NFL Colin Kaepernick/Kneeling football players

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: NFL Colin Kaepernick

Post by ferri »

Bam Bam Kam is going to be playing!!! 60 whats? [icon_lol2.gif]
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ferri wrote:Colin Kaepernick didn't vote in the election, and some people are furious

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/colin-kaepe ... m-have-it/

that goof has no problem collecting his paycheque
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

the truth wrote:that goof has no problem collecting his paycheque

So he shouldn't get paid because he didn't vote??

Having a democratic country means he has to freedom to not vote, to vote for whomever he wants or to protest.

Are you against democracy??
hail Satan y'all
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lol,lol coming from someone who is ok with all the trump protesting going on , when he won fair and square ,could you be anymore tofaced
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

the truth wrote:lol,lol coming from someone who is ok with all the trump protesting going on , when he won fair and square ,could you be anymore tofaced

But protesting is a democrat right? Obviously I am not okay with the violence that is occurring, but there are thousands of peaceful protesters out there, and them protesting is their democrat freedom.

How does that make me twofaced*? I believe in following and supporting democratic freedoms. I support Trump winning because that is how democracy works. But along with supporting the peoples vote, I also have to support their democratic right to protest, or them not voting. #democracy

Why is it when people don't have the exact same opinion as you you feel the need to try and shut them up? Or saying they shouldn't be paid because of it?
hail Satan y'all
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

my point is trump won fair and square , its over get over it, protesting his win will change nothing,the rep did not protest when ho bama won 2 times did they :topic:
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

the truth wrote:my point is trump won fair and square , its over get over it, protesting his win will change nothing,the rep did not protest when ho bama won 2 times did they :topic:

But you seem to be missing the point, it is their democrat freedom to protest. If the Republicans wanted to protest Obama they were free to do so.

So if Kaepernick wanted to practice his democratic freedom to not vote, or to protest during the national anthem he is free to do so. You may not like it, but it is his democratic freedom to do so.

It is just funny how someone can preach so loudly about how Trump won democratically, telling others to get over it but then tries to bring down other democratic freedoms.

Maybe you should "get over" to protests since it is all democracy right? Or do you only care about democracy when it pulls in favour of things you support?
hail Satan y'all
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Kaepernick Refused To Stand With The National Anthem. Now That He's Jobless, He's Changed His Mind.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/14041/kae ... es-barrett
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote:Kaepernick Refused To Stand With The National Anthem. Now That He's Jobless, He's Changed His Mind.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/14041/kae ... es-barrett

He's never really been a #1 QB, as free agent if a team needs a #2 or #3 QB. They may pick him up cheap.

I do not see him going to a team as there #1 QB..... even the Cleveland Browns. lol

Added later: wonder who has his rights in the CFL.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i hope the nfl and cfl blackball him from playing ever again,all that money stf up and play ball ,
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:i hope the nfl and cfl blackball him from playing ever again,all that money stf up and play ball ,

Why?
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

he gets paid to play football, he does not get paid to make a political statement at his work place imo
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:he gets paid to play football, he does not get paid to make a political statement at his work place imo

Okay got it.

I see a person making a harmless protest, which in both the US & Canada is permitted. It doesn't matter if I or one else disagree or agrees, if it is peaceful protest he (or anyone else) has that right.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i get what your saying, but imo not on the football field ,were he gets paid to do a job

http://www.dailywire.com/news/10817/kae ... nk-berrien
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”