? And doesn't that often cause death?
In the case of the loud, dying patient wouldn't sedation have quieted him--one way or the other?
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Heavy sedation, to the point of in effect, starving the patient is a common method of quietly killing the elderly in our hospitals and nursing homes. I saw it myself, and protested as loudly as I could when I saw them trying to sedate my mother to death. As soon as I started making the right kinds of accusations, they reversed their use of heavy sedation and began treating her for her medical conditions. She lived another two years in relatively good health(she needed assistance, but could feed herself, and needed help toileting, and she needed a wheelchair). I don't know who it is exactly that makes these decisions, but someone does. It is obviously a cost-cutting measure since it costs relatively little to sedate an old person long enough to starve them to death, but two years of extended care is costing the system. Now if this is the reason, why don't they just fess up and say, we don't plan to look after your loved one, so would you like us to put them down,or do you want to make other arrangements?
They tried this stunt later with another loved one, but by this time it was not my first rodeo. So I made myself rather unpopular with the hospital staff by calling them on it right from the start. Fortunately for them, this family member only lived about another month or so.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Return to “Social Concerns”