College Kids Say the Darndest Things

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

College Kids Say the Darndest Things

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
fvkasm2x
Guru

Re: College Kids Say the Darndest Things

Post by fvkasm2x »

The answer to his question, why?

Because people are bleeping stupid.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

That is scary on so many levels. Wait until ISIS gets ahold of them and says they're girl guides.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

So if a 50 year old man says he feels like a 16 year old boy, then has sex with a young girl... they'd be fine with that?

I mean to many of us, that's just as stupid as any other comparison
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

fvkasm2x wrote:So if a 50 year old man says he feels like a 16 year old boy, then has sex with a young girl... they'd be fine with that?

I mean to many of us, that's just as stupid as any other comparison

It's called Death By Virtue Signalling. No one wants to offend anyone, even if you have to lie to yourself and throw out all facts and reason. Even better, you can severely inconvenience yourself -- or better yet, the future generations -- by virtue signaling how tolerant you are.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I've always thought I was born in a wrong body. Since about my 20's, I've realized the person inside of me doesn't match me on the outside. Since then it's been an up-hill battle to live in a society where your inside person is different. Unfortunately it's really hard. Our society isn't this advanced yet.

Me on the inside: Young millionaire who drives expensive cars, flies a private jet, and doesn't have to work a day in his life.

Me on the outside: Not so young, have to work, not a millionaire, and no private jet.

Please go to my GoFundMe page and help me fix this identity crisis by giving me money to buy me cars, jets, and quit working.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Conflating the issues of gender identity, ethnicity, age, and physical stature just doesn't make any sense ... FPIW did a good job of leading the students to confusion by starting with the gender identity question which kept them offbalance for the followup scenarios ...

Yeah, society as a whole has no clue how to handle things as they are changing and more information is being disseminated to the point of overload ... who knows how this will all fall out ...

It's good to see things like this but we have to use it as an exercise to figure out if our own reactions are based on knee-jerk responses or have we developed our conclusions based on more than just our reptile brain ...

Return to “Social Concerns”