Poachers caught

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Dawnland
Board Meister

Re: Elk hunted on private land-what ever happened ?

Post by Dawnland »

Fancy, what made you think that?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Like I said - focus. Private land - hunt - trespass. If you think the reserve is involved - that's on you. I hope the situation has already been resolved.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Dawnland wrote:But yes fancy, I don't know everything

Perhaps that is reflected in the number of votes received in the last Band elections?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Poachers caught

Post by Ken7 »

Gixxer wrote:I believe native people can hunt when ever they want

Apparently it matters not if the land is posted or not either. That just is not right, and they should like any hunter have to take a safety course before they go gunning down wildlife.

Possibly a real investigative reporter might read this and check into the shooting of Elk on posted land. It should have by now been determined if they are to be charged and if not whay they have not been charged!!
Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

twobits wrote:
Dawnland wrote:But yes fancy, I don't know everything

Perhaps that is reflected in the number of votes received in the last Band elections?

At least I let my name stand....Where was yours?
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Perhaps that is reflected in the number of votes received in the last Band elections?[/quote]

At least I let my name stand....Where was yours?[/quote]
Sorry no allowed to run in band elections , but you are allowed to run in our elections :200: :200:
Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

Not so Blueliner. I am not a city resident, I cannot run or vote. But hey, I don't know anything...

Twobits decided to 'poke fun' at the number of ballots cast in my election yet I haven't seen Twobits name on any ballot. Kinda like making fun of a homeless person at a job fair. I put myself on the line in public and in forums, I don't claim to be anything spectacular but I'm not going to have some armchair warrior discredit my efforts without them doing the same.

Back to the topic.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Back on topic. Nice to see the PIB is looking after the sheep. How about looking after the Elk.
http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/191044/PIB-treating-bighorn-sheep
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

Anonymous123 wrote:Back on topic. Nice to see the PIB is looking after the sheep. How about looking after the Elk.

What is it that the PIB are supposed to be doing for the elk?
Or are you trying to bring down the profile of the entire Band based on the actions of a few members? That's classy.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Anonymous123 wrote:Back on topic. Nice to see the PIB is looking after the sheep. How about looking after the Elk.

Dawnland wrote:What is it that the PIB are supposed to be doing for the elk?
Or are you trying to bring down the profile of the entire Band based on the actions of a few members? That's classy.

How about instructing the members not to hunt pregnant cows or any elk on private property. The silence from the band on this matter is deafening and yet it says a lot.
Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

Anonymous123 wrote:
How about instructing the members not to hunt pregnant cows or any elk on private property. The silence from the band on this matter is deafening and yet it says a lot.

Do you know how ignorant that statement is? When was the last time your mayor stood up and instructed your community members not to do drugs, or garbage pick, or break into cars? If this silence bugs you, perhaps you can contact the CO in the case and find out what's going on.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Anonymous123 wrote:

Dawnland wrote:Do you know how ignorant that statement is? When was the last time your mayor stood up and instructed your community members not to do drugs, or garbage pick, or break into cars? If this silence bugs you, perhaps you can contact the CO in the case and find out what's going on.

You are right. Doing drugs, garbage picking and breaking into cars is just as reprehensible as shooting a pregnant Elk, and every day judges are telling people not to do this.
Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

Anonymous123 wrote: and every day judges are telling people not to do this.

So then leave it for the judges. Expecting our Chief to stand on some pulpit pontificating on the actions of a few rather than doing his job is unbecoming of the title. Raise the bar on your 'beliefs' of who your Squilxw neighbours are.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Dawnland wrote:Not so Blueliner. I am not a city resident, I cannot run or vote. But hey, I don't know anything...

You can't vote but you certainly can run for a Council position in Penticton. Perhaps if you did and were elected, you could answer some questions the voters might be interested in knowing why the PIB does not condem the actions of "a few members" in this Elk kill.
Heck, I might even vote for you just to get a PIB liason with some obvious smarts to bridge the communication gap rather than this apparent secret code of silence "lest we cast a fellow" in bad light for an illegal/stupid Elk hunt.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

twobits wrote:
you could answer some questions the voters might be interested in knowing why the PIB does not condem the actions of "a few members" in this Elk kill.

Yeah dude, wouldn't happen. Politicians aren't of the condemning ilk. Staff, who support politicians, aren't of the condemning sort either. (Even if they felt otherwise)
FYI; I applied for the city communications coordinator. I figured with my connection and history in the city as a former business and landowner, my lifelong investment in volunteering, my degree and master's certificate, I'd have a shot. I didn't get an interview though...guess the city wants to go in another direction. But hey, it is what it is.

Return to “Social Concerns”