To Pedestrians & Cyclists

Cyclists

Postby CoachGuy » Mar 20th, 2017, 11:37 am

It's started again. The cyclists are out and many of them are disobeying the basic traffic laws in which we have to abide by. Not stopping at red lights, stop signs etc.... There needs to be some enforcement with penalty.....
CoachGuy

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Cyclists

Postby lightspeed » Mar 20th, 2017, 11:44 am

Cycling the wrong way down a street, through an intersection, helmetless, black clad, unlit geniuses.

"The city of Kelowna is asking people driving motor vehicles to be more aware of other road users."

Great but how about teaching some of these goofs how to ride, the rules of the road, basic cycling road safety, and more.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"
lightspeed
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2051 posts

Re: Cyclists

Postby GordonH » Mar 20th, 2017, 11:55 am

*Threads have been merged. Thanks! :)

spooker likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6404 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Bicycle Riders

Postby spooker » Mar 20th, 2017, 12:20 pm

CoachGuy wrote:It's started again. The cyclists are out and many of them are disobeying the basic traffic laws in which we have to abide by. Not stopping at red lights, stop signs etc.... There needs to be some enforcement with penalty.....

There is enforcement ... and the tickets do include fines ... we've had this discussion ad nauseam ...

More food for thought:
http://cyclingmagazine.ca/spotlight/cyclists-break-traffics-laws-personal-safety-reasons-save-energy-study/
--
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato
spooker
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 545 posts

Re: To Pedestrians & Cyclists

Postby Queen K » Jul 17th, 2017, 8:54 pm

Okay, today I was on Wintergreen Drive making a right hand curve when a cyclist appeared in my lane. She was wearing a yellow dress and balancing a coffee cup in her right hand while steering with her left hand. She was cutting into the corner right in my lane. Cut me right off, right in front of the SUV. Said, "Sorry" as she went by.

This is why people hate how cyclists see the whole road as their playground.
Terror Twins Inc. Catsumi and QK, at your disposal. We take Bitcoin. Applications to be our accountant and lawyer presently accepted.

On-line Gossip: Unless you have proof, all you have is slander and libel.

4 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 11274 posts

Postby Queen K » Sep 13th, 2017, 9:00 pm

To the Asian woman crossing the road 5 feet from the actual crosswalk on Lanfranco Road, glued to your "smart" phone, not looking around for traffic at all:

NO AMOUNT of money you ever win with your assistance with lawyers will ever compensate you for your loss of physical health.

NO AMOUNT whatsoever. You may have won millions from my insurance if I had also been like most drivers today, glued to a phone and not seen you.
Terror Twins Inc. Catsumi and QK, at your disposal. We take Bitcoin. Applications to be our accountant and lawyer presently accepted.

2 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby GordonH » Nov 18th, 2017, 9:36 pm

Bumped
Knowing how fast some drivers take that section of Baron Rd, add in the foot traffic from Condo's to grocery & other stores.
I'm surprised not more people have been hit is that area.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... -crosswalk
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6404 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby lightspeed » Nov 18th, 2017, 9:43 pm

About the four cretins riding two abreast today.....approaching a blind corner up a hill one of the cretins is waving a car behind to overtake.

Thing is, a car is coming down the hill towards them, so the now-overtaking car nearly has a head on.

Idiots....
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

Queen K likes this post.
lightspeed
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2051 posts

Postby MAPearce » Nov 19th, 2017, 7:17 am

lightspeed wrote:About the four cretins riding two abreast today.....approaching a blind corner up a hill one of the cretins is waving a car behind to overtake.

Thing is, a car is coming down the hill towards them, so the now-overtaking car nearly has a head on.

Idiots....
The question is , "was the driver of the car behind just as much as a cretin as the cyclist to go ahead and over take " ??

There are only more *bleep* drivers than cyclists simply because there are more cars on the road than bikes. Myself being a dedicated pedestrian for 8 years , I can be honest and say you're BOTH a bunch of asshats...
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

lightspeed likes this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 3486 posts

Postby spooker » Dec 2nd, 2017, 8:15 pm

Makes me think there is hope after all ... a different perspective

People walking dark clothes. Bicycles with no lights. When I'm driving, every one of them is a reminder to me that I can see them provided I look and anticipate; and with every one I see, the chance of me forgetting to look and anticipate is reduced. They make me a better driver.

https://twitter.com/beztweets/status/937012440696532992
--
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato
spooker
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 545 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 2nd, 2017, 9:00 pm

I swear to God the colour of choice for Winter early morning pedestrians and cyclists is "Pitch Black" followed by "Dark Black" to "Prince of Night Black" to "Slate Black" running into fifty shades of dark grey for jackets and coats.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby maryjane48 » Dec 2nd, 2017, 9:30 pm

Queen K wrote:I swear to God the colour of choice for Winter early morning pedestrians and cyclists is "Pitch Black" followed by "Dark Black" to "Prince of Night Black" to "Slate Black" running into fifty shades of dark grey for jackets and coats.

I carry reflective paint in my truck and i slow down and give them a skunk stripe . [icon_lol2.gif]
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2664 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan