BCHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: BCHL

Post by occasional thoughts »

Tough that our W.K.W. traded the local "kid" (20-year-old) Mennear. I didn't follow W.K. as closely as I might have over the season; did the two P.G. players they traded for play up to snuff and make the trade worth it?
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

occasional thoughts wrote:Tough that our W.K.W. traded the local "kid" (20-year-old) Mennear. I didn't follow W.K. as closely as I might have over the season; did the two P.G. players they traded for play up to snuff and make the trade worth it?

I can't speak to the performance of the players they traded for, but I do know that sometimes future considerations are structured on how much a player plays, or how far a team advances in the playoffs. For example, if the Warriors had bowed out in the first round, the player going back to PG might have been a lesser player, or nothing at all. It would all have to be agreed upon before the trade of course, and I have no idea if anything like this was agreed to in the first place. But it's been done.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Looks like Brooks got theirs eh. You'd think there'd be grown-up minds controlling the game even at that level by this day and age. Glad to see that the hockey bosses, even at the Junior A level, are hard at work over the summer.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Round 2 of BCHL playoffs are under way, here in Okanagan/Shuswap only Vernon & Penticton are evolved. Both Salmon Arm & West Kelowna have been eliminated.

Trail vs Vernon
Merritt vs Penticton
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Both Vernon & Penticton are up 2 games to none in their series.

Looking like it be showdown of 2 valley powerhouses in BCHL in the next round.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Vernon has moved on to round 3, 4 games to 1 over Trail
Meanwhile Merritt is giving Penticton a run, that series is tied at 3 games a piece. Game 7 goes to tomorrow

So Vernon vs ? in round 3

I happen to noticed the BCHL changed it playoff format this year, to eliminate 3 team final round.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Chilliwack Chiefs can move on to BCHL finals tomorrow night, they are up 3 games to 1 over Victoria.
Meanwhile the Vernon vs Penticton series is tied at 2 games a piece.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Hell of an effort by Penticton Vees, as a fan thank you.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Okay BCHL really needs to rethink there playoff format. Reason all the teams in the Interior Division are in the playoffs. At the current standings there is 33 point different from top team to the bottom team..... no matter they are all in the playoffs.
This could be the definition of a joke.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

GordonH wrote:Okay BCHL really needs to rethink there playoff format. Reason all the teams in the Interior Division are in the playoffs. At the current standings there is 33 point different from top team to the bottom team..... no matter they are all in the playoffs.
This could be the definition of a joke.

Totally agree, its the modern day participation ribbon format...
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Round 3 of the BCHL playoffs:
Prince George 2/1 over Powell River
Wentchee 2/0 over Trail

Top 2 teams in regular season play were knocked out of playoffs
1) Penticton (by Trail)
2) Vernon (by Wentchee)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

BCHL Championships/Fred Page Cup has:

Prince George Spruce Kings at Wenatchee Wild
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:BCHL Championships/Fred Page Cup has:

Prince George Spruce Kings at Wenatchee Wild

Wenatchee can sweep PG & win the Fred Page Cup Thursday.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Congratulations to the Wenatchee Wild on Winning the Fred Page Cup.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Congratulations to the 2018 RBC Cup winners the Chilliwack Chiefs

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”