Sodium, Refined sugars and fast food go hand in hand

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Sodium, Refined sugars and fast food go hand in hand

Post by Queen K »

Gixxer wrote:Sodium isnt as bad as it pervious was thought to be.

It's not that. It's the fact that most of what we eat is loaded with sodium, so pile on the sodium count from breakfast to midnight snacks and do an add up.

I like Chinese oyster sauce, Worchershire sauce, Heinz ketchup and various other sauces. Not even a hot sauce can be safe in sodium count. But it that's JUST one meal, and only a bit, I can see your thought on this.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup and/or Sugar, Yeast, Soybean Oil and/or Canola Oil, Contains 2% or Less: Salt, Wheat Gluten, Calcium Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Ammonium Sulfate, Ammonium Chloride, Dough Conditioners (May Contain One or More of: Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Azodicarbonamide, Mono and Diglycerides, Ethoxylated Monoglycerides, Monocalcium Phosphate, Enzymes, Guar Gum, Calcium Peroxide), Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Calcium Propionate and/or Sodium Propionate (Preservatives), Soy Lecithin.

Besides eating too much salt ^ that could be one of the reasons we're all fat. Those are the ingredients of the buns our 100% beef salty hamburgers are sold in.

So we're all fat. Then our doctor tells us we need to start taking pills for high blood pressure. It's a $trillion dollar industry.

these are our choices for high blood pressure pills:
Diuretics -
Beta-blockers
Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, (ACE inhibitors)
Alpha blockers
Angiotensin II receptor blockers
Calcium channel blockers

So first, we're incredibly cheap (and fat) when it comes to our food - fast food - and then we spend $trillions on pills and $trillions more building bigger hospitals. I wonder how we could change that.

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/hea ... pertension
http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... hamburger/
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:So first, we're incredibly cheap (and fat) when it comes to our food - fast food - and then we spend $trillions on pills and $trillions more building bigger hospitals. I wonder how we could change that.

What so many do - eat a Mediterranean diet and drive by the fast food places and, of course, exercise daily. I love my veggies.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Sodium is only a problem for certain people, it aggravates their hypertension. For others, like myself, they need lots of salt. So different strokes for different folks. It 's genetic, everyone in our family does better with salt.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Nothing worse than someone chasing you around telling you how to eat.

I say let the old guy eat his bacon in peace. Poor *bleep* probably crawled through ditches in a war eating spam and shoe laces.

Just let him enjoy the bacon. Okay?

Return to “Health”