NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Frisk
Guru

Re: NHL

Post by Frisk »

Calgary vs Montreal tonight. Calgary on a 7 game win streak & Montreal on a 6. Gonna be a good one.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Frisk wrote:Calgary vs Montreal tonight. Calgary on a 7 game win streak & Montreal on a 6. Gonna be a good one.
It should have been a good game but at least tonight's Edmonton vs Montreal game was excellent. Good win for the Habs!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup, great win :up: man price is good or what
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

I nearly cried watching the oilers go from winning to losing 4-1 in 5 minutes.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Calgary is on another level right now. 10 game win streak
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Frisk wrote:Calgary is on another level right now. 10 game win streak

If they can continue, more then likely face Anaheim in first round, 13 game remaining.

Boston, Dallas, LA, Washington, Nashville, St. louis, Colorado, LA, San Jose, Anaheim, Anaheim, LA, San Jose

Meanwhile Edmonton (who is only 1 that can knock Calgary back into wildcard spot) have 14 games remaining.

Dallas, Boston, Vancouver, LA, Anaheim, Colorado, Colorado, LA, San Jose, Anaheim, LA, San Jose, Vancouver, Vancouver

They both play LA 3 time, since the Kings are currently 5 points back of St Louis for the final wildcard. Darryl Sutter will be pulling all stops to get as many wins as possible.

impo Edmonton has the better matchup for wins with 2 games against Colorado & 3 with Vancouver
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Technically these teams not mathematically (but will soon be) out of 2017 Playoff's, based on there chances they are out:

Carolina
Buffalo
Detroit (first time in 25 years, Wow)
New Jersey

Dallas
Vancouver
Arizona
Colorado (this is the only team mathematically out)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

The teams on outside looking in are:
Boston (even with 2nd wildcard team Islanders)
Tampa Bay (1 point back of both Islanders & Boston)

LA (knowing they are 8 points back of the last wildcard spot, highly doubtful)

Western Conference looks as who's in will stay in, it's just who will meet who. Chicago is safe atop the Central Division 8 points up on #2 Minnesota.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Lightning
Hurricanes
Islanders
Still have chance for a playoff spot, Philly is not mathematically out. Almost impossible jump over 4 teams.

Meanwhile in the West last wildcard team has 91 points & best LA could do is 91 points. Who's in are staying in, it's just who will meet who in first round.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

I'll be so sad if the oilers have to play the flames in the first round. Both are my favourite.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Frisk wrote:I'll be so sad if the oilers have to play the flames in the first round. Both are my favourite.

It's excellent to see Edmonton #1 in the Pacific division, so if Edmonton can maintain that spot & Calgary can move into #3. Because San Jose appears to be slumping at bad time of the season, it good news for the Flames.

Only about 4 games to go

Leafs fans must be nervous, as well excited. East still has spots up for grabs
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

It would be great to watch a battle of alberta series again, 2 fav. teams too. :admin:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Eastern playoff race
Maple Leafs fans are in tough only 2 of the remaining 5 games are against teams below them in the standings
Buffalo & Tampa
The other 3 are: Capitals, Penguins & Bluejackets

Senators also have 5 games remaining, 4 out of those 5 are below them in standings

Home & home against Red Wings, Bruins & Islanders
Only 1 above them against Rangers

Bruins have 4 games with 1 happening now, with only 1 below them.
Lightning

Currently playing Blackhawks, Senators & Capitals

Out of those 3 team, I say Senators have easier games that could result in wins. Unfortunately Maple Leafs have the hardiest route.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Ducks win, Oilers control their fate, if they win each game they beat out ducks, but Flames beating Ducks next would help. HA.

Will be a fun week though.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Maple Leaf fans must be on the edge of heart failure, there best chance to punch a ticket to playoffs.
They let it slip away by not beating Tampa, now final 2 games are against Pittsburgh then Columbus.

All they need is 2 points to eliminate both Tampa & the Islanders
Tampa last game is against Buffalo
NYI last 2 games are against New jersey then Ottawa

Good Luck TML

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”