Firearms enthusiasts only.

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Firearms enthusiasts only.

Post by Rwede »

E.L. Communications wrote:Hey, Anyone Reloading that can give a preference on which cartridge shells they like better, Winchester or Federal?

I use Remington mostly (scarcer than hen's teeth) and some Nosler.

I bought some Winchester brass but noticed quite a variance in casing length on brand new brass. However, you should resize and trim brand new brass anyways, just to avoid the variation and to ensure consistent neck tension.

The Nosler brass I use is really consistent right out of the box. It's also damned expensive!

Check your reloading data sheet to see what they used for brass as they tested loads. Might help to make a choice between the two if one of them was used in the data tests. Brass does vary with case wall thickness and case capacity between the brands.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
skytech2

Post by skytech2 »

Rwede wrote:I'm going to point at the Vortex first. It might not hold zero, especially with the 7 mag and the lightweight Tikka.

Also, have you tried different kinds of ammo? Some guns like one brand way better than others because of barrel harmonics and bullet jump. I assume you're shooting factory ammo and not reloading?

Rwede
You were correct - took it in and it was a cracked scope mount. No idea how that happened.
Thanks
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

skytech2 wrote:Rwede
You were correct - took it in and it was a cracked scope mount. No idea how that happened.
Thanks

Good to hear you found the problem.

It can cost lots of money sometimes chasing these things around when accuracy isn't up to par!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

When I started shooting IPSC I once made the mistake of complaining that my Shadow wasn't shooting straight.
One of the old hats gently took it from my hands and then shot a rediculously tight group into a distant target.
"Learne to shoot noob" was what I got. :biggrin:
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

I was wondering when this technology would arrive, fascinating.

gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Hey guys i just watend to introduce myself.
I am a happy firearm owner and love target shooting as well as hunting and just being outdoors.

This year I will be joining oceola and getting the family membership. I was introduced to them last year through okanagan forest task force.

I am the happy owner of a Mossberg 12g, savage axis 30/06, tikka t3 hunter 300 winmag, and two .22's :).

I am gonna be getting into reloading this year and honestly dont know to much but do have great friends that do and will help me along the way. My father was big into reloading and took me to the range every weekend to shoot with "the guys". He reloaded for work reasons and did it lots.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Hey right on u know Kane. I had a hand in launching the otf. Kane has done amazing with it . Gunners gotta stick together
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

For some time I ran a local gun trader group on fb here but I gave up
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Why gave up? I'd trade for something cool
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Group is still running I handed it of too a guy . Fb kept shutting it down . Went on for years

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Does castanet persecute against firearms buyers

tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

No
WW
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

WW
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Nice sks brother . I'm more into the lever actions . I do have an m305 tho

tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Not an sks. That's a Robinson Armaments XCR
WW

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”